Thread: Taming help

10+ Year Old Account

Taming help

Once uppon a time in wotlk I had a alliance friend help me take the oil slick wolf in borean tundra. Fast forward to ds working on h spine my pet decided to lose his oil skin. Is retaming possible and if it is any alliance hunters bros wanna help a horde hunter bro out. Would be much appreciated!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Once uppon a time in wotlk I had a alliance friend help me take the oil slick wolf in borean tundra. Fast forward to ds working on h spine my pet decided to lose his oil skin. Is retaming possible and if it is any alliance hunters bros wanna help a horde hunter bro out. Would be much appreciated!
    I believe that pet was hotfixed back then and that's why it lost the effect. It still looked that way after taming because for some reason that pet was bugged and kept it's 'oil' buff after being tamed.

Deleted
    For as far as I know, all methods to tame these kind of pets have been fixed. This includes a few new methods that turned up afterwards and got fixed as time went on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, you can't tame the wolf and get the oil skin anymore. All tricks has been fixed by Blizz.

well dam........not sure how I feel about this *heart clutch* ill be okay. Gonna need to find something new to hunt for
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    You can't get the pet anymore. You lost the effect most likely because you entered the arena. I believe it lost its effect when entering the arena, because I read somewhere about a guy taming 3 of those incase he ever messed up, because he knew it wasn't intended and would get fixed sometime.