Page 1 of 2
LastLast

boomkin rant: 2 things

1- Moonkin Form needs an update..it's a BC model and with the new models coming out I think leaving moonkin form as is wouldn't feel right.

2- I get so many friggin shooting stars procs it's soo ridiculous that I miss half of them...they need to give us 2 stacks like mages get with ice lance. I know this would be too OP for pvp so there would have to be a mechanic change there. Anyone agree?

1. I don't feel like it needs an update. Tauren version is really ugly but you can choose Astral Form anyways.

2. If they stacked, the movement dps of balance druids would also be too high. Missing some of them is perfectly fine as we're balanced around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    1. I don't feel like it needs an update. Tauren version is really ugly but you can choose Astral Form anyways.

2. If they stacked, the movement dps of balance druids would also be too high. Missing some of them is perfectly fine as we're balanced around that.
    too high? elemental shamans can almost cast their whole rotation..as well as hunters while moving....

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I get so many friggin shooting stars procs it's soo ridiculous that I miss half of them...they need to give us 2 stacks like mages get with ice lance. I know this would be too OP for pvp
    You have a higher chance of Starsurge procs in PvE due to the set bonus. Because of this set bonus, baseline boomie Starsurge procs were nerfed. As a result, boomie damage in PvP currently sucks a fair bit, and could benefit from a stacking Shooting Stars proc.

My wife plays boomie in PvP, and constantly complains about the weak damage and few procs she's getting. So no, I don't think it would be OP.

too high? elemental shamans can almost cast their whole rotation..as well as hunters while moving....
    Yes, but their damage is balanced around that. If you can't cast while moving, it doesn't mean that you're not doing more dps than someone who can.

1. new update to the form is needed. To some degree. I am usin Astral Form but that form isnt good enough, it should look like a normal form...
    2. Shooting starts need to stack. Moonkins lose a lot of dps on moving fight and on standing fight we are good. Making SS stack can solve that. Make it stack to 3 and that for every cast we lose 33%. So 1st cast is Max dmg, and 3rd 33%. When we cast all 3 it resets back to 100%
    The only reason why Blizz is against it is due to PvP, and since it will do high dmg. But its not like locks cant have 2mill crit...

1. I don't feel like it needs an update.
    Wat

10char/

Deleted
    Moonkin and Treant form both need a remodel. Obviously there is the new tree form but i am talking about the old one which can be glyphed and also the treants we summon. Just open your character page ingame and zoom in on the boomkin form, its hideously outdated, from a distance is looks fine but i would like a remodel personally as i am sure others would.

Shooting stars doesnt need to stack atall.
    However we do need some better aoe, i dont like cast channel on a zone aoe, it doesnt work unless mobs dont move and are stacked well, heck if we are going to channel i would rather have Mind seer type of aoe. Fights like immersius hc where adds are moved consistently from pools appearing, you go almost oom trying to keep up with them, this is one example among alot.

Btw i dont mean we need a more damaging aoe, couldnt care less about that, i mean one which isnt so situational. I still think Hurricane and Storm should be like destro lock raid of fire, and give us a cooldown to splash our dots for a short time, reintroduce insect swarm to do that would be nice.

(Everything can be balanced in terms of damage, its about complexity and situational abilities which just get on my nerves when its too difficult to use properly on some fights).

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Wat

10char/
    Why? What is the issue?

Of course this is just my opinion, but I like how all forms but Taurens' form look like.

While moonkin forms do need a slight update, Worgen and Troll forms are just old models / textures. they do need a higher polycount and model but atm it aint one of blizzards major issues while char models are. Maybe in a patch in WoD they will go "hi guys we made a new model! all races are unique now.

As for starsurge procs, id like to see its mechanic kinda changed in WoD, with bad gear it never procs, mid range it procs enough and no overlap, now most boomies have like 40%+ crit in raids it procs all the time so you pretty much spamming starsurge for most of your DPS, while its nice for movement its kinda annoying for standing still. And to the person who said make it so each stack does 33% damage (or if you go over 1) it will make us use 3 globals for the same damge of 1, id rather miss one then spend 3 globals to make one... moonkins need a kinda change. i wish the would remove ALL movement and casting unless its instant..

Deleted
    There are priorities and druid forms aren't one of them. They would change it, but don't expect it to be anytime soon. TBH I like "old" (current) moonkin form.

As for Starsurge procs, they would need to balance it around PvE AND PvP, since it would increase burst dmg.

Why? What is the issue?

Of course this is just my opinion, but I like how all forms but Taurens' form look like.
    Agreed. For a lot of people I know 50% of playing Boomkin is being that cute weird looking chicken, it's all about the aesthetics of the model. Sure the model isn't the best looking graphically but it technically is still newer than some other character models. Possibly we will look a bit out of place once all the new character models are in but that is yet to be seen and won't be for a while. By time that even happens they will likely already be working on a new model since they did say it is lower priority, not it's never going to happen.

People who use Glyph of the Stars confuse me, go play a Mage or something.

Why? What is the issue?

I love everything about the Moonkin form....except the polygon count. I don't think anyone asks for a new model, just an updated one.

I love everything about the Moonkin form....except the polygon count. I don't think anyone asks for a new model, just an updated one.
    Just make everything a little bit smoother, and stop the clipping that happens with the model. They really don't even need to go all out and change everything, it just needs some polish.

I've been wanting a new moonkin model for so long, felt gutted when trees got an update an we just got some silly armor form after what we were promised way back when

I don't think my gear level on my boomkin is high enough to be affected by too many shooting stars procs, but I do feel like we need something else to play with rotationally if we're always in eclipse form in WoD methinks? At least for single target, as from what I remember of the talents rather easy OP looking one atm where you'd toggle around and always stick in Lunar or something.

Oh boy, I haven't heard THESE complaints before.

(Just kidding every second post on the wow forums asks for new models)

I'm playing with the glyph to have the old travel form. I don't mind low polygon count, I actually even prefer it if the feel and animations are better on the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    People who use Glyph of the Stars confuse me, go play a Mage or something.
    While I like Moonkin Form, I just have to play with Astral Form as you can't see what's under your feet if you're not using it. Especially things like Sha of Fear's spouts in p2 are extremely difficult to see with Moonkin Form.

Yes, but their damage is balanced around that. If you can't cast while moving, it doesn't mean that you're not doing more dps than someone who can.
    THIS, elemental on a patchwerk fight is one of the lowest possible dps specs, this is due to the reason we're balanced around moving, as soon as everyone else stops and we cannot spam CL we're dropping down the meters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    TBH I like "old" (current) moonkin form.
    You like it over what exactly? and what is the "new" (non current) form that you are implying? glyph of the stars isnt a new form. There is no alternative to compare it too. We arent asking for a new form, but an updated one that isnt base in 8-bit graphics.

I think its naive to cling to the current one. Its the duty of the game creator with a game thats been around this long to update it, and i am sure they will once they are finished with the other models.

Deleted
    Oh boo f*****g hoo. Do you have any idea how much higher dps Boomkins are doing than hunters/ele shamans? Cry me a river.