Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Any ideas for Windwalker Raid utility?

Blizzard seems pretty receptive to suggestions right now, so I'm wondering if the community here could come up with a balanced utility spell for WWs.

I was thinking maybe they could summon a statue that grants 2 charges of Nimble Brew to players.

What do you guys think? What are your ideas?

Deleted
    A DPS cooldown rather than a defensive one, perhaps one that grants a temporary Mastery boost to the raid.

Give WW healthstones!

Or yeah, a raidwide Mastery buff would be pretty nice and unique.

Windwalker stuff. Maybe a Raidwide Earth Wind Fire spell. All players transform into a monk doing XX% more dmg for 15 seconds. Would make a windwalker must-have

i personally think that monks got some iconic spells they should implement for all classes. like the healing orbs. as a brewmaster i see sometimes my raid full of orbs but only i can collect them. i would like to have them used by m raid, or let them exploded so everybody get some heal. would be cool if that smart healing system from mistweavers can be used by windwalker and brewmaster.

i see a brewmaster raid CD where the ox protecting the raid. like in the twins encounter in ToT. That would be something nice. to have what you have in that encounter for every class. but the thing is, there is already that stuff giving by other classes. mistweaver raising the manapool, windwalker slowing the time and brewmaster shielding the raid. 5 min cd maybe

just thoughts
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Invoke should be a baseline 90 spell. Rework the 90 talent to maybe give us the choice of invoke..

Brewmaster - Invoke:Nizauo for brewmasters (some kind of raid wide damage shield maybe remove avert harm and rework it to this)
    WW - Invoke:Xuen (Same as current but also boosts nearest 5 damage similar to shaman storm totem)
    Mist - Invoke:Yu-lon/Chi-Ji (spellcaster flavour cooldown, maybe % damage of nearest 5 members is converted to damage + healing)

Also give all monks the ability to drop a keg and conjure healthstones.

I like that Mist one, say you get a good 10% of a 10m raids damage turned into healing. Maybe ~1.5m dps turning a good 150k hps as smart healing. Wouldn't be able to last too long, maybe 8-10 seconds as an emergency raid cd kind of deal. Really better as baseline for the ww/br though.
    Last edited by Core461; 2014-01-01 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    would make for an interesting tool for monks, as you would have to choose wisely when you pop it, if nobody was able to dps it would be useless.

I also see them maybe as 3min cooldown for the celestial of your spec but maybe 5min if you take the talent to have the choice of out of spec. Obviously all 3 would have different uptimes and uses within a group.
    Last edited by mmoc0219df0da9; 2014-01-01 at 07:42 PM.

Breath of Shaohao, instant, 5 minute cooldown.
    Encase an area in a dense shroud of mist, fortifying all friendly players within, increasing their total health by 15% and healing X% health per second for 8 seconds. Consumes up to 4 chi. For every chi consumed, the monk will receive a personal benefit depending on spec.

Brewmaster: Grants the monk the "Blessing of Niuzao", which increases the effectiveness of the monk's guard by x% (stacking up to four times). Lasts 1 minute.

Windwalker: Grants the monk the "Blessing of Xuen", increasing their damage done by Y% (stacking up to four times) for 15 seconds.

Mistweaver: Grants the monk the "Blessing of Yu'lon", increasing the amount of chi generated by chi-generating attacks by 1 for Z seconds (stacking up to four times).

Could be tweaked a bit but this would certainly give a bit more defensive raid utility to monks as well as provide a little something for themselves. Probably not the best idea, just made it up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Invoke should be a baseline 90 spell. Rework the 90 talent to maybe give us the choice of invoke..

Brewmaster - Invoke:Nizauo for brewmasters (some kind of raid wide damage shield maybe remove avert harm and rework it to this)
    WW - Invoke:Xuen (Same as current but also boosts nearest 5 damage similar to shaman storm totem)
    Mist - Invoke:Yu-lon/Chi-Ji (spellcaster flavour cooldown, maybe % damage of nearest 5 members is converted to damage + healing)

Also give all monks the ability to drop a keg and conjure healthstones.
    I really don't get why people are trying to make the level 90 tier into a raid cooldown tier. You're only going to make one of those talents be essentially mandatory for each individual spec. At least with the current iteration there's a choice between some of the talents for each spec. If we need more spec-specific utility it shouldn't be shunted into our talents. That's not what they are for.

Deleted
    My point was the 90 talent Invoke: Xuen be moved to a base spell that you get at 90 and would be dependant on spec, the talent in place of Xuen would be the ability to cast any of the 3 choices but now on a 5 minute instead of 3 minute cooldown giving you the ability to bring the healing cooldown as tank but with a 2min time penalty perhaps lowered duration, also All 3 would share the same cooldown and perhaps leave a "exhaustion/sated" style debuff to stop stacking.

Probably would mean the other talents need reworking, RJW or the torpedo. Would seem a little lacklustre as WW you would always have Xuen and could choose RJW, the ability to use the other cooldown instead of Xuen or the roll. Mists would always have Chi-Ji/Yu-lon etc..

That's still basically a no-brainer though, I don't think that's an elegant solution.

The only talent that really needs to be reworked for that tier as it is right now would be Chi Torpedo, as brewmasters almost never use it at all.

Switching out Xuen for another DPS cooldown isn't hard. Turning that slot into a cooldown that doesn't offer a straight DPS increase ruins the flavor of the tier and as you said would likely force a revision of the other two talents. That's a lot of effort for something that's largely unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong, I do actually like the meat of your idea... but I think that making it a talent option is the wrong way to go and I just don't see why a lot of people try and put it in that way. Yes, it does reduce the number of buttons we have and that is an issue, but I'm not sure that getting rid of an extra button is worth the revision and re-balancing of an entire tier of talents.

