Power Packet disrupt internet on dekstop PC

Okay, I live with my dad to save money while studying at uni.. anyway, thats besides the point.

Recently he bought some new 2 part power line bridge, connect one near the router and the other where you need the wifi.. However this is giving me oceans of problems.. and I am going mad, so close to just taking his shitty bridge and throwing it the hell away..
    He insist on using it because he does not have problems..

I am using a desktop PC for gaming with problems when the powerline bridge is on. I also have a laptop which does not seem to get the same problems, however as I do not game on it, I do not really know if it actually do experience the same problems..

I should mention, the powerline bridge is using Power Packet.
    I also connect to the original router and not this shit bridge which is located in the other end of the house.

My Problem: (EDIT: I am in no way connected via the bridge, but directly to the router provided by our ISP, the problem is the same whether I connect via wifi or cable)
    When ever the bridge is on and I start up my desktop, it will connect to the wifi and instantly say it has internet connection.. however I will not be able to log onto any program using internet or load any websites for the first 3-5min..

When ever the bridge is on, I will DC from any game I am playing that uses internet connection, at least once every hour, sometimes twice or more.

I can not play WoW when I DC ~ twice an hour, as I can not promise I will stay online for a whole fight.. Currently I am working around it by turning the bridge off while I have raids 3 times a week, but every morning and everytime he come home from work, it's on again.. and I have to live with DC'ing hourly all day, as well as just sitting there watching my computer for 5 min, while not being able to do anything..

This post became longer than I intended. But my question is, do anyone know what on fucking earth could be causing my desktop to DC hourly and not being able to use the internet the first 5min of start up, even tho I am connected to the wifi and windows "believe" I have a connection

TLR:
    Dad bought powerline bridge, causes desktop PC (which is connected to the router provided by the ISP) to DC hourly, while laptop doesn't.. what could the problem be?
    Last edited by Quibble; 2013-12-24 at 02:02 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Okay, I live with my dad to save money while studying at uni.. anyway, thats besides the point.

TLR:
    Dad bought powerline bridge, causes desktop PC to DC hourly, while laptop doesn't.. what could the problem be?
    Buy a WiFi router, skip the powerline bridge. There is a reason this technology never really took off.. it's a great idea.. in THEORY, but as you see it's very erratic. You are disconnected because the network is travelling over the same lines as electricity which is not shielded behind the wall, its insulated.. but not shielded. There is no standard for how electrical cables are run in houses, so I am not surprised you get interruptions.

Skip it, figure out where your internet is coming in the house, get a good AC WiFi router, and install a USB WiFi adapter in your computer (if you need one). We need you back in the game! Disconnecting mid fight sucks!

Deleted
    Why are you using a powerline bridge if you are also connecting with wifi from the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    Skip it, figure out where your internet is coming in the house, get a good AC WiFi router, and install a USB WiFi adapter in your computer (if you need one). We need you back in the game! Disconnecting mid fight sucks!
    I am not the one using the bridge.. I am using the router we got from the ISP.. which is in the room next to mine.. however we do not get a connection to this router in the other end of the house, so my dad bought the powerline bridge to have in the other end of the house..

I am in no way connected to this bridge, it's set up with a different SSID, because we at first thought it was my computer trying to connect to the one in the far end of the house.

The problem is the same whether I connect via wifi or cable.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon