Resto Druid trinket combo?

In a heroic 25m setting, what trinkets are you all switching for? Since I'm at the 13k hbp I'm constantly using the prismatic trinket with the thok trinket. I swap out the thok trink for the blackfuse one sometimes when we are in spread fights. How is the naz trinket for rdruid?

naz trinket is pretty cool w/ treants, if you're tracking procs and trying to get the most out of them due to rppm procs, but really, there's pretty much no fight where you wouldn't rather have what you have instead, if you wanted to take naz to make your regen more consistent in spread fights, you could, but overall the naz one is really only preferable to anything else if you're not a monk, especially since 25s can't do stupid 10-man shit like call in vent "I got lucky procs, hold back next raid cd for a few secs"

naz's is a bit better in 10s due to it's high proc chance and 10 needing to regrowth w/o procs more often to save low people

rppm is better than the awful icd trinkets this tier imo, because you at least have a chance to get something out of it instead of a pretty much guaranteed wasted procs because those icd's sync with literally 0 things in this tier (or at least it feels that way pretty often), but overall, you'll see stronger numbers with blackfuse unless it's putting you to a point mana-wise that would be impossible for you to spend, so basically BiS this tier is pretty much PPP+thok's on stacked and PPP+something else on spread, from what I hear, you can get decent numbers out of thok's even in spread fights anyways in 25s though, and always remember that PPP isn't the same crazy increase it's often claimed to be until you're like average ilvl 555+, below that it's fairly balanced stat-wise, and then with the heroic version in mostly heroic gear is pants-on-head retarded over-budget

but yah, switching due to thok trinket's limitations is pretty much the way to go this tier, if you're not sure about a fight, just try different ones on different pulls and check what they pulled, and also, treants have appeared to be capable of proc'ing multi-strike and cleave on their heals to keep them in the running as a talent

I'd say at this point, take the naz trinket if nobody else wants it, but you're probably fine with what you already have in your bag.

also remember that due to the naz and blackfuse trinket being rppm, they due that whole non-stop proc thing for the first minute of the fight, so you can pretty much free-cast for the first minute if you have blackfuse which can be nice for stuff like the malkorok pull

I carry 4 trinkets, the multi strike and cleave one, the one from Seige the spirit one, and the norm I use always is the one from Sha. I swap them out depending on fights.

Looking at the log I see that the multi strike one is pretty much useless, doing like 2-4% of the total is just not worth it, I would rather blow my mana out and using the spirit proc + Innverate to get my mana back and this still allow me to push my heals better, because I would rather waste mana doing more Genesis than using the multi-strike. The cleave one is pretty strange. I haven't actually gone right throw the log and see how it compare. but under AOE healing fight, I find I have more mana, this only mean that I am either doing less heals because heal cleaving is working really well. or that raiders are moving away from stupid quicker, lol.
    but most of the time I use Seige and sha trinket mostly. don't ask me what the names are, just those are from those bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by druci View Post
    Looking at the log I see that the multi strike one is pretty much useless, doing like 2-4% of the total is just not worth it, I would rather blow my mana out and using the spirit proc + Innverate to get my mana back and this still allow me to push my heals better, because I would rather waste mana doing more Genesis than using the multi-strike. The cleave one is pretty strange. I haven't actually gone right throw the log and see how it compare. but under AOE healing fight, I find I have more mana, this only mean that I am either doing less heals because heal cleaving is working really well. or that raiders are moving away from stupid quicker, lol.
    but most of the time I use Seige and sha trinket mostly. don't ask me what the names are, just those are from those bosses.
    The general idea is correct, however much of the reasoning is not.
    First, 4% heal from multistrike trinket is a good value and would make it viable. Unfortunately I mostly see it around 2% which means it's not really worth it.
    Second, the spirit proc does nothing for innervate, so you actually lose mana by waiting to use innervate until the trinket procs. Innervate is not affected by spirit procs and this includes the one of the Siegecrafter trinket.
    The cleave trinket is really good for stacked fights (it's always around 7% for me on heroic Thok and Norushen) but it sucks on many fights in 10 man.

If you have all 4 trinkets at the same level, you should always use the Sha trinket (Priston) and as second trinket depending on the fight cleave (Thok) or Siegecrafter (DSD).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    First, 4% heal from multistrike trinket is a good value and would make it viable. Unfortunately I mostly see it around 2% which means it's not really worth it.
    Second, the spirit proc does nothing for innervate, so you actually lose mana by waiting to use innervate until the trinket procs. Innervate is not affected by spirit procs and this includes the one of the Siegecrafter trinket.
    The cleave trinket is really good for stacked fights (it's always around 7% for me on heroic Thok and Norushen) but it sucks on many fights in 10 man.

