Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you the same in game as you are irl?

Over the course of my time playing wow most of the guilds Ive been it that being a super short list have consisted of people that live int he same state, or not too far out. The guilds have been established for a long time so they have anual guild meet ups. We had our last one @ MArdi Gras since most of the guild lived in texas lousiana and a few other southern states.

The gms mom owns a huge town house so i was asked to go, I go and we all party in Nola and what not. One thing I found interesting is from the crowd of guildies that went a good 75% of them are pretty much how they are in game. Personable, sociable, easy going, normal, drunk folks. The remaining 25% where interesting and every guild has them and thats the huge dbags, well the dbags where actually pretty reserved and pretty quiet, didnt drink etc. and the one guy that is usually pretty quiet was the most out there person irl. Now in game I go for transparency as in I act the same way I do in game as I do irl.

My thought process is, its too much work to act different in different settings so be the same everywhere is less work. So what say you mmoc?
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-01-02 at 09:51 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm absolutely the same person in game & guild as I am in real life. I bet if I met my guildmates they'd all call me Dars.

i'm slightly more outgoing and such online in general. and online, i'm not shy about being very open about sexual things, but irl i'm not like that.

I have no idea what you just wrote there. Most of it doesn't make sense, are you drunk?

Infracted. Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-02 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm absolutely the same person in game & guild as I am in real life. I bet if I met my guildmates they'd all call me Dars.
    thats how I imagine some of my server friends. A lot know me on a first name basis but most call me a shortened version of my toons name
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine I'm more laid-back while gaming.
    I mean, if someone told me that they'd rape my mom irl, i would probably hit them in the throat..
    I like juice

yep i prefer to be solo IRL and in game

Deleted
    im even more badass irl

Deleted
    I'm not because there's a ton of thing I would say IRL that would lead me to a ban in game.
    But when it comes to vocal, yes, i'm the exact same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bald, 7 foot tall female orc? No sorry.
    Aye mate

I think I am the same in IRL. Can't say for sure since I don't pay attention to what I'm doing or saying. I don't even understand my own personality xD I have never been in a raiding guild up until late MoP ( 5.4.2 ). I've always wanted to be in a small but serious guild. While it's not that serious or small, it feels very cozy to have 10 people in the game that call you some shorter version of your nickname and ask you if you want to join this evening's raid personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    A bald, 7 foot tall female orc? No sorry.
    will you carry me in your swole arms into the sunset please?

@Kuragaloz yeah thats what im talking about when youre talking in mumble, vent, paper cup and string, whatever. When im in a instance I just say whatever i jsut try to dress it up to get around the possible temp issue
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the guy that never says a word in vent or guild chat unless spoken to first ... so yeah pretty much the same as real life.

Very good question. Actually, I'm slightly different irl. Perhaps friendlier and I don't get angry so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm largely myself no matter the format. Only thing is maybe people who I communicate with in text might expect me to be more talkative if they assume I'm just the same verbally. Really I'm always the quiet one in the room... written communication just takes the brunt of being the outlet for what there isn't much of in in person.

I'll never talk someone's ears off... now talk their eyes out via reading is a different matter.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-01-02 at 10:28 PM.

I'd say I'm the same - nice, easy going, up for a laugh, all of the good stuff... Once I get over the shyness in RL, that doesn't pester me online. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same person to my guildies (never met anyone else on my server that I know of) both on and offline, just came back today from seeing the main two guild members who I'd consider close friends despite only seeing them twice irl, along with one that hasn't played in a while, and all three seem to be the same aswell, very nice, caring people

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    yep i prefer to be solo IRL and in game
    I see what you did there!
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2014-01-02 at 10:33 PM.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pretty much this. My druid's original name was Katdurid, and I still perk up when I hear someone say "cat" or "kitty". T_T

I also tend to do stuff for free for folks. By now I could've turned a profit on all the stuff I give out, but it's just not worth it to me. Not in a game anyways. :P

I'm pretty shy and reserved irl, especially around people I don't know. I'm completely the opposite in-game. On forums, I have a tendency to be a total dick (sorry!). So, yeah, that's 3 completely different personas.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...Funny thing,at our guild meeting everybody recognized me , and i never link any of my photos,facebook,instagrams etc..