Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Did I say that WoW is a new, fresh game you retard? Learn to read. I've said that it's silly that for almost ten years WoW dominates the MMO market and not a single other MMO can even compete with it.
    Feisty aren't we? The reason why WoW is still dominating is because of it's age. The game was released just when MMOs started gaining a lot of popularity and it was really the most bug/cheat free MMO at the time. Before that it was mostly FPSs and whatever else the market had to sell as it wasn't really as big as it is now.

The market is hungry for something else. You can't expect MMOs to grow and grow when people have less and less free time for fun. Games have become a source of instant fun so really leveling characters untill your eyes bleed and gearing them up isn't cutting it anymore. People want fun when they pay for it and can't afford to sit behind computers for 5hrs+ a day just so they can get to the best part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dont know what most people are expecting
    Hype does crazy things to games. People on average see the hyped details and expectations, over the reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say this again: Saying that people wouldn't pay 15$ for ESO because it's like Skyrim is equivalent to saying that they won't pay 15$ for WoW because it's like Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Hype does crazy things to games. People on average see the hyped details and expectations, over the reality.
    Yeah I heard ESO and just thought MMO Skywindblivion..... techically I was right. all three places will be in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    The developers aren't really hyping the game from what i've seen they have released very little unless you've been in the beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I really wish they'd get rid of leveling or cut leveling time in half in WoW, leveling isn't fun and it sure as hell doesn't teach you jack about your class. Starting at 60/70 or so would be A LOT less painful for alts, and would allow people to actually play the game semi-fast instead of going 1-100 and giving up half way or (way) less than that. Sure, some people enjoy leveling in WoW, but they're even more of a minority than Heroic raiders (decent progress into Heroics anyway.)

Deleted
    2 wow killers in your reasoning ? nice solid evidence for a harsh year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The developers aren't really hyping the game from what i've seen they have released very little unless you've been in the beta
    Don't really know how much hype the developers put into the game, so I can't really say. All I see is community driven hype, and all I know is bullshit spews from community hype.

Cataclysm was the WoW killer.

Are you telling me wows beta was worth 15 a month?
    Considering its supposed to be released in April, they better make some serious headway.

Future of MMOs isn't going to continue the 15$/month trend. Nobody wants to dump money for the game itself + the monthly fee(15$). Wildstar happens to be the only one, ATM, exploring options of different payment plans.

In ESO, you have one action bar of abilities. You spam them. Nothing special at all. How does that not get boring extremely fast?

I'll give credit on one thing. That game is optimized perfectly.. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I really wish they'd get rid of leveling or cut leveling time in half in WoW, leveling isn't fun and it sure as hell doesn't teach you jack about your class. Starting at 60/70 or so would be A LOT less painful for alts, and would allow people to actually play the game semi-fast instead of going 1-100 and giving up half way or (way) less than that.
    Leveling did teach you your class in vanilla wow,for example as a hunter i learned to kite mobs that killed my pet which turned out to be something i would need to know in raiding and pvp. Now you wont learn jack crap because you wont die ever in wow unless you are afk, or on a pvp server with the lurking 90s on flying mounts watch your every move! WoW used to be hard(well kinda if you were new to the game) and has went retard mode ever since unless you count out heroic raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Considering its supposed to be released in April, they better make some serious headway.

Future of MMOs isn't going to continue the 15$/month trend. Nobody wants to dump money for the game itself + the monthly fee(15$). Wildstar happens to be the only one, ATM, exploring options of different payment plans.

In ESO, you have one action bar of abilities. You spam them. Nothing special at all. How does that not get boring extremely fast?

I'll give credit on one thing. That game is optimized perfectly.. That's about it.
    But everyone wants lots of content and sent out with great speed without the game being P2W.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you telling me wows beta was worth 15 a month?
    What kind of argument is that? You are ignoring the market completely. Back in WoW's time there were basically no competitors. Yeah, EverGrind and that's it. Now they are lots of competitors. If you release something that is half done or not completely exciting, you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlysan View Post

But everyone wants lots of content and sent out with great speed without the game being P2W.
    Hate to say it, but only a few bad apples ever went down the "F2P = P2W" road.
    There are some sketchy pay models that encourage a 15$/month, but you're usually getting some nice boosts of some kind as a result.
    Not game breaking in anyway.

There are F2P MMO's that are still busting out "content" a lot quicker then Warcraft's current cycle with a much smaller team/budget. Kills me how long some of these raids last for, especially at the end of a expansion.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2013-12-31 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    What kind of argument is that? You are ignoring the market completely. Back in WoW's time there were basically no competitors. Yeah, EverGrind and that's it. Now they are lots of competitors. If you release something that is half done or not completely exciting, you fail.

I was stating against someone talking about the current status of a game in a closed beta being worth the future sub fee. I countered by saying what about Beta wow which has the same Sub fee now. Nothing to do with the excitement of the game, which ESO does have because like WOW it is hoping fans of the TES series will carry it.

I don't see how ES's console following will help them. Most console players I know detest PCs and certainly don't have one that will be able to play a modern MMO.

Deleted
    wildstar looks very promising for a game to play til next expansion but i dont believe many wow players are really "gamers". Most seem completly oblivious to the world of games outside their wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Why ON EARTH would anyone who worked on City Of Heroes work with NCSoft again?
    http://crypticstudios.com/ still has a City of Heroes thing on its front page, talking about how awesome it is and how it's still running today. The only people who cared about that game were the players, and 2007 (When the quote says this team was announced) was when NCSoft bought City of Heroes. So.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    wildstar looks very promising for a game to play til next expansion but i dont believe many wow players are really "gamers". Most seem completly oblivious to the world of games outside their wow.
    Heh.. spot on!
    I'm looking forward to giving SOE my dollars for EQNext/Landmark.

More than happy to try out Wildstar for a few months or so. From what they've shown, it looks like it'd be fun to play.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2013-12-31 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I am not impressed with Wildstar...
    I don't understand the draw to it at all or why so many are clinging to how awesome it is going to be. ESO I can see being good and even if it isn't it will pull many die hard fans offline from WoW for a bit. This is the ebb and flow of WoW though. A new game or two come out late in a raid/pvp tier and ppl get bored and mess with something else. A patch comes out they come back or in this case an expansion comes out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

By the time I'm bored with MoP, D3's Reaper of Souls will be out, and by the time I'm fully bored with that, WoD will be out. For awhile I thought ESO was going to flop harder than SWTOR, but people were still hyped for SWTOR when they were five months away from release. I've heard nothing but negative things about ESO. It might just be dead on arrival. And Wildstar will go largely unnoticed, which is a shame. And besides, who really cares if the mythical "WoW killer" ever arrives? Play whatever game you enjoy. The world doesn't have to reflect your likes and dislikes for you to feel validated. Let it go already.