Poll: Empathy or no?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the subject. In real life I have it, but for certain things I am just so...desensitized. Like if I here about a school mass murder I just simply do not care(unless it is close to me) I have just read so much of them, why should I really give a shit?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I think nearly everyone feels empathy. There are just some internet cool people here who claim otherwise. ( Exceptions excluded ofcourse )
    It's not a net hipster thing. Some people are emotionally dead. Probably more than just some.

Deleted
    yes, lack it to some degree and have hard time understanding or caring about plight and suffering of others

Usually for those effected by disease and poverty, so yes I do think about these issues quite a lot and do intend on doing something about it, most likely through an efficient reliable charity.

As for gang bangers shooting each other, yes I would like something to be done about that, like refunding the drug gangs by legalizing and regulating drugs... but as for empathy for gang bangers shooting at each other, i feel absolutely no empathy for them... but still believe they should not be killed.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2014-01-03 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    only for animals
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    I lack empathy, but not for a lack of trying. I have a condition that makes it very hard for me to interpret human emotional responses, and as such empathising with other people is difficult.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I lack empathy, but not for a lack of trying. I have a condition that makes it very hard for me to interpret human emotional responses, and as such empathising with other people is difficult.
    is it related to autism?

Quote Originally Posted by Aniyana View Post
    is it related to autism?
    I have autism yet I do have slightly above level of empathy (I hide it from my parents for some weird reason). People in autistic spectrum do feel empathy, but we do have a bit more difficult time expressing it to others as an average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    I have autism yet I do have slightly above level of empathy (I hide it from my parents for some weird reason). People in autistic spectrum do feel empathy, but we do have a bit more difficult time expressing it to others as an average.
    i know, i've been diagnosed with it(atypical autism) but they also said i have a schizoid personality with schizotypal traits in addition to it so could be that
    Last edited by mmocf3303fe37b; 2014-01-03 at 08:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My poor empathy has been attributed to Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Dont lack empathy, but raised in a small town

Deleted
    I... i'm not really sure, i mean, it might be lacking somewhat...

But it's hard for to me say, i don't really feel outraged when others are, if that's lack of it...

Empathy is the ability to understand, sympathy is feeling with someone.

I have some trouble understanding people, but I feel lots. Most of the time I can't make anything out of it, just a bunch of sympathy that hurts. :I

I feel for animals and feel nothing for most people. Seeing death, destruction and total waste on television and through media does nothing for me unless it kills animals, and then I'm all teary eyed. Run over a garden of babies and I'd think, "Huh, well.. I guess those family branches are done for", but if someone ran over a box of puppies, I'd probably cry.

Deleted
    Too much empathy, actually.

Slightly above average. Not so much where I'm a bleeding heart, but I believe in understanding and rehabilitation.
    ( ; , , ; )

Towards other humans? Most certainly. To the degree that only my moral code and logic helps me act as a normal person would.

10+ Year Old Account
    no..all the time even for inanimate objects...

15+ Year Old Account
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My poor empathy has been attributed to Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism.

Just found out. That was recently been disproven. So..probably a bad response to certain situations but I digress.

<---High Functioning Autism person. You aint alone.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-01-04 at 12:06 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi