Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just found a gem of a case on newegg, had to post it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811233121

I am a huge fan of dust filters, and this thing is the best filtered case ive seen on the market to date. 2 front 120's fully filtered and removable without having to remove anything else from the case. Side panel 200mm fan fully filtered and again removable without having to take any panels off! Bottom psu is the same thing, as well as another bottom filter for an extra fan blowing up. But the big one is the side 200mm filter, ingenious design (watch the video for that). And its all fine mesh like proper filters, not some random foam that would get ruined if you tired to wash it.

Oh but it has more. Full individual 3 speed fan controls for all of the fans, including a fan controller on the side of the case to control the 200mm fan lol. Also has a switch to turn on/off all the LED's on the fans. Case also comes with card reader, which is actually very handy if you have a camera that uses these. Hot swap bay i personally find no use for, but i know its something many of you would take advantage of for backups or whatever. Case also has support for a top 240 AIO cooler like an H100i, as well as removable HDD bays if you wanted to go full on water cooling or just for better airflow (what i would do).

I have been looking at cases for quite a while and i have generally shunned cases with side fans because no one does air filters properly on sides of cases, but this thing changes the game for me. Sure looking at your hardware is cool and all but with this thing the temps you would get could offset that in justifying buying this over one with a window. This is honestly the first case i have found that i have zero criticisms about by just looking at it (usually little things pop up in builds tho). I could give criticisms on every single corsair case, but this thing i see no flaws......and its made by gigabyte?

Anywho just found a case i really like and thought id share it. I havent decided if my next right is gonna be ITX or standard yet but if i got with the latter this is definitely gonna be the case i build in.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really nice, cooling is always my top priority and I admit to not really grasping the point of windowed case (I stare at my monitor, not my case). Good catch. =)

If only it was full-tower, I'd seriously consider it for my upcoming build.

Deleted
    Litten up like a whorehouse imo.

Plenty of cases out there with 3 fans that dont look like some cheap ricer air vent on a Cadillac Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Litten up like a whorehouse imo.

Plenty of cases out there with 3 fans that dont look like some cheap ricer air vent on a Cadillac Sport.
    Then install your own non-LED fans. Way to be uptight.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Then install your own non-LED fans. Way to be uptight.
    The point he's trying to make is that this case hardly stands out from the competition. It's not hard to find a case that sports LED laden fans, a 200mm side fan, built in fan controller as well as some (simple) dust filters.

While we welcome you sharing your opinion on this case, don't expect everyone to share your same point of view.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Obviously looks are subjective, it has a button to turn off LED's btw. Sure its not as sleek as a 750 D but its not offensive looking to me at least. I know there are aftermarket fan filters for high end cases but none are as intuitive as what this case has, plus those filters can really add up in cost to buy the good ones....this already has them and they are easily removable without having to take off panels which is really the best part of this case.

Take HAF 932 just as an example cause it has a side 200mm fan, the filter kit would cost 53 bucks:
    http://www.demcifilter.com/p0113/HAF...ilter-Kit.aspx

To each their own.

My FT02 has outstanding dust filters. While it is a breeze to remove them for cleaning I still have to remove the side panel. That's not a huge deal for me though, and it shouldn't be for anyone after they build their own rig.

Then again, I don't think it would be accurate to begin to compare my Silverstone FT02 to that Gigabyte Sumo. After all, it's more then twice the price and is a whole different kind of beast in terms of cases.

I'm sure someone who's looking into possible cases will happen upon this thread, pickup that Gigabyte Sumo and absolutely love it.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    Corsair 500R white or black depending on your preference

10+ Year Old Account
    Muuuch better case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352031

I too am all about filtered intakes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I had one, the side-panel fan in them isn't filtered - and all the fans in it howl due to the way they draw the air in though punched-hole covers... Nothing pisses me off more than fan howl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I had one, the side-panel fan in them isn't filtered - and all the fans in it howl due to the way they draw the air in though punched-hole covers... Nothing pisses me off more than fan howl.
    I don't have that issue, I guess you just got unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

I regularly suggest the arc midi r2 on this forum, its a great case. I guess the point of this thread was i found a case that literally no one knows about, that could be an option for you.

