Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love winter - only behind autumn, but long to live in a place with defined seasons. It was 65 degrees here yesterday, 62 today, and will be 25 tomorrow (Fahrenheit). It's always this way from the end of November through about the end of February.....then we jump right into summer.

I'm in Georgia now, and today I went out in the rain with a T-shirt.

Of course I'm from New York, and most other people were in coats, so it must just be me :-P

Deleted
    It was advertised all year that this would've been the harshest winter in the past decades. The fact that plants and trees almost come to life outside, determines that was a lie.

Lol, I should make a meme about this.

Winter is horrible.
    You have to wear 2kg of clothes on you, but even with it you can't stand still for more than 10 minutes without risking to freeze to death.
    You have to forget about all the activities you usually do outside.
    Everything dies. People run from car/undeground to their homes/work and back.
    Winter is nothing but death and suffering.

Not my favorite, because it's ugly and cold, however it's better than late summer when it is ridiculously hot... you can put on as many cuddly sweaters and blankets as you want, but you can only get naked when it's hot.

The last few days have sucked because the sky's grey
    X

Deleted
    Winter sucks, it's cold. At least this year seems to be a warm winter here, haven't seen much snow lately. But the warm winter just looks ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like winter, if it snows that is. It gets a bad rep by people because its cold, and you need to be indoors a lot, and you need the heating on, and you hear news reports of elderly people who die because of the cold, so the news demonizes it all the time.

But when i'm indoors looking out my window a snow settling, when I'm walking into town in boots across thick snow, with that crispness in the air, it just feels so good some reason.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter is not my favorite part of the year, but it beats summer and spring for sure.
    As long as there is a little snow, and steady cold temperatures winter can be great.

So far there's been very little snow here, and it melted as soon as it came pretty much. Been winter storms week after week for the most part.
    Winter always comes by January and February though.

At least this years winter won't be as long as last year, which was closer to 7 months.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Winter gives me this high that I definitely do not get from Summer.
    I'm the opposite. I love summer, which we're in now. Love driving with some music going, the windows down and the wind flowing over my bald head!

What are you riding in that deep of snow?

I love in Florida, although being from New York i can say the real winter is a great time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter can die in a fire. I work at an airport. Winter means longer hours, delayed flights, icy tarmacs. And then, when the day finally ends, my car is frozen over, the roads are slippery and its a cold ass walk from the parking lot to the appartment.

Fuck winter, and fuck the Starks too.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Winter can die in a fire. I work at an airport. Winter means longer hours, delayed flights, icy tarmacs. And then, when the day finally ends, my car is frozen over, the roads are slippery and its a cold ass walk from the parking lot to the appartment.

Fuck winter, and fuck the Starks too.
    The North Remembers...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Sigh.. I wish it was like that here instead of slightly cooler weather.
    That's been where I live the past couple of winters, and it's REALLY pissing me the fuck off. I expect snow, or for fuck's sake, at LEAST cold-ass rain. Nope. Been bone fucking dry all winter, hardly any wind, and the temps only drop into the mid- to high 30s°F. I remember not even 4 years ago when we got into the teens, had snow several days (it may not have stuck for very long, but at least it was precipitation), and had massive wind storms. This tame BS really sucks >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a winter person myself. If I'm cold I can get warm. If I'm hot, I'm miserable and that's that. I pretty much spend the summer rushing from one air conditioned environment to another. I also have a fan going in my bedroom 24x7x365 (must. have. air. movement.). LOL Different strokes for different folks.

I loved it before I had to drive in it to get to work. Another casualty of adulthood.

Winter is pretty depressing after the Holidays. It's just dark, cold, and dreary. You can't really leave the house and go outside, or open windows for fresh air. I don't mind the cold, I'd take it over excessive heat any day, but still.. meh. Autumn/Early Spring is way better.

Plus after the novelty of snow, it tends to become more of a hassle than anything else. Then it gets all gunky and funky and slushy, and just looks gross.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck winter and everything it stands for
    Cold and snow, work if the devil
    At the moment its more or less no snow and +5celcius in south/eastern part of Norway, best Christmas in YEARS, past years its been buttloads of snow and -25celcius or colder for weeks or even MONTHS on end
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Must not live somewhere cold -

This is tomorrows projected wind chills (real feel) in MN. I am 100% sure I am not going to enjoy that. Thanks Canada.

“What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I consider myself more of a summer person, the 24/7 sunlight and slightly warmer breeze. Long days at the beach with a cold beer in my hand.

Although the winter up here isn't half bad, Tromsø is the warmest northern lights tourist town, and even having lived here all my life, the northern lights can still take my breath away. And even with all the winter storms we're having this year, my city is always untouched by it, save a strong wind every now and then.