Deleted

Question [HOLY] How much Mastery is too much Mastery?

I'm in a very casual raiding guild who have 10m and 25m teams progressing through SoO normals (I raid in both). Even though it is casual, I'm always looking for ways to improve get better, and I was wondering if there is a point when it becomes pointless stacking Mastery?

I run with a Mastery build for both 10m and 25m because it just suits my playstyle better (I like staying in blue chakra unless I have to switch) and I am at about 30% Mastery. I had a look on Mr Robot and it said I should reforge out of Mastery (even on the mastery build) so I'm wondering when/if there is a point where crit becomes better. (I'm a bit dubious of Mr Robot sometimes after some rather expensive bad experiences but use it to gauge general trends.

I already have the first haste bp for good measure/those times where I have to break the renews out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Deleted
    I can't answer from a top raider level, as I am only a 4 heroics in (ilvl563), however probably closer to your gear level.

I have played with both Mastery and Crit and found my output is higher by just plain stacking mastery. However for certain fights where over healing is very high, I found crit worked better.

Deleted
    If you don't cast renew then just go ahead with mastery. it adds more HPS then crit. the only issue mastery has is that it doesn't help renew that much and that it ignores HW:sanc completely. It would help alot if you added your armory ,so i could take a look at it.

Deleted
    Sorry, I can't post links yet. But if you look up Sudol (Turalyon - EU), that's me.

The reforging/gemming is a bit confused because of this whole "too much mastery" thing...

Deleted
    The most important thing for you to get is the 2pc. It's a must have this tier.

the rest is fine imo. One suggestion i would like to make is going for mastery gems. it's superior HPS/HPM wise.

Get that 2pc and come back again .

Deleted
    Thanks so much for looking into this! I actually have the nm tier chest but in my bags and have been in two minds whether to gem and equip it for the 2pc or just stay with the Warforged one so that's answered another question I had Will work on the mastery gems too.

Got a raid tonight so we will see how that goes with the changes. Thanks again!

Deleted
    In that case go full on spirit. i was sitting at 18k spirit in the end (disc now), and spec into Surge of Light. Keep track on the procs and use the extra serendipity for insane PoH's. So Spirit>Mastery>Crit>Haste. Go insane on the spirit because Binding heal (glyphed) adds serendipity stacks.