BTW, you cant just make a blanket statement as "muuuuch better case" you need to break down why you think its better. For one thing, the gigabyte WILL keep your hardware cooler, this isnt debatable. Second, the dust filters are better made on the gigabyte, the fine mesh does a much better job than what is in the front of the fractal (its more of a foam than a mesh, ive owned both styles). Also the spot where you remove the front panel on the fractal is actually behind the filter, so its not even as well filtered in the front as the gigabyte is.

I know every popular case on the market, tons of people have them, i made this post to show there are other cases out there that are worth a look. Its not hard to suggest popular hardware, finding gems like this is what its all about.

- - - Updated - - -

The gigabyte is basically a 500r with better dust filters, and more features (full fan controls, card reader, hot swap, LED on/off) for less money lol.

Don't get me wrong i LOVE corsair, they have taken the case market into the next gen but tell me one thing the 500r has over the gigabyte i linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I like that one a lot. =) Much more simple/subdued. I don't have anything against flashiness, but when it comes to PCs I'm pretty happy with it fading into the background as a faceless paperweight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    The gigabyte is basically a 500r with better dust filters, and more features (full fan controls, card reader, hot swap, LED on/off) for less money lol.

Don't get me wrong i LOVE corsair, they have taken the case market into the next gen but tell me one thing the 500r has over the gigabyte i linked.
    Why the "lol" at the end?

Sure it's $8-10 less. however the 500R is on sale ALL the time, either way not a big deal. Actually with rebate the price is the same currently since it's free shipping.

LED can be switched on/off as well on the 500R.

Sure, I guess individual control of all fans is nicer. The controls on the 500R has never bothered me though, settings is really all I need otherwise I can just connect them to the motherboard.

More/better dust filters are always welcomed if that's the case.

If you need a card reader and hot swap then sure there is some value in that.

Aesthetics and personal taste is difficult to discuss but I think the Gigabyte case looks tacky, plasticky and cheap. To each his own.

No rubber grommets for cables management and the holes are quite small. Looks quite cramped in there, which reviews seem to touch upon as well.

It's a decent $100+ case it seems but I wouldn't call it a gem, unless you consider Zirconia

Its not hard to suggest popular hardware, finding gems like this is what its all about.
    A lot (read; not all) of them are popular for a reason, I don't care about how hard or easy it is to find when suggesting hardware.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-01-01 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have that issue, I guess you just got unlucky.
    I have not noticed the fan howl either and I have exactly zero issues with the 500r. Love that case.

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard

I guess no one puts dust filters very high on their list it seems.

Admittedly i may be a bit of a fanatic but that's why this case appealed to me so much, not only that it has dust filters everywhere but because they are so easy to clean (not having to remove any panels off the case).

The criticisms about having no rubber grommets is pretty superfluous considering there isn't a side window...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetics and personal taste is difficult to discuss but I think the Gigabyte case looks tacky, plasticky and cheap. To each his own.
    That ruins a lot of cases for me, tbh. There's several very highly-rated NZXT and Rosewill cases that I move right past because they look like someone put a stormtrooper in a trash compactor and/or remind me of Alienware.

This case isn't that bad compared to a lot of stuff out there, though. In fact it's really rather classy in comparison to a lot of the flamboyant Mardi Gras floats that tend to masquerade as gaming-marketed cases. :p

To be clear i don't believe this is the best looking case on the market, or anywhere close (600T, 750D, bitfenix prodigy etc). I'm past caring about how a case looks as long as its not offensive (hello apevia). It's function>form for me, but i totally understand why someone could disagree with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    The criticisms about having no rubber grommets is pretty superfluous considering there isn't a side window...
    Because that's the only reason for rubber grommets, right. Potential rattling, some sound absorption (granted could be very minor), not sure about this but could have some impact on airflow/dust? Either way the cable management holes in the Gigabyte case seems lackluster.

Cable rattling? You take your desktop on road trips often, or possibly on roller coasters?

I just found it funny you popped into the thread suggesting the 500r while it has the same basic layout as the case i linked, but because you own the 500r you will defend it to the death even tho it has less features for the money.

Ok so ill even give you grommets (which is a stretch tbh). Outside of that, what does the corsair offer that the gigabyte does not? Or maybe we should take about what the gigabyte offers that is not present with the 500r?

10+ Year Old Account
    By case I thought this was gonna be about another legal case by a website trying to sue someone for leaving a bad review comments. Seems to be all the rage these days.