Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kids these days huh?
    Internet happened, now to find information you don't need to do anything, just download someone elses' work and redo it for yourself. Also, video game obsession, sometimes you literally can't stop playing something.

And new teachers are bullshit (at least in Russia), i remember our C++ class teacher was 23 years old freshman from pedagogical uni (his specialty was literature) and all he taught us is cout and cin bullshit. To pass test we had to learn everything by ourselves and some people wasn't interested in it and they haven't learned and they failed hard.

Needless to say that higher education is(was) mandatory in Russia, and government made it pretty much a huge joke by lowering the bar for students to be able to pass. And now we have loaders in supermarkets with higher education, great way to go, Russian education!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-12-28 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaigr View Post
    Boring teachers are the bane of every student.
    Disinterested students don't work wonders for teachers either, in case anyone is wondering.

I can't speak to the high school level, but in the k-5 area I wonder when they're supposed to be learning. The few weeks in between testing, I guess? Jesus balls, so much testing these days. I lost three months of lab time every school year just for testing. That's not including whatever mandated testing they had in the classroom.

Deep breathing time. Woo sah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Consumers aren't supposed to want to study, they're supposed to want new iPhones to tweet about their new fashion items.

Deleted
    How can you even fail in high school? I thought it was about college because 50% or more always drop out from there.. most being freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm curious how his parents know the grades of a freshman class. Are they teachers? Principals? On the school board?
    I'm 100% certain that if that many students are failing that it was on the news

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Kids these days huh?
    Internet happened, now to find information you don't need to do anything, just download someone elses' work and redo it for yourself. Also, video game obsession, sometimes you literally can't stop playing something.

And new teachers are bullshit (at least in Russia), i remember our C++ class teacher was 23 years old freshman from pedagogical uni (his specialty was literature) and all he taught us is cout and cin bullshit. To pass test we had to learn everything by ourselves and some people wasn't interested in it and they haven't learned and they failed hard.

Needless to say that higher education is(was) mandatory in Russia, and government made it pretty much a huge joke by lowering the bar for students to be able to pass. And now we have loaders in supermarkets with higher education, great way to go, Russian education!
    Fursenko said it himself, the task of educational system in our country is to raise consumers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    How can you even fail in high school? I thought it was about college because 50% or more always drop out from there.. most being freshmen.
    Lack of discipline and too many distractions.

The country has no future as well. There's no point going to college if all you can do afterwards is sell shoes for a living.

This is an ongoing trend everywhere as far as I know, I don't think there are many schools that are improving. It's the students themselves but it ultimately comes down to poor parenting (or lack thereof). Suppose it's easy for me to say as I'm not a parent, but lots (not all) of parents with kids in school these days are still children themselves and they don't know how to raise a child. They let their children have smart phones and their own HD TVs at age eight and spoil the shit out of them without even making them work for or appreciate anything they have. If i wanted something growing up I'd have to buy it with my own allowance money which I had to do stuff around the house to help or wait until Xmas/my birthday and hope I got said item then. I also was strongly encouraged and sometimes just thrown outside to make my own fun climbing trees, making fires, etc. Increased divorce rates certainly aren't helping the kids much, either, no matter how good a single parent might be, it's a lot better for the whole family if there are two parents. Plus the school systems these days are filled with just enough pussies to have the kids be treated like pussies and that's really not helping the situation for those kids lacking solid parenting at home.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-12-29 at 01:23 AM.

http://www.ed.gov/blog/2013/01/high-...three-decades/

According to the Department of Education, high school graduation rates are at an all time high. What does this demonstrate?

That 1 data point sucks as a topic starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    no one left behind shit
    That's the moto of the new generation.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    The decline of civilization has begun. People are being turned into cattle.
    If that's true, why do people still taste disgusting?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

75% failing but 75% will still be forced through

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If that's true, why do people still taste disgusting?

bad seasoning

So, basically like late 1800s when there was almost no one who had an education above basic arithmetic and reading?
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-12-29 at 02:20 AM. Reason: was*

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kids nowadays are too pre-occupied with being retards and whores.

Quote Originally Posted by uhohstd View Post
    Blaming it on the teachers accomplishes nothing.
    The teaching staff never changed yet they graduated several successful classes before this new Freshmen class came through.
    I can't really agree with this. I went to public schools from K-6, then for 7th and 8th grade I went to a private school. I did quite well K-8, always A's and B's, maybe a single C every once in a while; never failed any classes. When I got to High School, I went to a public school again, and the teacher quality was just awful compared to my middle school.

All the teachers wanted to do was pass out packets for us to turn in at the end of each week. I had one teacher for a math class who, each day, would assign us like 40 problems and then proceed to do each problem for us on the overhead. When it came time to take the tests I was so lost. I always got A's in math prior to this, but I guess I just don't learn the way she was "teaching". I need to actually DO the work myself, not watch someone else who already fully understands it complete the problems.

I don't know, my experiences might be isolated incidents, but I'm from Michigan too (I'm around the Wyandotte area), and I just remember the teachers being so poor at their job. So many packets...so little teaching.

When you have no passion for what you do and just want your check each week, going into teaching isn't a good idea. Who knows, though, maybe these teachers gave a shit at one point and asshole students killed it for them. Either way, I can say from first hand experience, teachers in public schools generally blow, at least at the high school level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afraid that ship sailed long ago.

That sounds about right given the stupidity and lack of ambition of most children born in America nowadays. Mixed with the parents that check out as soon as the baby pops out of the womb, of course. It's so embarrassing, but hey, someone has to flip the burgers and rotate the car tires.

I thought maybe you meant Freshmen in college which I could believe. But since you mean highschool this has to be a troll post. How god damn stupid do you have to be to fail at highschool? But hey if fast food workers are gonna strike for their $15 an hour they will need scabs and people failing freshman classes are prime candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moo?! Moo!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Yeah which is why poverty is less common, war is less common, and literacy rates have never been higher amirite?

People lack perspective.