Dinosaur Battlegrounds

I heard about this game a few months ago and have been occasionally following the game. I guess they're releasing a prototype soon and the gave their facebook page some screen shots from the client.

http://denotaf.wix.com/dinosaurbattleground#!media/c60z

Not sure if that is their official website, but that is what I was linked to from their facebook page. Needless to say, it really looks nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dibs on Stegosaurus.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Dibs on Stegosaurus.
    The developers claim you will be able to play over 75 different species.

So is this game exactly as the title says: A battleground, but with players controlling a dinosaur each?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    So is this game exactly as the title says: A battleground, but with players controlling a dinosaur each?
    I'm not sure if it has online mode. It could, but I haven't heard anything about it. But pretty much to answer your question, yes. It's a dinosaur simulation where you need to survive, create packs/herds, ect ect..

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a game I saw on steam I think. It was a humans vs dinosaurs game, like a battleground I guess.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    There was a game I saw on steam I think. It was a humans vs dinosaurs game, like a battleground I guess.
    I think that was Primal Carnage or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I think that was Primal Carnage or something like that.
    And it wasn't that great of a game unless you digged the concept.

If you ever played l4d 1 or 2. It was basically versus mode of that.

One team plays as humans trying to survive, ones plays as dinosaurs. Its meh

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    And it wasn't that great of a game unless you digged the concept.

If you ever played l4d 1 or 2. It was basically versus mode of that.

One team plays as humans trying to survive, ones plays as dinosaurs. Its meh
    These are the features for the full game, according to their finished Kickstarter page

General features planned for the full game (some of these overlap into stretch goals)

The challenge of trying to survive life in a dynamic open world built on the most up to date information available to us, as well as direct consultation with paleontologists and other experts.

The ability to play as several different species of dinosaurs and other animals native to the time and place featured, uncover secret rare species to play.

A huge, dynamic, open world featuring seasons, variable day and night cycles, dynamic weather, natural disasters, several different environments and teeming with life. The land itself a living breathing world that you must first overcome and master before your very survival is secured. An environment where you can interact with almost everything. All plants and living organisms have a purpose, grow reproduce and die, you'll need to learn what you can eat and what you cant, whats worth chasing and what can maim and even kill you., all this and much more as the game evolved, all combining to create the most unique experience in gaming, the only experience of its kind.

Robust AI featuring the most in depth and unique simulation featuring,communication with other dinosaurs through body language expressions of different moods, aggression levels,submissive and dominant controls, postures to display intent, territory control, pack, herd, and rogue behavior, dinosaur behavior straight from he experts, and adaptability to the world around it.

Intuitive and fluid character control combined with unique play style and animations for each playable creature will create an immersive and rewarding game play experience.

Regular updates and expansions of the basic game, potentially including new areas of the Mesozoic, bringing with them unique environments and animals. Help us reach our stretch goals and we have a shot at starting the game with more than one environment and time periods.

Multiplayer: Our ultimate dream is for you, the player to have the chance to enjoy the ultimate dinosaur experience with your friends. Hunt together as a pack or hunt each other as predator and prey. Control areas and breed your own Hierarchy driven NPC family groups, packs and herds and battle for territory, hunting rights. Compete for dominance, kills and for survival.

Where are all the feathers?

Deleted
    Ah, yet another arena game. Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHATS GOING ON HERE.

ahem

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Ah, yet another arena game. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another FPS. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another RPG. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another MMO. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another racing game. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another sports game. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another RTS. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another sandbox game. Sigh.
    Ah, yet another space sim. Sigh.

I reeeaaaaaally don't understand comments like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.