Gah, I'm just being The Mister Criticism right now aren't I?

I think WW should get 2 different statues, a statue of Xuen that increases the entire raid's crit damage and a statue of Chi-Ji that increases the entire raid's max health by 20% and reduces damage taken by 10%. Oh, and a carbon copy of Hand of Sacrifice with no damage cap and no glyph needed would be nice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that would go well would be if we got better buffs. As it stands, we're just copies of druids. Druids are also leather wearers, with their melee specs getting crit, and all their specs getting stats. The problem is that we don't even get anything else, unlike boomkins who get an additional raid buff. I'm fine with WW getting crit, but BrM need either mastery, stam, or AP, while MW need spell haste, mastery, or SP (preferably mastery and spell haste, respectively.) It would help to fill certain gaps out that I've seen in my time raiding. The ones we usually have the hardest time getting are mastery and spell haste.

On the topic of new utility, monks are known to be one of the best classes in the game at movement, so they should get additional ways to increase not just their own, but other player's speed, like a priest's feathers but a new kind of sphere, maybe called an adrenaline sphere. Works the same way as a healing sphere but when a player steps on it it gives them the same buff as the feathers. You could possibly even make Tiger's Lust a baseline ability for MW and put the adrenaline spheres in it's place.

Another idea would be a tiger statue. Apparently they were thinking of putting this in, but couldn't figure a point for it. My idea was that when you did a certain amount of damage while in the radius of the statue, it would give you a buff similar to the legendary cloak, causing multiple quick claw strikes. Between the statue, the adrenaline and healing spheres, you could prepare the entire fighting area ahead of time to give you the best possible chance of succeeding!

Remember that 10 man raiding won't exist anymore, so any current problems with getting a hold on all 8 buffs will be practically nonexistent if that's your experience. No one will really care who gives what buffs anymore.

and what about a raid energizing brew? for mana,rage,energy. used like a healthstone. 2 charges. looking like a keg.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larinah View Post
    The one thing that would go well would be if we got better buffs. As it stands, we're just copies of druids. Druids are also leather wearers, with their melee specs getting crit, and all their specs getting stats. The problem is that we don't even get anything else, unlike boomkins who get an additional raid buff. I'm fine with WW getting crit, but BrM need either mastery, stam, or AP, while MW need spell haste, mastery, or SP (preferably mastery and spell haste, respectively.) It would help to fill certain gaps out that I've seen in my time raiding. The ones we usually have the hardest time getting are mastery and spell haste.

On the topic of new utility, monks are known to be one of the best classes in the game at movement, so they should get additional ways to increase not just their own, but other player's speed, like a priest's feathers but a new kind of sphere, maybe called an adrenaline sphere. Works the same way as a healing sphere but when a player steps on it it gives them the same buff as the feathers. You could possibly even make Tiger's Lust a baseline ability for MW and put the adrenaline spheres in it's place.

Another idea would be a tiger statue. Apparently they were thinking of putting this in, but couldn't figure a point for it. My idea was that when you did a certain amount of damage while in the radius of the statue, it would give you a buff similar to the legendary cloak, causing multiple quick claw strikes. Between the statue, the adrenaline and healing spheres, you could prepare the entire fighting area ahead of time to give you the best possible chance of succeeding!

You don't think BRMs have a good raid utility? Sanctuary of the Ox has saved my butt quite a few times.

Deleted
    Just a few..

Red Crane Statue - Stores damage dealt by the Monk over x (say 30) seconds and after the duration expires the damage is released periodically as healing to the most-injured 5 raid members over the next 15 seconds. (time ratio could be 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 etc.)

Red Crane Statue 2 - For every stack of Tigereye Brew consumed, heal the most injured party member (up to 10) for x% of your damage dealt over 15 seconds.

Xuen's Alacrity - Increases all raid and party member's movement speed by 80% for 5 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc486af0d625; 2014-01-02 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Just as long as we all agree on Monks (Windwalker especially) needing utility, be as critical as you like. We aren't the devs so all our ideas are pie-in-the-sky, its just good fun to throw them about.

Maybe WW could bring something like Karma of Xuen Dropping a statue of Xuen, all damage taken by the Monk and his X closest allies is stored up to Y and reversed back as damage over time.

Make Xuen baseline, Invoke Celestial Statute new tier 90 talent. MW gets a healing statute, WW gets a +dmg statue of some sort, and BrM gets a dmg reduction statue.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Windwalker stuff. Maybe a Raidwide Earth Wind Fire spell. All players transform into a monk doing XX% more dmg for 15 seconds. Would make a windwalker must-have
    They redistributed Bloodlust to other classes for a reason.

At this point I feel like they should remove others cooldowns, versus give us one. Spreadsheets on Thok are rather stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    At this point I feel like they should remove others cooldowns, versus give us one. Spreadsheets on Thok are rather stupid.
    /sign
    I'd say scrap all raidwide CD's from DPS (and maybe tanks). You should bring a dps for dps not for heal. I'm actually not against hybrid speccs when it fits, i.e. an ele being able to place a Healing Rain, fine by me. But then it has to come to some sort of a cost! Not how it is now...
    It's just not fair for en e.g. enhancer to bring crazy offheals + a ton of 'hidden' damage (Stormlash totem) + the same dps as a WW monk.
    They should defenetly cut down on raid/heal-CDs (or rebalance)