Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Im fairly certain eclipse being 100% will turn out to be a shit talent outside of pvp. Pvp it will probably be baseline. I tried that similarish talent and my dps dropped like a stone. A good boomkin will work around eclipses and a bad boomkin will probably suffer as well with the 100% uptime. Solarfall or sunfall will be at the top. Assuming it doesnt get removed for being too op.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about?

How is being in a state where you just do unavoidable damage a "challenge" to the spec? What does doing bad damage have to do with "balance"? We balance night and day, not bad damage and good damage.
    Because instead of having a window where it is good to put up DoTs (Eclipse) and a window where it is bad you can do it any time. With Proc snapshotting and Haste breakpoints being removed 100% Eclipse talent will basically turn balance into "Keep up DoTs and press buttons to make bar go side to side, congrats you are playing the spec optimally".

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    "Keep up DoTs and press buttons to make bar go side to side, congrats you are playing the spec optimally".
    Yes pls. I hope blizzards reads this =)

On a serious note: give us at lvl 100 talents what warlocks have at 90 atm
    Talent 1: <insert random druid themed name> : 2 charges of CA
    Talent 2: <insert random druid themed name> : able to cast while moving starfire/wrath (only one of them based on what eclise you are in/you just exit)
    Talent 3: <insert random druid themed name> : increases the dmg of your hurricane, starfall, mushrooms by 100% for 15/20 sec. 1.5 mins cd.

#problemsolved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzylamkin View Post
    Yes pls. I hope blizzards reads this =)

On a serious note: give us at lvl 100 talents what warlocks have at 90 atm
    Talent 1: <insert random druid themed name> : 2 charges of CA
    Talent 2: <insert random druid themed name> : able to cast while moving starfire/wrath (only one of them based on what eclise you are in/you just exit)
    Talent 3: <insert random druid themed name> : increases the dmg of your hurricane, starfall, mushrooms by 100% for 15/20 sec. 1.5 mins cd.

#problemsolved
    roll a lock if you want their talents? problem solved?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Because instead of having a window where it is good to put up DoTs (Eclipse) and a window where it is bad you can do it any time. With Proc snapshotting and Haste breakpoints being removed 100% Eclipse talent will basically turn balance into "Keep up DoTs and press buttons to make bar go side to side, congrats you are playing the spec optimally".
    And that would be bad? Because other classes have similar easy jobs doing dps and it's way more important to have your eyes on the environment and the boss and not on your castbars or proc-watch addons. I think the meta dps game (checking several cooldowns and features all the time for good dps) has been overdone in the past already. Doing DPS shouldn't be complicated. Make the bosses complicated and challenging without worring about dps rotations so much.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i already did that, ty for advice though
    Last edited by muzzylamkin; 2013-12-27 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    with the changes of new talents. and lets say our gameplay doesn't change but remains the same, as we don't know yet. my opinions of how they would work and what purpose [Blizzard actually never stated that our current talents 1-90 might stay/change either]

always eclipse: I believe if boomkins doesn't change, we will more likely love to have "More" mastery aswell then what we already do, ofc, getting SS procs are win, but mastery does increases your dmg by a lot aswell, it's not for fun that you want to only use 1 Starsurge in Solar eclipse, as you would waste your solar energy on your rotation and do less dmg with wrath. this is definetly something that could work in PvE

starfall/sunfall In current circumstances, we already get 3-4 starfalls in row to start with, yet we don't know if starfall/sunfall can stack. I believe this talent is quite useless at the start of the encounter if you perform like a lunar opener, but who knows our opener could change a lot. I need to see more dmg on it, as eclipse all the time might still do more dps.

400% crit triggering. this sounds great to get some SS procs, but remember, If you get SS procs again and again without managing to fire them all because of 1 sec GCD it is a dps loss, I can see the increased dmg done, but i can also see the huge amount of potentiel dps getting wasted, so i more feel like this is a PVP talent. So you could burst your enemy.

Remember those are my opinions. i can be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    I would, but my guild already has 4 of those

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting to see something like this:

You begin an eclipse the SECOND you exit the other.
    You exit solar and are immediately lunar eclipsed.
    However:
    You progressively do more damage with the eclipse that you're currently in.
    You gain 20 eclipse every Wrath and 40 eclipse every Starfire.
    Every 10 eclipse you gain, that ability does 20% more damage.
    Once you hit 100 Lunar eclipse you gain access to Starfall, doing greatly buffed damage and reducing your eclipse to 0, and switching to Solar eclipse.
    Same thing here, every 10 eclipse, you do 20% more damage. At 100 Solar eclipse you gain access to Solarfall, doing massive damage and resetting you to 0 Lunar.

I'd like for Sunfire and Moonfire to be back to just ONE of them, and that depends on your current eclipse state.
    In eclipse you get either sunfire or moonfire and it does high damage, proccing more rapidly as your eclipse energy increases.
    This also means that as you get more and more energy, your faster dot ticks will yield more Starsurge procs.

Starsurge / Solarsurge: Does high damage and applies Solarburn or Starburn, a 12 second dot that does damage equal to 100% of what the initial hit did. No longer generates lunar or solar energy.

To prevent you from sitting in one eclipse to do the max damage at 100%, you'll receive Eclipse Overload after 3 casts at max energy, draining all eclipse energy and starting from scratch, removing the ability to use your Starfall or Solarfall abilities.
    On top of that, your energy will continuously drain by 5 per second after 10 seconds of no Starfire/Wrath casts.

an idea for boomkin not being in eclipse could be something like: when you re not in eclipse you take 20% less dmg.