Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Enough is enough with the Brazil LFR experiment.

Really. I understand why Blizzard might have assumed that LFR wasn't language-dependent, but I'd hazard a guess that at this point it's pretty clear that language (and a very different gaming culture) is a problem when it comes to raids.

I've had it with waiting in a 40 minute queue only to be stuck with a raid where almost half of the players not only can't communicate with the others, but they're incredibly incompetent/childish as well. No straw-men please, we all know there's going to be bad players from every group, but there's a reason that Brazilian realms have a very poor reputation.

The fact is that integrating Brazilian and North American realms into the same LFR group has resulted in a much worse gaming experience for the North American players who participate in LFR/LFD. You can hide behind political correctness, you can say it's not a problem- but you're not going to fool the players who actually queue and who have to deal with this bullshit if they want to do LFR. And please don't tell us the zones have to stay integrated because of better queue times. I'd rather be in queue for an extra 30 minutes than chance doing LFR with a Brazilian player ever again. Yes, I'm that tired of it.

I really would like to know who I need to communicate with to make this complaint heard by someone who matters. I've been playing for seven years and I very rarely post on the official forums, but I've had it with this crap. Blizzard CSR and devs seem to blow off this issue entirely. The thing is, it's not an unsolvable problem. Separate the Brazilian and NA servers in LFR. I understand it may make for a poorer gaming experience for the Brazilian realms, but they're dragging down everyone else's experience in the meantime.

(And no, this is not racist; "Brazilian" is not a race. This is not a racial issue, it's a language and culture issue. It's not racist to say that most people from Florida suck at driving in the snow, or that most LFR players from Brazil are really, really shitty people to play with.)

Edit: as an aside, I posted this on the official forums and it was deleted quickly. Which brings me back to: how do we push for a solution to this?
    Last edited by Alternategray; 2013-12-28 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Probably best to post on the official forums and not a fan forum

I've been in a dungeon where it was me and my girlfriend and 3 people from clearly Brazilian realms - Tol-Barad, Ragnaros, Quel'Danas (Quel'thalas...whatever anyways). I'm not trying to be I guess racist? However I hate having them in the group because they pull like they're tanking which they're not, they pull unneeded adds they're missing pieces of gear or are using the wrong pieces. Also whenever they die due to pulling extra crap after telling them not to and letting them die, they instantly (after combat mind you) release and take res sickness. Then the best part is when you try and kick them, the kick timer is ridiculously long so that it's either you wait 45 mins to kick them or finish the dungeon in 30 when it should have taken 10. I understand that pooling them reduces queue time, but when the raid/dungeon will take 3x as long with them I'd rather wait a tiny bit longer and not have them there, that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Hagendaz; 2013-12-28 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the pain of dealing with BRs all too well. I used to play a 2d mmo that was infested with them. They were the worst parts of the community in nearly every single case. I've met a total of 5 polite brazilians, 3 of which were competent (And I considered them all friends), over the 10 years I played that game, out of the thousands I had to deal with or work around. The Brazilians in that game changed my entire view of their country from "They have a ton of trees! Cool!" to "Who cares if we die from lack of oxygen, nuke the place!"

However, you'll never get a separation of LFR's like you want. Unless you can get so many people (Thousands) to back you and whine about it on the official forums for a few months, with multiple posts per day. Beat them down with tears ala Diablo 3 style.

Part of the reason being, you have a solution readily available to you already, and that is creating your own group. I know, the whole point of LFR is to avoid such things as this, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a viable solution to your problem. Then there's the ultimately needless restructuring of their LFR group layout, which they aren't going to do just because a few people don't like the folks from Brazil.

Good luck, sir. That's about the only thing I can offer to aid you in your quest to have a BR free LFR.

They used to play a lot of age of empires... HUEHUEHUEHUE /facepalm

ya personally i wish they infected other games.. i mean ones that we arent paying for. hopefully blizz could separate all of the BR realms or connect them only to BR/BR so they can all play together. i think that would be the best solution. other than an in game translator which would be helpful as well. theres a reason LFR Q times are so long, no1 does them anymore cause they are afraid they'll get a run filled with Brazilians.

