Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lowbie dungeon drama queens/control freaks.

You need to understand that you look like an idiot threatening to not heal/not 'save' the fully heirloomed mage/hunter who is CCing, kiting and soloing entire packs while staying at 100%. I'm sure they'll think long and hard about it. What have you got against extra xp anway?

The guy that threatens not to heal is about as irritating as the person doing the kiting or even worse, posting such a useless topic. If you want to show off your mad skillz go solo the dungeon, if you group up then show some common decency and let people fulfil their roles even if it costs you an extra 3 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice if people in low level dungeons showed a little respect to each other. Not letting the tank do his job, not healing some guy you don't like, give it a rest people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    You need to understand that you look like an idiot threatening to not heal/not 'save' the fully heirloomed mage/hunter who is CCing, kiting and soloing entire packs while staying at 100%. I'm sure they'll think long and hard about it. What have you got against extra xp anway?
    Who looks like an idiot here?

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    DKs/hunters/mages/locks and anyone else who has decent self heals/good at kiting with full heirlooms could probably solo mobs in pre cata dungeons. Don't bitch about, just go with it. They're basically giving you a faster run, you should thank them.
    Then they should go and solo them. Alone. I don't queue up for group content just to give someone a free teleport to the dungeon they want to solo while ignoring the four people they got grouped with.

people are bitching about being carried in some trivial content that you would never step foot in again and just want it to be over with? *gosh*

I run ahead of tanks and solo packs all the time, because I'm loomed out the ass, and I'm not retarded. I don't need heals or tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaedria View Post
    Then they should go and solo them. Alone. I don't queue up for group content just to give someone a free teleport to the dungeon they want to solo while ignoring the four people they got grouped with.
    well but the free teleport while questing is exactly what people who do this (like me in the past) need.

dont whine about it. accept it, and be happy someone is carrying you without charging a fee (which id usually do).

as long as it doesnt wipe the group or endanger it in any kind, i dont get the problem with it.
    heck, even when i signed up as damagedealer, while being in tankspec (dk for best example) i can of course solo the instance. so i run around and just do it.
    if you wanna kick me, fine, try to. most people wont do it. if you wanna go afk because you feel useless, feel free to do so. i dont see any problem with someone else carrying me so i dont get why some people get upset about it.

edit: also, what the guy below me said. if you just run through the instance soloing it anyway, at least tell ye group. they will flame you if they dont like it, which still allows you to ignore or kick them anyways, or they will just let you do their job and everyone is happy^^
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2013-12-24 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you behave like that, you do so because you know you can.
    When they see you behave like that, they may think you're a clueless player.

Just warn them that you're going to burn through it beforehand, and then they won't complain about free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyrww View Post
    Who looks like an idiot here?
    The idiots posting in a thread they call "spam" would be my vote. I don't like a thread so it MUST be wrong!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I absolutely hate the people who sit down and refuse to tank or heal because someone pulled a pack, even if it was the first time it happened. I was leveling my elemental shaman recently, full loomed and enchanted and I could pretty much solo the dungeons for exp (which I do every time I level an alt) but I felt like doing a random dungeon, it ended up being The Slave Pens. Now, before I continue with the story, I just wanna say that I NEVER pull packs unless I'm a tank, even if I can solo them, I just sit back and do my job which is spam chain lightning and top the meters cus totally working as intended. But anyways, back to the story, we reached the first boss and about half way through the fight I overaggro'd the tank and didn't bother moving to tank but I kept kiting the boss and dpsing, it died pretty quickly but here's where it gets funny. The tank called me a lot of horrible things because I didn't move the boss to him and let him get aggro back, I apologized even though it was not my fault yet he continued talking shit and the healer started defending him (they were from same realm and guild so no surprise there), and they both refused to heal/tank until I leave the party because they couldn't kick just yet. I didn't wanna get the deserter buff so I told them that they're wasting everyone's time and lets just quickly finish it and forget the unnecessary argument from earlier. The other dps left and the hunter stood by the tank and healer then the tank told me to go and solo the dungeon while they sit back if I can to which I was like "Okay sure" and carried on without them, when I reached the last boss they finally came to me and then kicked me just before the boss was pulled. Lucky for me, I never met people like that ever again nor do I want to.

It's usually the dps that decided to reroll to a tank or healer that doesn't enjoy seeing their new found power slip away. I've seen incredibly toxic situations in low level dungeons, almost always caused by healers and tanks with big egos, or premades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I run ahead of tanks and solo packs all the time, because I'm loomed out the ass, and I'm not retarded. I don't need heals or tanks.
    this. and as tank I take any group pulled/attacked by a dd as "finished" and go on to the next. I'll save much time.

Deleted
    I never threaten them, I don't say anything at all. But I won't heal them, if they think they're able to do it solo, good for them, I'll let them practise.

Deleted
    I can solo packs, or instances with my heirloomed characters. I just choose to play with respect for my other team members. If you tried communicating your intentions to the group before running off and acting like the other people don't exist you might get a better response.

Only reason for dps to pull is that a lot of tanks in low dungeons are just bad/slow.

A lot of tanks wait until the last mob of a pack dies before they move on... and then they are surprised that the dps pulls before them... .

While there are still many noobies coming up the fact is that in a leveling dungeon if you're complaining about anything really you sound like a baby.

Here's how a leveling dungeon should go:
    1) Cue for LFD
    2) Get in a dungeon
    3) SAY HELLO!
    4) Kill everything, if you overaggro tough. Taunt has a 40-yard range on it and every single tank has some form of ranged aggro getter to follow it up with.
    5) Say GG and leave group at the end.

Be nice, say hello, if you're having fun consider throwing out a friend-vite. Get through it fast so you can cue up the next or do your turn ins.

looking at this thread and a lot of the people in it, its hard to wonder how so many people wonder how the community went bad.

because the reason is right here.

Deleted
    On one hand, I agree with the OP in that it's sorta nice to have a dungeon run to go really fast, whether that be the tank doing all the pulling or the dps helping/soloing, whatever.

On the other, however, it seems very rude to me to come into a dungeon with 4 other people you don't know, then try to run the thing yourself, all because you have lolheirlooms that let you solo this 'trivial' content. I partially blame Blizzard for making the lowbie content so incredibly easy, but also for adding the heirlooms with stats that are, in most cases, more powerful than anything else at level. I believe they could have given the exp. bonus another way, perhaps a buff item of sorts, rather than make heirlooms available. That's just my opinion though.

In any case, there's really no point to stop healing the crazy dps, since they likely will never lose health anyways, and any complaint will just result in them being even more of a jerk than they might have been before. I mostly play heals myself and just deal with whatever comes, unless the tank objects, and then I will politely ask people to please stop pulling/follow the tank's lead, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    I can solo packs, or instances with my heirloomed characters. I just choose to play with respect for my other team members. If you tried communicating your intentions to the group before running off and acting like the other people don't exist you might get a better response.
    Mhm, I think this is a good way to do it if you plan to solo the dungeon. Just let people know, and probably people won't be too angry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veltherian View Post
    looking at this thread and a lot of the people in it, its hard to wonder how so many people wonder how the community went bad.

because the reason is right here.
    Name it then. Looking at your post, you're contributing nothing, yet you complain about shit community.