Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is already an article in a major swedish newspaper about this lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    He, apparently, already has.

Welp. Wells was faster.
    Am I understanding it right that this Phantom guy was trying to get views by advertising an interview with said "hackers"? And that the cops busted his house during the conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Am I understanding it right that this Phantom guy was trying to get views by advertising an interview with said "hackers"? And that the cops busted his house during the conversation?
    Afterwards, but more or less. These guys were fucking around, saw this guy had a ton of viewers at the time and contacted him and he bit. Talked to them a bit and stuff.

Having a large enough botnet to take down a major platform such as league of legends is pretty impressive.

Deleted
    PhantomLord is the guy this DERP group/wtv targeted, because he had a lot of viewers at that moment. The others are the ones that belong to DERP I guess, and the BITCOIN MAN said they did it 'for the lulz'. So, there's the reason.
    Ah well, I guess it's better to have criminals like this then just another fighting or shooting. Not sure how I feel about being "happy" to see a somewhat change up in news.

10+ Year Old Account
    He, apparently, already has.

Welp. Wells was faster.
    well supposedly someone called the cops claiming a hostage situation was going on at PL rather than it having something to do with the stream ddos and what

Deleted
    He already had the most views when DERP started doing this, and he was targeted simply due to that. I guess he took advantage of it afterwards but it didn't go well for him.

I still have a hard time believing the cops just busted his house for a hostage situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    well supposedly someone called the cops claiming a hostage situation was going on at PL rather than it having something to do with the stream ddos and what
    I know. These guys just want to troll Phantom Lord. You know, 'for the lulz'.

He already had the most views when DERP started doing this, and he was targeted simply due to that. I guess he took advantage of it afterwards but it didn't go well for him.

I still have a hard time believing the cops just busted his house for a hostage situation.
    They didn't break in. They came to his house and have him temporarily restrained. I was watching the stream when he said he had to afk because the cops were at the door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Having a large enough botnet to take down a major platform such as league of legends is pretty impressive.
    I think it's impressive as well (to an extend), even if the technique is simple and eazmode (according to internet IT proffesionals 101) it still requires some balls to pull shit like this considering their is no gain on the criminals end compared to other shit.

So phantomlord god arrested? Did he do anything actually wrong? Is watching a hacker group systematically take down websites not ok?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They didn't break in. They came to his house and have him temporarily restrained. I was watching the stream when he said he had to afk because the cops were at the door.
    Ah. I read the authorities broke in, so that's why I was skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So phantomlord god arrested? Did he do anything actually wrong? Is watching a hacker group systematically take down websites not ok?
    Police came to his house because someone called the police and said there was a hostage situation at his house. Not because of "Derp"

I don't think it's even a group. I think this is just one turd with a vendetta against a streamer.

Also, the perpetrator kind of had all of his personal information leaked onto pastebin by an actual hacker he managed to piss off by bringing down games.

So hey, good job, team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any publicity is good publicity.The fact that nobody reading this thread have no clue who this guy is but are now interested and will be checking out his stream in the next few days to see what happens.Check and mate.
    Here come the Irish.

I'm not up to date, what am I missing. Looks like a pretty normal chat to me.
    PhantomLord is the guy this DERP group/wtv targeted, because he had a lot of viewers at that moment. The others are the ones that belong to DERP I guess, and the BITCOIN MAN said they did it 'for the lulz'. So, there's the reason.
    Ure correct, the vent chats are with the grp all names exept Phantom are them

Deleted
    It's funny because full personal details of 1 of the "hackers" is already circling the internet, just look it up on pastebins. Going to be funny to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosive View Post
    Police came to his house because someone called the police and said there was a hostage situation at his house. Not because of "Derp"
    So anonymously calling the cops on anyone gives them permission to raid your house; we've come so far as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I don't think it's even a group. I think this is just one turd with a vendetta against a streamer.
    If u look up the chats from he reddit link u will notice many names
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._discuss_here/

@ 6:35PM] Vent server went offline. Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2 and Screenshot 3 of the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So anonymously calling the cops on anyone gives them permission to raid your house; we've come so far as a society.
    You don't have enough information to think that's all that happened and neither does anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Any publicity is good publicity.The fact that nobody reading this thread have no clue who this guy is but are now interested and will be checking out his stream in the next few days to see what happens.Check and mate.
    This is my my hunch tbh, maybe this really just is great publicity?