If you have all 4 trinkets at the same level, you should always use the Sha trinket (Priston) and as second trinket depending on the fight cleave (Thok) or Siegecrafter (DSD).
    In any encouter that requires real healing the Naz would increase my healing by 4+%.
    Let's say I get the DSD my mana generation will increase so I can reforge the excessive spirit to mastery and that would be a 4.5% healing increase.
    I'd say the DSD is a bit better than the Naz's trinket(both heroic warforged) but consider the difficulty to get the heroic DSD and the Naz one on the other hand is so easy, you might want to use the PPP + Naz's for most fight.

I think the Naz's trinket is underrated. It might be that people are testing it in normal raiding and find that the healing from proc is not that great.
    But in heroic raiding where the healing is intense the Naz's trinket is quite decent.

Quote Originally Posted by bwab View Post
    In a heroic 25m setting, what trinkets are you all switching for? Since I'm at the 13k hbp I'm constantly using the prismatic trinket with the thok trinket. I swap out the thok trink for the blackfuse one sometimes when we are in spread fights. How is the naz trinket for rdruid?
    This is pretty much going to be the correct line of thought at all times, 10man included. The multistrike trinket isn't very strong compared to the others. The thok trinket wouldn't be very good if it wasn't for the large amount of stacking in SoO

The choices of trinkets I have are

580 Nazgrim
    580 Siege
    574 Thok
    548 Sha

I'm thinking whether to switch between using the low ilvl sha and then switch between Siege and Thok depending on the fight, after the xmas break we are back on Garrosh 25 heroic progress and I imagine with the stacked nature of the raid Thok should be pretty good there, I think my main question is the low ilvl of Sha worth using.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orous/advanced

My maths is failing me a bit but is Siegecrafters spirit proc the equivalent of around 3200 spirit?
    Last edited by Migraine; 2013-12-19 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    The choices of trinkets I have are

580 Nazgrim
    580 Siege
    574 Thok
    548 Sha

I'm thinking whether to switch between using the low ilvl sha and then switch between Siege and Thok depending on the fight, after the xmas break we are back on Garrosh 25 heroic progress and I imagine with the stacked nature of the raid Thok should be pretty good there, I think my main question is the low ilvl of Sha worth using.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orous/advanced
    Since there is a considerable ilvl difference, I would advise you not to use the Sha trinket. Use Siegecrafter DSD as baseline and Thok for stacked fights, Nazgrim for the rest. I guess that the cleave is pretty good for Garrosh on 25, but you can just try it out and see how much % healing it gives.

The sha trinket is generally a bit overrated, and since you only have it on flex it's not worth it at all. It gives you less than 2500 secondary stats, which is really not much. The spirit proc on your wf hc DSD alone is worth more than 4000 spirit. The wf hc multistrike trinket is pretty much guaranteed to be better than flex amp on every fight, and cleave is even better than that on some (stacked) fights.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2013-12-19 at 12:35 PM.

This is incorrect, to a degree. You are right in saying that temporary spirit effects (such as DSD proc, mana tide, ect.) do not directly affect innervate. However, the % increase from PPP on these procs does affect innervate. For example, I run 561 DSD, and if I innervate on the initial proc it acts as if I have roughly 2k more passive spirit than I actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexAM View Post
    This is incorrect, to a degree. You are right in saying that temporary spirit effects (such as DSD proc, mana tide, ect.) do not directly affect innervate. However, the % increase from PPP on these procs does affect innervate. For example, I run 561 DSD, and if I innervate on the initial proc it acts as if I have roughly 2k more passive spirit than I actually do.
    That's interesting, I thought PPP would also disregard temporary effects. (But I don't use it because I only have the flex version.)
    So this means innervating during Mana Tide gives 15k more mana? I mean it's not that much, but better than the 10k you get from the DSD proc and you can choose when to use tide instead of waiting for a proc.
    Guess I need to test this some time.

I don't have a resto shaman in my raid group but that would be my guess, I'll see if I can test it out tonight. I did some some testing with innervate and it was about a 10k mana increase as you stated. Luckily DSD procs rather frequently so I don't find myself waiting for procs for more than a few seconds, a few bad RNG situations aside. Tide could definitely be planned easier, and if the stars aligned you could probably land both.

I can't take credit for discovering the (bug?) - it was mentioned very briefly on EJ although was not discussed further. I'd be curious to see how it works out for you.

also, a correction on my part:

apparently treant's swiftmend/efflo are able to proc nazgrim and and thok trinkets' multistrike and cleave because they are considered your own spells in the combat log

however their healing touches (unfortunately, most of their healing) are unable to

Deleted

At least I seem to get very consistent 4% from my Nazgrim's on pretty much every boss, last raid I did it was ranging from 3.7% to 4.2% on everything but Malkorok.

