10+ Year Old Account

When can I switch to fire?

Title. I'm currently 505 as frost but I've always preferred the fire play style. If i switch to fire right now, even with reforges/re-gem I lose about 15k dps by switching.

So, when is it good to switch? I'm not looking for a point when fire out perform frost, I just wanna switch without hurting my performance.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you get 4P T16 and around 40%+ self buffed crit it will most likely underperform barring any good RNG.

Deleted
    i agree with LocNess here.
    I did it around 510 ilvl, as i was frost i lost alot of dps but as i got to learn fire, my dps slowly increased so i wasn't really bothered.
    If you want to switch to fire, do it whenever feels comfortable to you, theres never a 'right' time to switch specs because its personal preference on what spec you like.

but yeah if you want good dps do what LocNess said, but if you're doing it because you just enjoy playing fire, go crazy and do what you like

Deleted
    I say Fire spec > 15K and you'll probably make that 15k when you get in the swing of it.

Deleted
    I'd say you need like 40%+ crit to be equal to frost.

Deleted
    There is no magic number. If you have strong gear for frost at 560 item level it might very well be a lot stronger. If you have the 4 piece, about 15-16k crit and a bunch of haste then you "can" switch to fire. Nobody can promise that it will actually be stronger though.