Thread: One bad apple

One bad apple

Can ruin a RBG group.
    Over the years, our guild has built a foundation of respect and relentlessness. We never quit, even when it looks like the loss is inevitable.
    This has earned us some wins, even some monumental comebacks. (coming back from 0-2 in WSG with 4 minutes left comes to mind)
    But lateley when we've been one or 2 people short, someone in our group knows someone who is around our rating, the class we need, that wants to come.
    The problem is the attitude. After a lost cap, he's already saying "gg" and "this is why 5s are better" and "just afk" etc.
    Luckily people stepped in to remind him that we can still win.
    Needless to say, I kicked him after that bg, then he would troll our skype call and it got kinda ugly but I stood by my decision, as did the rest of my group.
    This brought me to a realization; Id rather take the equally skilled guy with the less than desireable class but the right attitude, (ex- ret pala) than the guy who thinks hes way better than he actually is, who plays the class we need.

Why didn't you just remove him from the skype call?

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Why didn't you just remove him from the skype call?
    I wasnt hosting the call and tbh, im a nub with skype.

this is the reason why i stopped bg when there is allways 1-3 ppl who say that let other side win so match dont get any longer

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    this is the reason why i stopped bg when there is allways 1-3 ppl who say that let other side win so match dont get any longer
    Sometimes a loss is driven by sheer incompetence from many members of your team.
    Those are the times when it is quite right to suggest speeding up the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sometimes a loss is driven by sheer incompetence from many members of your team.
    Those are the times when it is quite right to suggest speeding up the inevitable.
    Sounds like a pug.
    If it's a group you plan to run with regularly, I think its better to just try to correct the mistakes and reset the match, even if only for practice purposes.

Deleted
    There is a &&^$()7*^(() in every man and that &&^$()7*^(() stirs when you put him in a pvp environment.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Id rather take the equally skilled guy with the less than desireable class but the right attitude, (ex- ret pala) than the guy who thinks hes way better than he actually is, who plays the class we need.
    This should be the foundation to most groups in PvP and PvE.. and yes some exceptions to the rules have to be made. I would of done the same.

~Spazzer

Sounds like a pug.
    If it's a group you plan to run with regularly, I think its better to just try to correct the mistakes and reset the match, even if only for practice purposes.
    Incompetence isn't pug only and depending on your own experience you can view some mistakes or moves as big errors that call for a fast defeat.
    The rest of the game might be used as practice but that is even more annoying for someone who isn't there to practice but win.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Incompetence isn't pug only and depending on your own experience you can view some mistakes or moves as big errors that call for a fast defeat.
    The rest of the game might be used as practice but that is even more annoying for someone who isn't there to practice but win.
    Its a matter of individual perspective I suppose. It sounds like you're thinking short term which is fine.
    "I just want the win now, if we make mistakes just afk and hope it doesnt happen again" as opposed to "we made a mistake, lets learn from it and see if we can turn this around"
    If you're running a set group with regular incompetence, you may want to think about making some adjustments to the group.
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-12-28 at 08:47 PM.

Well people like me who say things like that when appropriate dislike people like you who continue to play for no reason. You are the kind of person that sits at ST in AB when we are down 4-1 in bases and losing 1300 to 300 and won't let them take it. Or will keep spawning in WSG when they are spawncamping us and we have 2 kills as an entire team and they have 90. All you do is give our opponents honor and satisfaction and waste time.

Thats in normal bgs though, OP said this was in rbgs which are very different than pug bgs. Unless you are seriously outgeared or outclassed you can come back and win in RBGs with some solid strategy. I would have kicked him out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

This brought me to a realization; Id rather take the equally skilled guy with the less than desireable class but the right attitude, (ex- ret pala) than the guy who thinks hes way better than he actually is, who plays the class we need.
    I really feel like you are talking about me here.. *hint hint*
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Its a matter of individual perspective I suppose. It sounds like you're thinking short term which is fine.
    "I just want the win now, if we make mistakes just afk and hope it doesnt happen again" as opposed to "we made a mistake, lets learn from it and see if we can turn this around"
    If you're running a set group with regular incompetence, you may want to think about making some adjustments to the group.
    It was more along the lines of seeing a grave mistake on your team that hints for general incompetence. In those cases ending the game fast and fixing the errors will produce better results than prolonging a game that you will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    It was more along the lines of seeing a grave mistake on your team that hints for general incompetence. In those cases ending the game fast and fixing the errors will produce better results than prolonging a game that you will lose.
    Id think the best course would be kick the guy whos making grave mistakes of incompetance.

Wait did you say RET PALA ? I'm in.

yeh, sadly for every quitter who gives up too easily, there's the blind hero who constantly believes you can always win, even when it's a full premade on their side they're on about 100 hks, your team has ZERO kills and they are farming anyone who resses at the graveyard.

it's not giving up that is the issue in BGs it's the stupidity of the person behind the screen.

Deleted
    When the match is about to end and the other team is the winner, just as there are 30 more points until they hit the winning cap, I say "we can still win. ". Tons of laughter.

As an NCAA Division 1 athlete myself I can say that a person's mentality is key to their physical performance, and the same concept can be applied to a video game. If you believe you are going to fail, lose, and die...well you probably will because you won't be playing with any fire in you.

Think about the time when you walked up to someone in a 1v1 encounter and you knew you could win, you knew you WOULD win. That is the confidence people rarely have unless the 1v1 encounter is against someone of greatly lesser gear, yet it's the confidence people need to have at all times. A BG is 8 minutes long if it's a blowout, and double that if it's a good match. So at the minimum it's quadruple the time of a 2s or 3s Arena match. Any sight of negativity should be stomped out of ones mind or else you are in for a LONG GAME.

With that said, you do need to be realistic. When running randoms say a 2.2k 5 team joins in on the other team while you have a 100% pug team...most likely you are NOT going to control the playing field but that doesn't mean you will lose the game. I've seen countless amounts of ninja caps, because the other team got too cocky and it cost them the whole game.

Deleted
    Imagine an entire team of ret pala's... oh the kindness and honor!

I give up on random bgs all the time, lol. I try to play shadow but when I see there are no or weak healz I'll go switch to holy. Mind you I want to play shadow but I switch to give our team a better chance. So when I go holy and all these sorry mf's dont peel for me or are just mindlessly attack other dps while letting the opposing healers free cast while I am under siege the whole time I quit healing everyone and stop rezzing too.