I'm seeing 3.5% from Nazgrim. Procs a few times per second, so it's very reliable. Pretty decent and less prone to overhealing than Thok. I wouldn't use it over normal/heroic PPP+DMS if I had that option, but my luck with healing trinket is as always terrible. Unless you have those two at proper item levels, Nazgrim is a solid choice.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by alltat View Post
    i'm seeing 3.5% from nazgrim. Procs a few times per second.
    yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Since there is a considerable ilvl difference, I would advise you not to use the Sha trinket. Use Siegecrafter DSD as baseline and Thok for stacked fights, Nazgrim for the rest. I guess that the cleave is pretty good for Garrosh on 25, but you can just try it out and see how much % healing it gives.

The sha trinket is generally a bit overrated, and since you only have it on flex it's not worth it at all. It gives you less than 2500 secondary stats, which is really not much. The spirit proc on your wf hc DSD alone is worth more than 4000 spirit. The wf hc multistrike trinket is pretty much guaranteed to be better than flex amp on every fight, and cleave is even better than that on some (stacked) fights.

How is the Sha trink overrated? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd just like input on how it is overrated. If he had the sha trinket normal mode, would you still suggest not using it? I see from your armory that you use the blackfuse+thok trinket respectively. It would be great if you could share your thoughts on this regarding the normal mode and up Sha trink and how it compares.

Quote Originally Posted by bwab View Post
    How is the Sha trink overrated? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd just like input on how it is overrated. If he had the sha trinket normal mode, would you still suggest not using it? I see from your armory that you use the blackfuse+thok trinket respectively. It would be great if you could share your thoughts on this regarding the normal mode and up Sha trink and how it compares.
    I'm not saying the Sha trinket is bad, but it has a few problems. First, the int proc which is generally not very good for healers (but 3 out of 4 current trinkets have that). Second, it cannot be swapped for other trinkets on a per-fight basis. If I use it, I have to use it all the time. Third, except for the heroic version with heroic gear, the stat gains are pretty small (low item level and low % increase give very few stats).

For me personally, heroic PPP never dropped, so I only have flex version which is out of the question. How good the normal version is for you depends on your other gear. Here's what normal 2/2 PPP would give me (ilvl 573, 35k secondary stats w/o crit):
    Secondary stat increase: 2640. Healing increase (22% effective crit): 1.66%.
    So this would be slightly better than Nazgrim trinket but not as good as DSD and (on some fights) cleave. Since I cannot switch out PPP, I probably would not use the normal version.
    As a comparison, heroic 2/2 PPP would give me 3k secondary stats and about 1.9% healing increase. Still not great, but I will probably use it when I get it.

Generally speaking, at equal item levels:

Sha >> Siegecrafter (For mana intense/spread out fights) => Thok (Stack up fights) >> Nazgrim

However, at different item levels, the Sha trinket is still remarkably good even when its a lower item level. The stat amp is almost always going to make it BiS, even at really low item levels. The amp frees up some spirit to be reforged out on other gear, lets you hit a haste BP much easier, and buffs your other stats as well.

I completely disagree that the Sha trinket is "overrated", it should be taken in almost every set up. Like I said above, it frees up spirit/haste to be reforged out for other stuff, buffs our already high mastery, etc. This amp part of the trinket is almost always going to be superior to any of the other procs from trinkets this tier, or their passive stats.

Additionally, while I agree that int procs aren't as good for healers as they are for DPS, it is still helpful. Even if you just ignore it and heal normally, its going to increase throughput. However, timing it with our other CDs like Tranquility, SotF WG, etc. is big.
    Last edited by Lavathing; 2013-12-25 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    Generally speaking, at equal item levels:

Sha >> ...
    I don't think you can really make any universal statements about the value of the Sha trinket. How good it is depends on both the item level of the trinket and your other gear, and the scaling is rather odd as the trinket scales exponentially with item levels. The LFR version when in LFR gear is pretty lousy. The heroic version in heroic gear is disproportionately good. The Thok and Nazgrim trinkets also have slightly odd scaling as their proc chance depends on the item level, while the Blackfuse trinket is essentially unaffected by the rest of your gear.

To really know the value of the Sha trinket, check how much secondary stats it actually gives you (just unequip/reequip it and compare). Compare that to the amount of stats you get from whatever other trinket options you have. Keep in mind that the Sha trinket gives a critical healing multiplier and an intellect proc on top of the stat bonuses, though the proc is largely useless on most fights due to the low (<20%) uptime.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I don't think you can really make any universal statements about the value of the Sha trinket.
    Which is why I clarified saying "generally speaking." Obviously testing the stat gains for each individual toon and their gear is the correct path to take, but if I had to give one blanket answer to someone about the trinkets this tier, I'd "generally" say that Sha is one of the preferred ones.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!