Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Was Adolf Hitler always insane? How did he turn out the way he did?

Reading about Hitler, his early life, and his exploits during his revolution and it's attempts that earned the favor of the citizens of Germany, you have to wonder if he was always insane, or something along the lines caused him to fall into madness.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

He wasn't insane, he was a man with a goal and he acted to achieve that goal.

You can be evil without being insane. I doubt an "insane" person could rise to power like he did and run a country.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Hitler was no more insane or falling into madness than Obama.

15+ Year Old Account
    He was never insane, but he did turn kinda paranoid in the final days of the reich
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    he was sane

that is what is scary

Hitler legitimately THOUGHT he was doing the right thing. However, he DID abuse amphetamines, which likely lead to psychosis. I don't know if they ever decided if he did fall into amphetamine-driven psychosis or not, but he definitely was a user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Reading about Hitler, his early life, and his exploits during his revolution and it's attempts that earned the favor of the citizens of Germany, you have to wonder if he was always insane, or something along the lines caused him to fall into madness.
    real life is not WoW. you don't need to go insane to do evil things lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Who says he had to be nuts to do what he did?

Deleted
    Being deadly serious, he was actually a great man. He had a few MAJOR faults, but he achieved an awful lot economically. Ofcourse, having power emphasized the hugely big faults. Starting the war was our fault collectively from united nations and with his faults it achieved the fuck up called WW2. The genocide was all Hitler though.

he wasnt insane he was evil and at the time, the people were easy to manipulate. he literally had an ideal situation for him... and its sad he had that situation to begin with

Well Saladrin? Everyone here disagrees with you. Why don't you comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Being deadly serious, he was actually a great man. He had a few MAJOR faults, but he achieved an awful lot economically. Ofcourse, having power emphasized the hugely big faults. Starting the war was our fault collectively from united nations and with his faults it achieved the fuck up called WW2. The genocide was all Hitler though.
    Essentialy this.

I think the only time someone accomedated Hitler as "insane" or tried to pull such a parallel on me - was when they were really not up to date on the notes. And i mean the kind of lack of understanding of what "insane" or even "evil" actually means.

10+ Year Old Account
    On his own he wasn't technically insane.

He did however suffer from a number of personality flaws and mental defects.

On top of that, he was on a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of drugs.

And probably had Parkinsons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    he was sane

that is what is scary
    the fact that people automatically assume that someone is ill, insane, mad, not right in the head, etc... just because they do something that is morally considered "evil" scares me.

"Think Different" is one of my favorite phrases, and a lot of the time, you can see it with a picture of Hitler. I'm more afraid of the people who want us all to think and act the same, than some guy who is thinking of a more efficient world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Essentialy this.

I think the only time someone accomedated Hitler as "insane" or tried to pull such a parallel on me - was when they were really not up to date on the notes. And i mean the kind of lack of understanding of what "insane" or even "evil" actually means.
    These days if you disagree with anything anyone does or thinks, you or that person is evil. Whichever one the majority disagrees with I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    the fact that people automatically assume that someone is ill, insane, mad, not right in the head, etc... just because they do something that is morally considered "evil" scares me.

"Think Different" is one of my favorite phrases, and a lot of the time, you can see it with a picture of Hitler. I'm more afraid of the people who want us all to think and act the same, than some guy who is thinking of a more efficient world.
    In a sense Hitler did want everyone to think the same way thoght. That's why he eliminated anyone who stood in opposition - imaginary, real or just self-implied on them (see; People who did not fit his picture of a perfect world).

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    He was never insane, but he did turn kinda paranoid in the final days of the reich
    You'd turn paranoid too if there had been that many attempts on your life.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Insane? no Evil? again no

He wasn't insane from all i have read about him paranoid though.

What he did was wrong and horrible and unforgivable but he wasn't evil either he believed what he was doing was right, just as we humans do today and some accuse us of evil hell according to some extremists western society is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Insane? no Evil? again no

He wasn't insane from all i have read about him paranoid though.

What he did was wrong and horrible and unforgivable but he wasn't evil either he believed what he was doing was right, just as we humans do today and some accuse us of evil hell according to some extremists western society is evil.
    killing a shit ton of jews (among others) SOLELY because they are jews (or whatever he didnt like) sounds pretty evil dude.