Want to resub, need some ingame insight

Hey there, I've played swtor from when it launched and 3 months more, this is MMO I got hyped about the most, and let me tell you it justified my hype up until I got to lvl 50, there was no endgame. There are some rly good thing I liked about this game, but a lot that I didnt. For example this MMO has THE BEST single player/character developing aspect than any other MMO, class quests especially, voice acting was amazing too, but I got bored of it after lvl 40 or so(dont get me wrong it still was awesome having that option and all, but after a certain period of time you realize that you come to same conclusion), class quests were the one thing that kept me going to max lvl, and let me tell you invested money into this paid off, I didnt regret any of it. The thing is endgame had little to offer and shortly after that stopped playing. The thing that bothered me was that for example, I could cast my crushing darkness dot on my sith sorcerer and that melee classes couldnt avoid it by losing by going behind me or something like that, it felt simplified.
    I'm a PVP-er, therefore looking for pvp endgame mostly, so my question is what of it swtor has to offer now and have anything changed since the game launch? Ive heard they've added 4v4 arenas which is great and I would like to know how do they work, do you have your own personal rating, do you get any rewards exclusive only for arena players, is playing arena rewarding for players who play it, is there an ingame ranking system, do you have to have a certain rating to unlock some special arena gear etc. Share me all of your arena thoughts because Im a huge fan of this pvp aspect of the game, and most importantly is arena competitive...
    How are other aspects of the game looking mainly pvp?
    What does PvE aspect of the game offers, with a new xpac and lvl cap raised to 55, do class quest story continues(it would be awesome!)?
    What else does generally endgame offers?
    Tell me about Sith Sorcerer (he was my main and i wish to continue playing it), how is he in 1v1 situations and in arenas?
    Is pvp generally a little bit more balanced than at game launch?
    I've heard there is some "Legacy" system, I have no clue what it is, so a little insight would be nice?
    Don't bother explaining me f2p restrictions because I'm certainly not gonna play with them, I will subb 100% if I were to come back in swtor again.

Sorry for a huge post guys, but it would have rly helped if you answered some of this questions, it would mean a lot to me and ppl like me who wish to revisit swtor epic exp TNX IN ADVANCE!!!

I recently re-subbed too. I can't answer all your questions because I decided to roll new toons to see the class stories I haven't seen yet, but here's what I can tell you:

Basics--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) They added LFG with a daily.
    2) Leveling is much much faster now - I pretty much do a Daily Warzone, Daily LFG, Daily Star Fighter and Class quests, and I don't really fall behind on levels.

3) You can also buy Exp boost that give you 25% more exp gained for 1hr off the AH or from cartel coins. Subscribers automatically get cartel coins each month.

4) They added Star Fighter PvP... I have mixed feeling about it.

5) What is legacy? Remember at the end of Act 1 you had to choose a Last Name for your toon? Well now all your toons on that server (both factions) are under that legacy. Everything on all those toons builds legacy exp and with legacy levels you can buy perks like shorter cd on quick travel, higher chance to crit on crafting, more affection per gift, higher exp on warzones. All unlocks must be paid for by credits. Some unlocks are for everyone on the legacy and some are for that toon only.

6) They merged several servers. There is now only 1 West Coast PvE/ 1 West Coast PvP / 1 West Coast RP and I think 2 East Coast servers of each. They use the Guild Wars tech to prevent overcrowded areas. If there's 500 people on the fleet, they're split up into Fleet 1, Fleet 2, Fleet 3, Fleet 4. When you group up with someone, if they're not on the same number as you, everyone is given the option to go to the Fleet # of the party leader (and no, they don't have to queue to go to that Fleet #, they simply have to reload the fleet). So ya, there is no "Empty Server."

7) There are definitely new raids out. I haven't done them, but I know a lot of people still run the level 50 raids cause there's always a weekly quest for the older 50 raids with end game rewards.

8) You can mail items between your Imperial and Republic toons now, and both sides share a combined AH.

PVP-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) They released a few new warzones, some are Arena style and some are more capture the flag/king of the hill types.

2) From my understanding - they redid the old valor system. It used to be you had to reach rank 60 to get the top tier gear. Now I believe the only one that matters is hitting rank 40 so you can convert normal warzone commendations to ranked commendations. Beyond that Valor gives a new title every 10 levels.

3) There is ranked arena and a ladder:http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards
    It is 4v4 WoW style with a few various maps. You can only queue for ranked arenas at 55. I do not know if you can solo queue for ranked arenas. My guess is you have to queue with a team of 4.

4) I haven't done end game arenas so I don't really know if it's well balanced... since every game always has people QQ'ing about balance. What I hear is Operative/Scoundrel healing is top tier, but Sorc/Sage DPS is pretty strong too.
    5) Every class gets 1 new spell, Sorc get a channeled invincibility - Ice Block.
    6) There are multiple tiers of PvP gear similar to the Conquest and BG points of WoW. As far as I know, there are no rating requirements to equip or buy any of the gear (but you should double check this)
    Last edited by Windry; 2013-12-26 at 07:31 AM.

Endgame is still missing/severely lacking unless you want to raid with a guild, and even that's underdeveloped.

PVP balance gets worse and worse every patch, arenas are poorly implemented unless you're in a dedicated group & class comps are poorly balanced. If you aren't an assassin, op healer, PT hybrid or guarding tank, you're dead weight, and the matchmaking is borked with win-traders.

Legacy system is an extension of the achievements/codex and you pay credits or cartel coins to unlock exp boosts or perks on your main or alts. There's a cosmetics account Collection that lets you share vanity armor or mounts between characters too, but you have to pay CC(no alternative) to unlock each individual mount or item which is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started at launch and then quit before reaching lvl 43 Pub-side. I resubbed around Thanksgiving and I am having a blast. The server I play on (The Ebon Hawk) is lively and each zone has plenty of people looking for groups and eager to help and answer questions. Help a Sith out and use my Friends of SWTOR code!

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Help a Sith out and use my Friends of SWTOR code!
    Guess this falls under the category "never click on cryptic links": I just wanted to check out what this Friends of SWTOR is, and whoops, now I'm subscribed for 7 days (I was a former subscriber and still logged in on swtor.com). Hope, this doesn't cause you any inconvience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyr View Post
    Hope, this doesn't cause you any inconvience?
    Nope. I actually earned a mount from that. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Nope. I actually earned a mount from that. THANKS!
    Well, congrats. Now I have to decide whether to buy RotHC for 8 EUR or subscribe after those 7 days (access to the expansion was not included). Anyway, thanks
    Last edited by nyyr; 2013-12-28 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by nyyr View Post
    Well, congrats. Now I have to decide whether to buy RotHC for 8 EUR or subscribe after those 7 days (access to the expansion was not included). Anyway, thanks
    Sub for 1 month and you get the expansion free as far as I know (even after your sub runs out)