After tanking a couple dozen dungeons with Brazilian players I wholeheartedly agree. They seem completely oblivious to basic group etiquette even when they can understand some english. Pulling random stuff and running it around the room making tanking difficult. I'd just leave them to die when they pull stuff out to africa but the brazillian healer follows and heals everyone but the tank. Need rolling on everything, rogues taking plate, hunters taking cloth ect. Every single hunter and lock has a pet taunting everything, at which point the pet and add tango out to the middle of no where. Not to mention brazilian players get lost really easy, even in glorified hallways like Hellfire ramparts.

I'd really rather have a longer queue than suffer through it.

Deleted
    Well I'd rather have brazzilians in my lfr than Russians in my anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagendaz View Post
    I've been in a dungeon where it was me and my girlfriend and 3 people from clearly Brazilian realms - Tol-Barad, Ragnaros, Quel'Danas (Quel'thalas...whatever anyways). I'm not trying to be I guess racist? However I hate having them in the group because they pull like they're tanking which they're not, they pull unneeded adds they're missing pieces of gear or are using the wrong pieces. Also whenever they die due to pulling extra crap after telling them not to and letting them die, they instantly (after combat mind you) release and take res sickness. Then the best part is when you try and kick them, the kick timer is ridiculously long so that it's either you wait 45 mins to kick them or finish the dungeon in 30 when it should have taken 10. I understand that pooling them reduces queue time, but when the raid/dungeon will take 3x as long with them I'd rather wait a tiny bit longer and not have them there, that's just my 2 cents.
    From your list tol barad is the only br server.

I posted this on the official forums and it was deleted quickly. Which brings me back to: how do we push for a solution to this?
    it was deleted because nothing good come from this kind of threads because its just a snowball of circlejerk.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-12-29 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Lol, yeah. Queueing dota 2 solo ranked with only European English servers and with only English language tagged and getting a group of 4 russians in my team that don't understand a word (or I don't understand them).

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I guess we can safely say at this point that mixing up languages or cultures in WoW - be it as comrades or enemies - is probably not a good thing as it leads to a very volatile environment that barely allows any constructive gameplay to happen. I understand that the idea behind it is improving queues for everyone, but aside from that I can hardly see anything good coming from it. I'd rather have longer queue times than unnecessarily fueling hate among people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    as an aside, I posted this on the official forums and it was deleted quickly. Which brings me back to: how do we push for a solution to this?
    You don't. Blizzard doesn't particularly listen to "us", they just sometimes happen to do what players wanted, even though not necessarily the same way. They take the hints but they don't take orders. And they are especially deaf when it comes to protest. Reverting such a change or removing stuff they fiercely defended from the game is similar to losing face, admitting failure. And that won't happen.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-12-29 at 12:38 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

This is a very controversial topic. I understand the dissatisfaction and frustration provoked by uneducated individuals, but you also have to try and understand the socioeconomic and cultural context of the places where these players live.

Many South-american countries (Brazil in particular) have seen very high rates of intragenerational social mobility in recent times - meaning that, to put it in simple terms, a lot of people that not so long ago used to be poor now belong to the middle class. This also means that a lot of people that haven't been able to get decent education are now able to acquire computers, an internet connection, etc. You see where I'm going with this.

Of course you won't be thinking "oh, poor fellas, lets carry them through LFR!" when this kind of stuff happens, but demanding them to be isolated isn't fair to the educated minority that deserves better.

I've experienced a similar thing with Portuguese players (though I think they are the only language that's connected to English realms?) from Portuguese realms (EU Aggra?). Every single decent Portuguese player I've met refuses to transfer because they know the reputation as well and would rather just stick to using English.

Its probably just due to being a smaller community that doesn't have access to the much larger network that English gamers take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    That interesting because on Illidan US it is pretty much guaranteed that you will get some people from the Latin American realms that have no freaking clue what you are saying. Ah the joys of being on the same damn battle group

It's happened in TERA too. You purposely try to avoid Brazilians as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Lol, yeah. Queueing dota 2 solo ranked with only European English servers and with only English language tagged and getting a group of 4 russians in my team that don't understand a word (or I don't understand them).
    Or World of Tanks where players only seem to either speak French or Russian. Or can only say things like "omg noob team". Thank goodness I play with friends.

