Thread: Fireworks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate fireworks, they may look pretty but that's all it has going for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    I hate fireworks, they may look pretty but that's all it has going for it.
    Eh whit?

That's the whole fucking point.

Deleted
    always some sort of festival / party going on here, seem to hear fireworks weekly for god knows what reason. don't bother me that much, apart from the few times people decided to let them off in a housing area at 3am

Deleted
    I dont hate fireworks well some of them rockets are okay but those firecrackers or banger ( dont know the exact english term ) are the biggest shit they allow us to buy here. ( You can buy on 28 - 31 ) No limitation ( you have to be 18 thats it ). Every fucking time some idiot is to stupid to throw it properly and they lose a hand or they hurt other people with it. I live in a good neighborhood but these nice guys from the other side start with their firework at 12am.Also i know all people that have a cat or dog have a problem. Please consider to take your animal into your basement and close all doors and windows ( never let them outside this day ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Making things go boom is kinda fun, I guess. But I don't waste my money on it. And since I usually have my headphones on I rarely hear them either. If other people feel like setting off some fireworks, HF!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Who hates fireworks during the day?

I do! my country didnt forbid fireworks so everyone and there kids can throw fireworks around. Its annoying.
    It's the only day in the whole year that it's allowed. Get over yourself man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yes and let's not stop there, private people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, cars are dangerous and kill people oh and private people shouldn't be allowed to leave their houses and meet other private people, since people kill people after all, right?
    Muh Freedoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are banned here in Minnesota, but even the police refuse to enforce it. Many of my neighbors shoot off massive cannons here in the suburbs of Burnsville about a 20min drive from downtown. Police never do anything. South metro residents flagrantly boast that they perform better fireworks shows then the city sanctioned one.

Nobody cares about your ears or the stupid laws.

I wouldn't mind them if people just used them at the permitted hours (from 6 p.m on 31st to 2a.m. on the 1st) but some dickheads always have to start a week before and keep using them for several days after. My dog is absolutely terrified of fireworks and refuses to go out and tries to run home in panic if she hears a single bang. It's bad enough I have to spend the eve inside trying to calm her down, cleaning after her and trying to cover the sounds; I'm not doing that for a week just so that some kid canlook at a pretty flash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    My dog is absolutely terrified of fireworks and refuses to go out and tries to run home in panic if she hears a single bang. It's bad enough I have to spend the eve inside trying to calm her down, cleaning after her and trying to cover the sounds; I'm not doing that for a week just so that some kid canlook at a pretty flash.
    For what reason do you have a dog? I hope it serves a higher purpose than companionship otherwise its on the same importance level as the pretty flashs for the kids.

Probably a lower priority than the custom of making noise to get rid of winter demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    For what reason do you have a dog? I hope it serves a higher purpose than companionship otherwise its on the same importance level as the pretty flashs for the kids.

Probably a lower priority than the custom of making noise to get rid of winter demons.
    haha funny thing to compare a pet that can live 10+ years and bring a lot of joy to your family to explosives that you blow up in under 5 minutes.

weirdest thing i've read all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    haha funny thing to compare a pet that can live 10+ years and bring a lot of joy to your family to explosives that you blow up in under 5 minutes.

weirdest thing i've read all day.
    Joy is joy and animals are not playthings in my oppinion.

Joy is joy and animals are not playthings in my oppinion.
    You can get joy from having an animal without treating them like a 'plaything'.

Deleted
    You shouldn't treat animals like a person thats wrong too.

If you get a Dog in the city for your joy its just egoistic if you treat them like a human you have a problem because they have different needs.

You shouldn't treat animals like a person thats wrong too.

If you get a Dog in the city for your joy its just egoistic.
    Where did you get that implication from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Where did you get that implication from?
    If you get an animal for joy what is it other than a plaything?

If you get an animal for joy what is it other than a plaything?
    A companion.

I used to love firework when I was a kid, but these days I can't be bothered to give 2 shits about it, seems like a major waste of money. When the fireworks start launching during new year I just go outside and look at other peoples firework. It boggles my brain how some people over 20 can still be fascinated over firework so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    A companion.
    Considering the power imbalance nope.

Considering the power imbalance nope.
    Luckily I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion on the matter of treating my pet appropriately.

I wonder what kind of prejudice thoughts are going through your mind right now.