Thread: Combat Heroic

Combat Heroic

Seeing a lot of rogues rocking MH 2.6 Dagger Offhand... Is it the new thing now?

10+ Year Old Account
    If no t16 4p, Fast OH > Slow OH due to more poison procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    for offhand ilvl>slow OH>fast OH, double slow is preferred for the 4piece for KS damage when you have a slow/fast OH of equivalent ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    If no t16 4p, Fast OH > Slow OH due to more poison procs.
    It's normally balanced out against KS (closely, early tier). With the 4p, 2.6 is farther ahead with good KsP usage, yes. Shadowcraft does a pretty good explanation of how this all lines up.

Plank above really outlines it best.

Well I got 2 574 daggers and 2 574 slow hands... should I go MH / dagger then?
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-12-29 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Always slow mainhand. You can choose either dagger or slow weapon for offhand. The difference is not big if you have same ilvl weapons for your offhand. Something you probably wont even notice. Though you get more damage from the killing spree set bonus with 2 slow weapons.

Thats what I mean.... Slow mh / Dagger offhand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Thats what I mean.... Slow mh / Dagger offhand
    I think Plaktin and Kael already answered everything but...
    Always go with the higher ilvl.
    If same ilvl and no t16 4p, Fast > Slow OH.
    If same ilvl and t16 4p, Slow > Fast OH.

This is how I gear for combat:

No T16 4-set:

ilevel > stats > speed (fast > slow)

T16 4-set:
    ilevel > speed (slow > fast) > stats

Wouldn't the AoC push slow off hand up due to extra KS's close to as much as the 4pc though? They were neck and neck last tier, if you're getting almost 50% more killing sprees, I'd think that makes slow a pretty clear winner even with no 4pc.

I have 4 pc t16 and AoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I have 4 pc t16 and AoC.
    Slow for sure if same ilvl.
    I'd recommend using shadowcraft...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2013-12-29 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wouldn't the AoC push slow off hand up due to extra KS's close to as much as the 4pc though? They were neck and neck last tier, if you're getting almost 50% more killing sprees, I'd think that makes slow a pretty clear winner even with no 4pc.
    Not necessarily. AoC also increases AR/SB uptime, and with AR increasing attack speed by 20% and SB being on yellow hit, these cooldowns favor poison damage, as such favor a faster offhand. (my guess is that AoC is weapon speed agnostic).

Edit: Just to put numbers into it, I ran simcraft using my rogue, with and without AoC.

Here is the scaling of OH weapon speed normalized to agility with and without the trinket, with and without T16 4-set:
    With: 4.97
    Without: 13.49.

T16 4-set disabled:
    With: -5.10
    Without: 7.18

Note that the weapon speed scaling is positive, meaning slow is favored. What this means is that disabling AoC made it more STRONGLY favor a slow offhand (in other words, AoC favors a faster offhand). This is ESPECIALLY evident when you remove the T16 4-set. Basically AoC works against the T16 4-set and that's one of the reasons that makes it a relatively weak set bonus. Without AoC the T16 4-set becomes stronger.

Note, however, that the error in all four tests crosses the 0 line so slower or faster could be better in any of those cases. Note also that this is using the default priority list which can undervalue a slow offhand--it won't use killing spree exactly on cooldown since it won't use killing spree during AR/SB and simcraft is showing this to be a dps gain.

Edit 2: Repeated runs, modifying the priority list to use KS on cooldown without waiting for AR/SB to finish. This results in more executes of killing spree, which is a dps gain. It also increases the value of offhand and makes AoC reinforce, rather than reduce the value of a slow offhand, which shadowcraft also seems to show.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-12-30 at 02:17 AM.