Looks like your post was removed from the official forums for good reason, OP.

Stay classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a couple brazilians in a group once.... the fear of it ever happening again pushed me away from doing LFG anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    Really. I understand why Blizzard might have assumed that LFR wasn't language-dependent, but I'd hazard a guess that at this point it's pretty clear that language (and a very different gaming culture) is a problem when it comes to raids.

I've had it with waiting in a 40 minute queue only to be stuck with a raid where almost half of the players not only can't communicate with the others, but they're incredibly incompetent/childish as well. No straw-men please, we all know there's going to be bad players from every group, but there's a reason that Brazilian realms have a very poor reputation.

The fact is that integrating Brazilian and North American realms into the same LFR group has resulted in a much worse gaming experience for the North American players who participate in LFR/LFD. You can hide behind political correctness, you can say it's not a problem- but you're not going to fool the players who actually queue and who have to deal with this bullshit if they want to do LFR. And please don't tell us the zones have to stay integrated because of better queue times. I'd rather be in queue for an extra 30 minutes than chance doing LFR with a Brazilian player ever again. Yes, I'm that tired of it.

I really would like to know who I need to communicate with to make this complaint heard by someone who matters. I've been playing for seven years and I very rarely post on the official forums, but I've had it with this crap. Blizzard CSR and devs seem to blow off this issue entirely. The thing is, it's not an unsolvable problem. Separate the Brazilian and NA servers in LFR. I understand it may make for a poorer gaming experience for the Brazilian realms, but they're dragging down everyone else's experience in the meantime.

(And no, this is not racist; "Brazilian" is not a race. This is not a racial issue, it's a language and culture issue. It's not racist to say that most people from Florida suck at driving in the snow, or that most LFR players from Brazil are really, really shitty people to play with.)

Edit: as an aside, I posted this on the official forums and it was deleted quickly. Which brings me back to: how do we push for a solution to this?
    This made no sense to me at first, being a North American player who LFR's daily almost. I havnt had any groups so far full of any Brazilian players, well or so I thought. A light bulb went off and now I know exactly where your coming from!

I recall having quite a few non-english speaking players in LFR as of late and they seemed to be pretty incompetent as well. This one kept dying, literally, every pull. He must have died 20 times or more in the whole LFR. And he would, without hesitation, beg for a rez during combat after every death. And not fluently either, very broken english, like couldn't understand him.

But he would spam it and ask for brez. After like 5 minutes of him whining I told him, "dude, no one here has a brez so chillout and even if we did we wouldnt waste it on you because your hitting 50k."

He shut up pretty fast, besides that I know of multiple times where someone seemed SOOOOO dumb it blew my mind, they also happened to not speak english. They would pull extra trash, taunt, avoid mechanics, hit extremely crappy dps and die every pull. It must be those Brazilian players, so I agree 100%, get rid of them. They are a blight on an already horrible gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    This is a very controversial topic. I understand the dissatisfaction and frustration provoked by uneducated individuals, but you also have to try and understand the socioeconomic and cultural context of the places where these players live.

Many South-american countries (Brazil in particular) have seen very high rates of intragenerational social mobility in recent times - meaning that, to put it in simple terms, a lot of people that not so long ago used to be poor now belong to the middle class. This also means that a lot of people that haven't been able to get decent education are now able to acquire computers, an internet connection, etc. You see where I'm going with this.

Of course you won't be thinking "oh, poor fellas, lets carry them through LFR!" when this kind of stuff happens, but demanding them to be isolated isn't fair to the educated minority that deserves better.
    How does being poor make it right to be a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post

How long ago did this major shift start happening?

Anyways, they aren't all bad OP. I use to play with quiet a few Brazilians in BC/Wrath. All of which spoke/typed in English when we raided, and they were all decent people. But this was years ago as well lol.