Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Gastropods are fun because so many manage to fail at moving away and then blame it on lag or something. I remember the first trash mob groups in BoT being annoying due to people repeatedly wiping on them during trash farm runs.

That one section in BWL where the whole raid is slowed.....

Shattered Halls

Any group with a battle mage in stratholme

Worst trash: Ultraxion, hands down.
    "Best" trash: Flame Leviathon.

General Vezak trash was absolutely the most awful trash of any post Vanilla instance, at least until they nerfed it after a few weeks.

Favorite = probably most Ulduar thrash, have some fond memories of them

Least favorite = Ultraxion thrash...... especially as tank -.-

Favorite: The little bomb robots patrolling around that one boss in Ulduar. Okay you all go AFK I'll be up here misdirecting mwhahah

Least Favorite: Anything I was asked to trap. Someone would ALWAYS hit my target and break the trap and 24 other people start yelling about the huntard in the raid. Got highly annoying until I started misdirecting the mobs to the usual offenders and let them die then distracting shot the mob into a trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    When it was new. Both the Core and Blackwing Lair trash was comparatively the hardest the game has ever had.

Deleted
    Favourite - I really liked the Al'ar trash as at the time entering 'The Eye' felt very epic. It had great music too.
    Least favourite - The volcanos that are summoned on the Baleroc trash in Firelands. who then spawn the little shit bags that knock you back, can't stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    When it was new. Both the Core and Blackwing Lair trash was comparatively the hardest the game has ever had.
    Hardest, but at the time, also incredibly fun. Except maybe the lava packs after Garr/Geddon. So much pain. :/

Trash leading to Kael'Thas was pretty infamous.

Hyjal trash is the worst in the game, it did not take long to hate those waves when your progressing and wiping, awful awful awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Favorite boss encounters/mechanics are something which we constantly discuss here. Trash groups , hate them or love them , have been a major part of WoW raids since the beginning. So which one is your favorite and most hated trash pull in the game?
    The trash before the robot tank boss in ulduar. I forgot his name but every pull our tank would get blown up and die and we would wipe when progressing through that place. We got used to only killing half the pack before dieing and having to run back to finish them

Nothing really stands out as a favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Hardest, but at the time, also incredibly fun. Except maybe the lava packs after Garr/Geddon. So much pain. :/
    Not sure I would have use fun to describe it. Fun was Karazan and the crazy games and ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not sure I would have use fun to describe it. Fun was Karazan and the crazy games and ghosts.
    It was, though - not because it was particularily well designed, but because it felt epic by virtue of its relative difficulty and because it was the first taste of raiding for many of us (who hadn't done it in a previous MMO).

Deleted
    the trash in toc by far!

10+ Year Old Account
    The room before Sindragosa's lair. Ugh. Worst room design for trash ever created ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    The room before Sindragosa's lair. Ugh. Worst room design for trash ever created ever.
    Not for a feral druid! <3 berserk / Swipe <3 mmm

Deleted
    hmm cant really "love" any trash. the best trash is those that dies fast and has a high drop chance for useful loot.
    slash care for tactical thingies to beat it. its in the way of precious loot^^

but for entertaining trash, the snails in ToT are definitely good. and back in molten core, those stone charger mobs, and of course the bugs in aq40 that throw you through half a room when they charge you. oh and i liked the thrash packs before the second boss in aq20.

for most annoying trash:
    - mt hyjal trash
    - thrash before animus in ToT
    - anubisath in aq20 and aq40, also, those thrash packs right before c'thun, with their cc
    - in firelands, those hounds .. killed my dk countless times

Deleted
    Hated: Anubisath Idols hour long AQ40/C'Thun Trash.
    Hyjal.
    Ultraxion.
    Broodlord BWL.

Liked:
    Trash in Underhold as Alliance.
    errr...Snails in ToT!
    Adds before Sha of Pride and killing your friends with the debuff.

Probably anything in Firelands.

That whole raid was trash, to be honest. It was quite literally set up like a giant smoldering abyss of trash.

Every night I stepped foot into it, I couldn't wait for the raid to be over.

I absolutely loved the Ulduar trash, before you fight Leviathan mk 1.