Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrisons and New models.

Am I the only one who is upset that every update I see about WoD is related to Garrisons or new character models?

I have played all of Warcrafts from the very beginning, read all the books, played WoW since pre-release beta.... so im a WoW Junkie I guess.

I couldn't give two shits less about Garrisons or new character models.

I want to see updates on stuff that actually matters. Like class balances, new talents and spells, fixes to PVP and PVP gear. Updates on balancing world pvp especially since they are releasing a world PVP zone. Making 5 mans relevant again and challenging. Just all the stuff that really matters. I just don't care if my Orc has fingers or toes or cheek bones and I don't want to log in and build a wall in my garrison or some stupid crap.

More updates on garrisons means more time being spent on something that wont matter a month after the expac is released imo. Makes me cry.
    Last edited by Goat7; 2013-12-27 at 06:02 PM.

That shit is happening too. Believe it or not, but the art team is not the team that works on class balance, which is also actually a different team from the PvP team, which is also a different team that balances the PvP gear.

Believe it or not, WoW is not actually produced by 300+ developers all working on exactly one thing at a time.

The reason you don't see as many updates about class balance and things is because the beta isn't out yet, and anything released now would be so horrendously subject to change that people will just pick it to death and bitch about it on forums no matter what it looks like.

Not that they don't do that anyways.

EDIT: Also, if you've played Warcraft from the very beginning, why aren't you more excited about Garrisons? I would think that evokes the concept of actually building a base, just like in old RTS Warcraft.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-12-26 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No you are not alone not impressed at all with either of these "features". If I wanted to make a town I would play Sim City, and honestly I don't care what the characters look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I do, like many others.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

If it makes you cry, then perhaps you're taking it to the extreme...?

If you believe that Garrisons and new models are the only news we'll be getting as we draw closer to beta and later on release, then you should perhaps grow some patience.

I'm a bigger wow junkie than most, and I don't feel upset at all. I rarely do since even when there are features I do not care about, and there's been plenty of those in all my years of playing, I tend to focus on the features I DO like. No use being upset, crying or even angry about the rest.

Also, YOU not caring doesn't equal no one caring. The reason they give a lot of news on char models and garrisons MIGHT be that a lot of people are interested in those (and no, that doesn't mean that is ALL we care about) and want to see as much as possible of it. You don't care about either? Then sit and wait for other news...simple as that, because they won't exactly scrap these features for your sake.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-12-26 at 09:53 PM.

I have played all of Warcrafts from the very beginning, read all the books, played WoW since pre-release beta.... so im a WoW Junkie I guess.
    You might want to start paying more attention then, because I'm pretty sure that, throughout the history of WoW, information about class balance, new talents, and actual specific stuff never comes out until the xpac beta is on the ptr.

WHICH HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.

Also, lots of people do care about Garrisons and new models.

Deleted
    they are talking very much about the upcoming gearchanges. i would say thats the most important change for now.
    the new talents... well, without a betapool tot test them it makes not too much sense to talk about specific talents/new spells.
    that will come whe nthe beta goes live.
    also, they are talking about removing some of the cc, but, like they said, just telling what changes about one class/spell would make all those butthurt. and they dont want to talk about all the changes yet cause of internal testing.

its all about making sure it makes it even into the beta.

why discuss something that might get changed or even removed before one player can test that on beta?

I'm not sure you're using the word "update" correctly... other than a handful of tweets about stats there have been no real updates on anything since Blizzcon.

Never was one for maximizing my potential or some shit like that, so balancing and skill and all that jazz is secondary information from my pov. What I want to hear about: New models, garrisons and lore. And they're delivering just that.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

its still early for things like class balance. new talents have been shown just not talked about. its still too early for all the stuff you asking for. a month or 2. also different teams for different things. just wait
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I agree to a point. There just is extremely little they're actually talking about for this expansion, so that leads me to believe that what we've heard is pretty much it. All in all, if that's the case, I'm very disappointed and won't even think of picking it up.

Garrisons an the updated models seem to be their only selling point. People either love or hate the whole WoD time travel, "here's another Orc" expansion idea, so they can't focus on that. The leveling experience is expected, so there's not much excitement there. They've also stated we're going to have a whopping 6 new and one rehashed dungeon at launch, 3 of which are for leveling up in. Since next to no one is excited for that skimpy amount of content, they can't focus there either. They haven't even mentioned scenarios, which even if they are in the game, have next to no repeatability nor longevity.

Those things you wish for as well OP won't be happening until the beta. Since we still have no beta even on the horizon, the balance is a long way off.

