Fantastic tool. Good job
A few suggestions and bug reports;
- Sometimes, when selecting a colour from the Light tab (e.g. diffuse, ambient, sky, etc), the colour selection box won't respond to input from the mouse (i.e. chosen colour isn't reflected), and then trying to reopen the colour dialog after pressing enter to select OK will cause a crash.
- Waypoints seem to be very flexible. By that, it means that when I set a number of waypoints, it often seems to clip past many of them to try and smooth the path. For example, I tried to set waypoints from the top of the mountain in Kun'lai, around the back temple, and through parts of Jade Forest. When I played it back, the camera path smoothing would make it so that the camera didn't go around the back of the temple and the more points added, the smoother it seemed to be.
Suggestion: Reduce the smoothing a little and make sure it goes through every point and faces the correct direction.
- More waypoints! The 21 cap is nice, but adding more would be awesome. I don't know if there's a technical reason for 21, but more would be nice.
- Porting to another area (e.g. Pandaria to Orgrimmar) automatically turns the colours to be dark - only fix is to restart the game. It'd be nice if it automatically grabbed the correct colours through porting.
- It doesn't seem possible to select colours on the very edge of the colour selection boxes. Red seems impossible to select, though obviously you can enter exact hex values. I'm not sure if this is something you can fix considering it's probably a component core to the framework.
This, along with WMV, are the 2 single greatest tools for WoW machinima. This tool especially though allows much more authentic scenes to be created. The slow motion feature is absolutely fantastic - I don't understand how it works, but it's so flawless in it's execution and design that I tip my hat to you. Being able to get "up close and personal" with bolt-type spells is fantastic. Of all the features in there, this is by far my favourite.
Being able to control the time and the speed of time without affecting anything other than visuals is a nice addition. I also realized that the sun, at least in Pandaria, only rises to the top, and then goes back down the same way it had risen.
The spectate feature is great for just exploring, and being able to control the render fog range is awesome. Being able to focus on a character and do massive zoom in is great, it allows you to create the impression that an important character has arrived or that they're being watched from a distance (perhaps someone will create a "Garrosh being sniped by Vol'jin" video with this feature).
Aside from a few crashes and tweaks, this tool is just fantastic. I've been waiting for something exactly like this for years, but even more recently have I wanted to try and revitalize the dying machinima community. Perhaps we'll be able to do so now we have a new tool to take the place of the previous camera tool.
Thank you all for feedbacks
The colour selection box is probably the most buggy thing of the soft ^^. I have decided to code a new one, to have exactly what I needed, but I had a lot of bugs to correct, so I just corrected the most importants. If I had corrected everything, you would not have had the software so quickly, because I always found something to improve, delaying the release date. Khamúl will attest .
There is technical reasons for the 21 points . And yes, the more points added, the smoother it is. I made that choice to avoid the previous bug of WMT, that added sometime some points in 0 0 0. But I will see that later.
If you port to another area with the light enable, the colour will be dark. But I think you can just disable then enable.
Very nice. I want more. I like pretty things.
Originally Posted by Mark Twain
All of this seems more complicated that it seems.
Perhaps a tutorial soon?
Ive no idea what the Machinima thing was and what this is but im interested like crazy
Do u apply this in game or what? Can u slow down shit and make the nights darker? WTF?
Really nice looking , im interested in downloading im just a little sketched out about the security.mmmm
And yes, it also does slow motion, and it is cool as fuck, and I have absolutely no god damn idea how it works but it is totally brilliant.
Strictly speaking, I want it to be said again: this tool is, technically speaking, against the ToS. You're able to access Spectator mode basically, which is a protected function. The old Machinima tool was also, technically speaking, against the ToS for the same reasons, but I've never heard of anybody ever receiving account actions for using it. It doesn't actually teleport your character around or allow you to perform in-game actions you wouldn't be able to normally, really.
- - - Updated - - -
But hopefully we do see a source code release soon to assuage those fears.
Any hope for 64bit support soon?
Thank you ElyPop for the sig!
While I liked the music and angles used. Just noticed how boring and bland most of MoP zones look. (most, not all)
Edit: People need to use this for bosskill/tac videos.
This is amazing, thanks so much
We cannot prevent what we cannot predict ~ ♥
I've never been into machinima stuff really but I gotta admit this was nicely done. I'm looking up for what people can create with the new models.
Is 2500 the max view distance or is it just my machine?
Why read words when we can kill stuff the words tell us about?
You have dreamed of death, you thought to escape it. Now, my little puppet, death is all you will ever know.
NO ITEMS EEEVVVEEERRR!!!
Who knew the world could be so beautiful without the fog.
sounds nice, but the "read me" .txt says it's against the ToS, so I'm not gonna touch it
Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.