Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    You don't get it, Even if you're doing that, The value of that product is whatever they're worth in the AH at that given time, If they sell in the ah for 20g/stack and you go make something that sells for 15g then sell it, you just cost yourself 5g, regardless of where you got the mats or how much time you spent on them.
    There's always the issue with how well stuff sells. If you can AH your cloth at 20 gold a stack, but you get undercut a lot and you'll have to re-list it constantly, it can be better to just craft bags if those sell more reliably. Even if the cloth ends up selling for more, it can potentially cost you a lot more time to sell it all.

In the case of small realms, you might not even be able to sell all your cloth if you farm a lot of BC raids/dungeons, no matter how hard you try.

There's more to it than just the gold value. From a gold making point of view, even considering spending time on Netherweave cloth is a gold loss. With the price Netherweave stuff sells for, you're better of doing just about anything.

Personally I just vendor whatever Netherweave I find and if I have the desire to sell some, I'll craft some with the several hundred cloth and bolts I have lying in a bank somewhere. Vendoring at this point is the most time efficient thing I can do with it, especially in between dungeons/raids when your bags are full.

You don't get it, Even if you're doing that, The value of that product is whatever they're worth in the AH at that given time, If they sell in the ah for 20g/stack and you go make something that sells for 15g then sell it, you just cost yourself 5g, regardless of where you got the mats or how much time you spent on them.
    Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttt.....

Except no. At the highest, on my server, you MIGHT sell a stack or two of netherweave at 50s or 10g per stack with a minimum 12 hour posting at 48s. Now, netherweave bags cost an additional 40s for the thread and 12s for the posting. I guess I'll point out that you can reliably sell bags for 12-16g per constantly while cloth stacks sell sometimes.

So... in the end, I can post shit that doesn't sell and lose silver per posting or I can make something that is more likely to sell and gain SOMETHING. Besides, most severs, I'd be surprised if you can move cloth for more than 35s per.

Yea with people trying to get alts up before the expac, bags are moving quick.

I bought 12 of the 16 slot netherweave bags alone this week.
    Last edited by clault; 2014-01-07 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttt.....

Except no. At the highest, on my server, you MIGHT sell a stack or two of netherweave at 50s or 10g per stack with a minimum 12 hour posting at 48s. Now, netherweave bags cost an additional 40s for the thread and 12s for the posting. I guess I'll point out that you can reliably sell bags for 12-16g per constantly while cloth stacks sell sometimes.

So... in the end, I can post shit that doesn't sell and lose silver per posting or I can make something that is more likely to sell and gain SOMETHING. Besides, most severs, I'd be surprised if you can move cloth for more than 35s per.
    Having cloth cheap on your realm doesn't change the fact that it has a value. In your case you look the value up based on the highest priced product made from those mats instead of looking at the mats instead, A smart tailor would use this to their advantage and buy the underpriced cloth to make bags. This isn't rocket science.

Having cloth cheap on your realm doesn't change the fact that it has a value. In your case you look the value up based on the highest priced product made from those mats instead of looking at the mats instead, A smart tailor would use this to their advantage and buy the underpriced cloth to make bags. This isn't rocket science.
    I could waste the investment doing that, as could anyone else, but for those of us who farm Xmogs constantly, I think we can just stick to the 400+ bolts we get out of that each week instead. Pretty sure that makes the profit margin MUCH higher.

Also, I really wish people would not confuse real world Economics with WoW.

Personally, I make the Imbued Netherweave Bags. You can easily farm the required Netherweb Spider Silk in Karazhan. As you enter, turn right. Kill all the spiders in those first couple of rooms, getting 6-10 silk. Exit Karazhan, reset, repeat. In less than ten minutes you can do this five times, getting 40+ of the silk. Wait an hour (for the multi-dungeon debuff to expire) and repeat until you have all the silk you need. Requires some enchanting mats to make the cloth/bags, but I'll assume you have an enchanter to D/E all of the greens that you acquire in your dungeon runs.

On my realm these 18-slot bags sell for about six times what the 16-slot bags sell for. Considering the amount of mats required for each, the Imbued bags would appear to be the more cost efficient item for selling purposes. At least they are on my realm. I suggest you check prices on your own AH to determine which would be more profitable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chyrr View Post
    Okay, first of all i'm not sure if this is the right place but still let me ask it.

I am obsessed with running TBC heroics every day and right now im stacked with 4k of Netherweave Cloth in my guild bank.
    So the question is, what the hell am I going to do with it ?
    I don't recall a time when bags didn't sell. Its a pretty much reliable seller. The 16 slots are the first ones most alts buy. You could like some mentioned get into the TBC Shuffling market. Like craft gear and DE them. Arcane Dust sells pretty well on my realm at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I could waste the investment doing that, as could anyone else, but for those of us who farm Xmogs constantly, I think we can just stick to the 400+ bolts we get out of that each week instead. Pretty sure that makes the profit margin MUCH higher.

Also, I really wish people would not confuse real world Economics with WoW.
    They're not nearly as far off as you seem to think.

Main difference is there's nothing from stopping you from creating a monopoly here, and the fact that most people don't require a steady income to stay alive/pay for stuff, everything you make is completely optional.
    However your time still has a value, your items still have a value, Choosing to throw them away is completely your choice, Doing so is just as stupid as going to the gas station 20 mins further away to save 1c per litre/gallon on gas.

As mentioned before, You are 100% able to do whatever you want, But to say "insert item here" is worth nothing is a blatant lie. The proper argument would be "My time is better spent in other areas".

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, netherweave sells quite well. As bags or just the stacks - both, really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Something I forget at time but may be better than making bags if the market is utter shit. Convert them into heavy nether weave bandages which sell better per one than 2 cloths would
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I agree with the imbued netherweave suggestion by an above poster if you have the extra mats handy. They've sold better for me, but ymmv depending on server economy, obv.

Deleted
    I would say make some bags. They sell for a lot considering the cost of making them. At least on my realm.