V-sync causing terrible fps issues on Prototype 2

So when I got the game i turned v sync off like always and I noticed there was some stutter when i moved the mouse. Turning v-sync on fixed that problem but pretty often my frames drop to like 6-10.. usually if im doing a mission. My card is able to run the game at 75+fps with vsync off and max settings. If anyone knows a way to fix it that would be amazing <3

My specs are windows 8, intel i5 4570, radeon 7850 2gb, 8gb ram

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhs View Post
    So when I got the game i turned v sync off like always and I noticed there was some stutter when i moved the mouse. Turning v-sync on fixed that problem but pretty often my frames drop to like 6-10.. usually if im doing a mission. My card is able to run the game at 75+fps with vsync off and max settings. If anyone knows a way to fix it that would be amazing <3

My specs are windows 8, intel i5 4570, radeon 7850 2gb, 8gb ram
    What is the monitor's refresh rate? Turning V sync on will make the system try to not let the fps exceed the monitor's refresh rate. You using a TV or some fancy monitor with a very high refresh rate? Not sure what the supported refresh rate of the Radeon 7850 is or resolution. Also do not try to force a resolution the monitor can not support. Check it out.

The refresh rate is 60, Its a 27 inch monitor running at 1920x1080. But, its weird playing with vsync off is completely playable but the mouse stutters whenever i move it. I've tried changing the refresh rate and nothing works

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft released a update to correct some mouse issues in some games for Windows 8, 8.1. Check out their tech support website. It may help you with the issue.

Deleted
    Have you installed the Windows 8.1 update yet?

a review i watched on prototype 2 (think it was totalbiscuits) said that the camera movement is linked to the frames per second the game produces, so when you get relatively high frames (more than 60) you will end up with camera stutter. the only real way to fix this is to hardcard the fps ingame, which im not even sure is doable on this console port

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    a review i watched on prototype 2 (think it was totalbiscuits) said that the camera movement is linked to the frames per second the game produces, so when you get relatively high frames (more than 60) you will end up with camera stutter. the only real way to fix this is to hardcard the fps ingame, which im not even sure is doable on this console port
    I downloaded dxtory and I was able to set a fps limit. All fixed