Question about remote controlling your pc

Hello.

I just bought a new TV (philips 42 inch pfl6008h if it means something to anyone) and i noticed it can connect to my wireless network. I can watch youtube / facebook / skype, all that good stuff from my TV.

My question is...Could I control my laptop via my TV? like...I'm in my bedroom (with the tv) while the laptop is in the kitchen, and I'm playing WoW or something on my tv, via the laptop, without any physical connectivity. Is such a thing possible?

Wireless HDMI, wireless mouse and keyboard? Not really what you are asking for but it is a solution that could work.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    There are ways probably, but make sure your TV has a good resolution and also a decent refresh rate before considering it.

DLNA on smart TVs is only for streaming media, you can control your tv via computer (using "Play to" on windows) only on what movie or music to play that is saved on your computer but thats it. There are software to stream your screen to DLNA like VLC, but there is 10 second delay on a computer with high end specs, it wont be real time. =/

IMO this should be nvidias next feature using kepler built in "encoding chip". Realtime streaming to DLNA home network. Would really be nice.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2013-12-31 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your laptop has WiDI built in you can buy a box from Netgear that lets you stream your laptop to your TV wirelessly. This is what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Push2T...&keywords=widi