I seriously hope they don't wait too much longer though, they're already sinking incredibly fast. This expansion started off at 10 million, we're currently at 7.6 million. That 2.4 million customer loss, or 24% of their paying customers gone, was also in the scope of only a year. From MoP launch, on September of 2012, until the Q3 call, or September of 2013, we saw those losses. Who knows how much the numbers have dropped since then or how low they'll drop as we wait for WoD to even come. The sooner they get the beta started, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm not sure you're using the word "update" correctly... other than a handful of tweets about stats there have been no real updates on anything since Blizzcon.
    Apart from a 30 minute video and 6 articles on the WoW website, and the hundreds of tweets that have practically made up the core of every MMOC news post for the past month?

Also apart from that, news is always slow this time of year, so it's expected really, the dev's have ALWAYS been quiet, twitter has revolutionized that.

I expect a ton of info mid January.

Am I the only one who is upset that every update I see about WoD is related to Garrisons or new character models?

I want to see updates on stuff that actually matters. Like class balances, new talents and spells, fixes to PVP and PVP gear. Updates on balancing world pvp especially since they are releasing a world PVP zone. Making 5 mans relevant again and challenging. Just all the stuff that really matters. I just don't care about if my Orc has fingers or toes or cheek bones and I don't want to log in and build a wall in my garrison or some stupid crap.

More updates on garrisons means more time being spent on something that wont matter a month after the expac is released imo. Makes me cry.
    I assume you're just exaggerating in terms of actually getting "upset" and it all "making you want to cry". Once we get an actual release date, more info will start pouring in, like talents, spells and class balances, just to name a few. But that is months away, so try and relax. It'll all come eventually. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    a feature that goes one step closer to merging wow with warcraft 3 and you don't want to hear about it? always wanted to build buildings in wow

Garrisons, new models and other big new features require a lot of development. Every preview is important because they can only really make them once, and many players are attached enough to their characters to leave if the update doesn't meet their expectations.

Abilities, class balance or how the WPvP island will work are the kind of things that will change A LOT during the beta. Nothing you could see about those now would be relevant in a month, let alone the release day.

We are excited/worried about what can't be changed later on. Many of us don't want the female worgen thing to happen again (the lack of feedback during early stages made it become the worst playable model the game has). Number tweaks, quests and dungeons are much easier to fix later on.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-12-26 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind having a little bit of warcraft in my world of warcraft

Deleted

I want to see updates on stuff that actually matters... Just all the stuff that really matters. I just don't care about if my Orc has fingers or toes or cheek bones and I don't want to log in and build a wall in my garrison or some stupid crap.
    A few highlights there...

YOU don't want to know about this or that. OTHERS do.
    YOU don't care about this or that. OTHERS do.
    What really matters to YOU is irrelevant to OTHERS.

I don't give a damn about PVP and I will actually be coming back, because of Garrisons. But you don't see me whine when they announce PVP changes, because it has nothing to do with Garrisons. Fortunately for both of us, we do not have to do what we do not like to do in the game. YOU don't have to play with Garrisons and I can stay the heck away from Arenas. So why bother complaining? Garrisons is the hot topic right now. New spells and talents and fixes and changes and bla bla bla, it will all be covered eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That shit is happening too. Believe it or not, but the art team is not the team that works on class balance, which is also actually a different team from the PvP team, which is also a different team that balances the PvP gear.

Believe it or not, WoW is not actually produced by 300+ developers all working on exactly one thing at a time.

The reason you don't see as many updates about class balance and things is because the beta isn't out yet, and anything released now would be so horrendously subject to change that people will just pick it to death and bitch about it on forums no matter what it looks like.

Not that they don't do that anyways.

EDIT: Also, if you've played Warcraft from the very beginning, why aren't you more excited about Garrisons? I would think that evokes the concept of actually building a base, just like in old RTS Warcraft.
    Also, updates saying: "WoW will be more balanced in WOD" are hardly interesting. They only cause more questions about what specifically is more balanced, questions for details they cannot give, because,...well see the bolded part above.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    A few highlights there...

YOU don't want to know about this or that. OTHERS do.
    YOU don't care about this or that. OTHERS do.
    What really matters to YOU is irrelevant to OTHERS.
    -- I, like the original poster, do not care about garrisons and new character models. Actually, I am concerned by this quote "Garrisons will be heavily integrated into the game, making it something that will be hard to skip." (from MMO front page) Seeing as how I have no interest (much like `farm-ville') I had planned to just ignore them on release (exactly like I did with `farm-ville', till the best buff food in game, noodle-carts, kinda required participation in farming), but now it seems like I can't escape them.

-- I do realize that many people are working on this game, and that there are teams working on different aspects of the game.

-- What I want (and what I think the OP was asking for), is more information on the other things that are coming in WoD. I just want parity in the information that is released, not just a few things.

I'm enjoying the dearth of information regarding Warlords. It gives fewer places to grip on to and gripe about. (aha ha ha) I enjoy stuff that isn't spoiled into oblivion before I have access to it. I feel like they've given me some basic information to work with, I'm not the type to make lots of wild assumptions based on that small amount of information, so I'm looking forward to how they put all of the announced pieces together.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig