Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Wrong.

All sorts of different development teams worked on cataclysm.

For the new models it's only the team that designs new models that are working on them.
    And what new models have they been developing over the last 10 years?

End sarcasm: So your saying Blizzard has one team for model generation? I think not.

Deleted
    Why would someone deny the need for upgrading and refining a game that has been released so many years now? Is there a contest for the biggest wow fanboy that im unaware of ? Cuz the OP clearly deserves it.

I think people are quite confused; the new models actually have a separate team working on them. It doesn't matter how much time or effort is spent on the new models; it will not detract from any PvE/PvP related content; just as time/effort spent in the production line of a corporation/business has no effect on the marketing branch.

Deleted
    The new orc model looked just fine. Gnome female looked less cute, and now my angry tauren warrior will look like a combination of dog and dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    The new orc model looked just fine. Gnome female looked less cute, and now my angry tauren warrior will look like a combination of dog and dinosaur.
    The Gnome female looks less cute than the pile of crap the old model was?

Also the Tauren isn't animated yet. They just have the skeleton.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't like it therefore Noone else likes it, IT IS A WASTE!!"

That is how childish you sound.

Deleted
    just have one question, when you have your new character models, what you gonna do then, stand there looking at it forever while drooling?

somewhat pointless imo

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I honestly agree with the OP new character models add nothing new to the game experience. After raid content is cleared I guess a lot of people plan on sitting there staring at their characters rather than have new content to do.
    How is this worse than today where we finish the raid content and stare at the existing models?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

New character models are the only thing that interested me about WoD. Doubt I'd have bought it otherwise.

Until they upgrade the gear textures and stop making chest/leg pieces look painted on, your character will still look terrible. Pandaren have the best looking models in the game technology wise, yet they still look like crap when you put gear on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    just have one question, when you have your new armour and weapon models, what you gonna do then, stand there looking at it forever while drooling?

somewhat pointless imo
    Could be said about everything in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    just have one question, when you have your new character models, what you gonna do then, stand there looking at it forever while drooling?

somewhat pointless imo
    just have one question, when you have your new raids, what you gonna do then, stand there fighting the same old boring bosses while dealing with the same mechanics that are just repackaged/recycled with some new animations?

somewhat pointless imo

After seeing the animations for Garrosh's new model which will most likely be the new orc animations, I am supremely confident that Blizzard isn't wasting their time on the race revamps.

BTW for the new Godzilla movie, they should just use a guy with a costume. Would save alot of work ya?

Deleted
    Updated models (including updated animations) will have a huge impact on the whole gaming-atmosphere. Blizzard is definitely not wasting its time. In fact the updated models are the feature which makes me most excited about WoD and I bet that I am not the only one.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2014-01-02 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Could be said about everything in-game.

armor and weps give stats and i don't care about looks anyway, i MAY consider to do so if they make like a charisma system, the better look you got the more stats you get rofl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    just have one question, when you have your new raids, what you gonna do then, stand there fighting the same old boring bosses while dealing with the same mechanics that are just repackaged/recycled with some new animations?

somewhat pointless imo

i dont raid, im more of a pvp person, that's why i quitted WoW long ago but still check forums, just maybe sometimes in the future blizz will make the pvp good again

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually theres an art team and a team for dungeon design.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Well I understand where you're coming from, and I won't deny that I partially agree.

But character models are more than just the graphics of the face, they also include animations like jumping. And the difference between the vanilla races and pandaren, or even worgen/goblins, are immense, and they are directly noticable.

Yesterday I stood before three gnome quest givers - and they really look extremely ugly. Let's face it, the graphics were outdated when the game was published, and now, almost 10 years later, you cannot even argue that they are "comic style" when you see what animations and looks the pandaren have. Like the ingame graphic improved over the years, I actually expected the player models to be updated without much fuss about it - to announce it as a "feature" for wod seems quite desperate.

To say the update of the player models does not take away development time from other parts of the game because "another team" is working on it is quite delusional - it's quite obvious if they would'nt work on the models they would work on something else, or the money they cost would be spent somewhere else in the development department. But I say the time spent for updating the models is well spent, and long overdue.

The comparison with the cata leveling updates is quite bad, since this change only affected people that were leveling, and not all players like the character updates. Even if you don't play a vanilla race, other people around you do, and not to forget the thousand npcs.

I agree, for me personally the new models are a complete waste of time and by far the least appealing aspect of WoD (though I think everything else looks fantastic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I agree, for me personally the new models are a complete waste of time and by far the least appealing aspect of WoD (though I think everything else looks fantastic).
    Well from the looks of your sig, you like to make your characters look hideous anyway, so it makes sense you wouldn't like new better looking ones.