New to Arcane, some questions about priority/rotation.

Just as a disclaimer, I just hit 90 three days ago and I'm only 519 ilvl, so I know I'd likely pull more sticking with Frost, but I'd like to get used to Arcane by the time I'm able to get more gear for it. Sticking with the 9k break point and Frost armor for now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ACren/advanced

For the sake of simplicity, let's talk strictly single target stuff. So what I'm most curious about is what to do at high stacks with 90%+ mana. I've tried to skim various parts of the Arcane guide but there's just so many pages. What I've been doing is:

Using one AM proc(if I have two, obviously) if I'm below 3 stacks, otherwise holding on my only AM proc until 4 stacks. The 2pc makes my next AB cost a lot less, so after reaching 4 stacks and using an AM proc, I typically let go of another AB since it'll bring me down to roughly 92-95% mana and then I'll cap it off with a Barrage.

When I reach 4 stacks with two AM procs, I use both procs, AB, and then Barrage. Sometimes though, I'm able to refresh Bomb before using barrage which fishes me an AM proc, which then I use, cast AB again since I'm at 98%+ mana, and then Barrage if I don't get another AM.

I don't really know if I'm doing it correctly. I feel like getting more AM at high stacks is good, and getting off another AB/Barrage at high mana is also good, but I'm just not sure :P Any help here would be great. Mainly looking to focus on doing the rotation/mana management/priority correctly and worry about the actual DPS later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Just as a disclaimer, I just hit 90 three days ago and I'm only 519 ilvl, so I know I'd likely pull more sticking with Frost, but I'd like to get used to Arcane by the time I'm able to get more gear for it. Sticking with the 9k break point and Frost armor for now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ACren/advanced

For the sake of simplicity, let's talk strictly single target stuff. So what I'm most curious about is what to do at high stacks with 90%+ mana. I've tried to skim various parts of the Arcane guide but there's just so many pages. What I've been doing is:

Using one AM proc(if I have two, obviously) if I'm below 3 stacks, otherwise holding on my only AM proc until 4 stacks. The 2pc makes my next AB cost a lot less, so after reaching 4 stacks and using an AM proc, I typically let go of another AB since it'll bring me down to roughly 92-95% mana and then I'll cap it off with a Barrage.

When I reach 4 stacks with two AM procs, I use both procs, AB, and then Barrage. Sometimes though, I'm able to refresh Bomb before using barrage which fishes me an AM proc, which then I use, cast AB again since I'm at 98%+ mana, and then Barrage if I don't get anther AM.

I don't really know if I'm doing it correctly. I feel like getting more AM at high stacks is good, and getting off another AB/Barrage at high mana is also good, but I'm just not sure :P Any help here would be great. Mainly looking to focus on doing the rotation/mana management/priority correctly and worry about the actual DPS later.
    please post your question in the Arcane guide, more people will be inclined to answer your question. Everything you will need is in that guide.

Done.

/10characters.

Thread Closed.