Poll: Good Idea?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    What if there are people who have a legitimate reason to be AFK (just went up to get a snack or bathroom) and they announced it, or the tanks are being impatient and use the readycheck when it's clear that not everyone is back?
    Then off they go. No excuses - they're keeping 24 others waiting, and can just re-queue again.

Remove the vote kick immunity and that would be a good start.

Another reason this is a good idea is the audience who LFR is for, doesnt have a lot of time on their hands generally. And doing LFR ATM takes a long time commitment.

I believe what will fix the LFR community to be somewhat reasonable is what they are doing in WoD, give people options of what they want to do. Don't force people into LFR for gear, make other options for acquiring the same gear as LFR. A lot of the issues with LFR is because a lot of people have no choice. There is no other option other than LFR to get non-organized gear.

Forcing people into content they aren't keen to enjoy in the first place (not everyone likes raid style gameplay) with random people where failure is an option and takes up a lot of time, it encourages all sorts of bad behavior and gets people quite mad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Remove the vote kick immunity and that would be a good start.
    They said that kick protection works for 5 mans but clearly doesn't work for LFR. They do apparently plan on changing it. Which is a good thing. IMO its abused more with it in LFR than without.

Kick protection; if you are really being kicked constantly, its probably your own fault and you don't deserve protection. They should reverse how it works: If you get kicked X number of times, you are given a debuff for X amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Then off they go. No excuses - they're keeping 24 others waiting, and can just re-queue again.
    Admittedly, not everyone pays attention to ready checks. I know when raiding almost always there's 1 or 2 in my guild who forget to hit their ready check but are actually ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Admittedly, not everyone pays attention to ready checks. I know when raiding almost always there's 1 or 2 in my guild who forget to hit their ready check but are actually ready.
    Yeh, but in guild you have vent / TS, guild chat, etc. In LFR you don't have this - ready check is just about the only way to make sure people are there. If they're not, tanks shouldn't have to wait all day, and should be able to instantly kick (no voting needed) in all cases IMHO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I don't think you've seen many wipes on LFR and in case you haven't, here's a hint: There's a lot of wipes on certain days. If groups are wiping to LFR bosses, it's not going to be pretty with Flex.
    If you take the people who are wiping in LFR and put them in Flex, the only thing that'll happen is that the loot will be better, and the bosses will take many, MANY more pulls to kill.

The real problem is that the true solution for LFR is for players to give a shit and hold the people that are choosing to be caustic accountable and supporting the ones who are trying but don't know the way so they can not suck. Instead, you get the mentality the majority exhibit in real life. People just keep their head down and try to get by, while only the occasional individual stands up and does something, much less gets support when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    So... it's never the tanks' faults?

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree with having no trash in LFR, it would be a very welcome change and I think it would improve the quality of LFR runs and the willingness (certainly my willingness) to actually do LFR because it would be less of a time investment.

The port button I also think is a good idea since I think just going from boss to boss in LFR (and really any raid if you ask me) is a good structure. I think though that maybe the window could be lengthened from 10s to somewhere around 30s if people had to get up toward the end of the fight and still want to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    So... it's never the tanks' faults?
    You'd still be able to kick a bad tank the same way as now. Vote-kicking works quite well for that.
    But the goal here is to reduce the number of afk / on follow / autoattacking types, and tanks are hardly ever the ones AFK in LFR, anyway.
    They can't get away with it the same way dps can (or were doing before I quit tanking LFR anyway....)

English gets automatically translated to Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese on the screen of the players blizzard kindly grouped us with, so the communication barrier that causes wipes on content no one should be wiping on is now non existent
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

"After 10 seconds a window appears prompting you to "Press Ok" to Continue, basically a teleporter, you have 10 seconds to respond."

I suspect someone would just simply design a mod that would simply validate their presence by clicking ok. If Blizzard were to implement a mandatory "ready check" it would no doubt have exceptions. For instance, if X player gets into combat or does X damage then they aren't kicked. And, there would be ways to get around that system. The only way you could check to see if someone is afk or botting is to initiate a sort of "captcha." The encounter randomly supplies a number that the player would have to enter in order to validate themselves as being "present" before every boss within the raid. That would be a huge hassle and would destroy the game play.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-12-30 at 09:32 AM.

LFR doesn't need to be fixed, the people playing this game do.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    LFR doesn't need to be fixed, the people playing this game do.
    I mostly agree with this. People in there are shitty. Since Vanilla I have raided doing pugs, guild raids, premade groups, LFR, oqueue... and LFR is where 95% of the shitty things happen.

I would love to see the vote to kick feature fixed. It should be easier to kick douches, no protection should occur ever, and being kicked often enough should incur some sort of punishment.

Deleted
    If you got a prob with Lfr the fix is easy: dont use it. fixed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    much easier way to fix lfr.

add a 1 week cooldown debuff against using any random dungeon/lfr/bg by being kick-removed from any dungeon.

suddenly people would realize they're accountable for their actions and shape up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This will never, ever, in the history of existence, and the future of the universe happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    People like you make me upset, all I am going to say about you. I am trying to help people who desperately need it, not harm the Normal and Heroic Raiding Experience, WHICH DONT FORGET, I AM A PART OF!
    what you dont seem to understand, is that LFR (like it or not) IS A PART of the normal raiding experience. dumbing it down even more will only train douchebags to be more so, not less.

you cannot fix LAZIENESS or SADISM, with dumbed down content. you can only fix that by introducing consequences for such behavior into the environment.

what happens when your child/pet/drunkfriend (w/e) pees on your carpet? do you remove the carpet or teach or punish them to not do it again??? you're talking about just removing the carpet. and all that teaches them is that its OK to pee on the floor.

I didn't realize LFR needed fixing. It seems to work just fine.

It's really no different than, for example, queuing for BGs and getting bad groups and losing. It's frustrating, but there's no easy fix. There has to be a middle ground between making it too easy to kick people and making it too hard. Part of that middle ground is dealing with the imperfection of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    trash is not the problem.
    trash is the main problem not only in lfr but in the whole wow. but since they pay a lot of money, blizz wont ever do anything about them

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    trash is the main problem not only in lfr but in the whole wow. but since they pay a lot of money, blizz wont ever do anything about them
    Trash when done right can add a lot of atmosphere and help pacing in a dungeon, it can also introduce players to boss mechanics prior to the fight.

Funnily enough the 1 raid without trash (ToC) is widely viewed as the worst raid of all time