10+ Year Old Account

~$300 to upgrade graphics

Hello once again, computer forums!

My friend is finally ready to upgrade his GT420 into something that can handle a wide variety of games and has given me the budget of "200 to 300 to spend".

When I bought my HD 7850 with a 520W PSU a couple years ago, I remember the cost coming close to $400 CAD. Looking at my same card, he could attain something similar for a lot cheaper, something that performs like mine but hopefully within his budget.

What do you guys suggest for someone who's going to be mainly be playing WoW and League-level games with the odd year-old title thrown in? Any other info you need?

- - - Updated - - -

MFW I realize there's a specific sub-forum for questions like this.

It's been a while since I've posted for build help here. ;_;
    Can I...request that this be moved, or would it be okay to copy/paste this thread over there?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    A 270X or GTX 760.
    760 is 5 % faster at 1080p but will cost 45 $ more.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts about this R9 270x and this one?

These cards would need a 500W PSU, correct? Also, Fascinate, your links don't work since I'm in Canada. They're Newegg.com links that redirect to Newegg.ca's frontpage.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Those reviews speak for themselves. Thanks man!
    [/url]

Normal Radeon crap. They put out a new card and the driver's blow plus they get hot as hell easy and are loud since the fan's are running so high and long periods of time. $300 isn't much to spend for a video card, at least not in these times.

Np my man. Just a tip, never take reviews very seriously on newegg lol, id say 90% of negative reviews are user error.

R9 280x when the price goes down to $300 again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Normal Radeon crap. They put out a new card and the driver's blow plus they get hot as hell easy and are loud since the fan's are running so high and long periods of time. $300 isn't much to spend for a video card, at least not in these times.
    What makes people say something like this?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    What makes people say something like this?
    No clue. Haven't had a single problem with my HD 7850 and I've gamed on it every day for almost 2 years. *shrug*

ATI isn't a company like Dynex...they don't make shovelware graphics cards ._.
    [/url]