[BrM] Quick Xuen question

The tooltip for Xuen says that for Brewmasters, he'll taunt the target. Does this work against raid bosses? Because while I usually use RJW for its usefulness in picking up adds, there are some fights (Malk, Juggernaut) where I'd prefer to have Xuen for extra DPS.

Xuen doesnt taunt raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugme View Post
    Xuen doesnt taunt raid bosses.
    Ooh. Good to know!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably be using Xuen on CD (or as close as possible, depending on damage buff/burst phases, stuff like that) for most fights to increase your dps, even if there are a couple adds up due to his cleave. The only fights in this tier I use RJW for are Galakras and Spoils (10m normal mode - MAYBE Garrosh for p1 adds and such).
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Deleted
    Remember that Xuen scales with your attack power, and thus with vengeance. Try to use it when you've got high vengeance for most of Xuen's duration for maximum deeps. On our previous Thok kill (10h), two Xuens were good for 29.5m damage. If I'd just used it on cooldown, its damage would be much lower.

Also, Xuen has a pet bar nowadays, you can turn off its taunt autocast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xuen doesn't taunt raid bosses but he will taunt raid minibosses like the people on top of the towers on galakras, seems to take less damage, so we can do tower 1 with 0 healer up there since xuen takes all the damage. Tower 2 miniboss will kill him fast though, but good to pull out of your pocket in a pinch.

I use RJW on Immersius, Protectors, and Galakras, for everything else I use xuen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    I use RJW on Immersius, Protectors, and Galakras, for everything else I use xuen.
    Why use RJW on Immerseus? The adds aren't stacked enough for RJW to be worth it.

Protectors, yeah, I could see that being useful for picking up Rook's adds, and maybe adding some more DPS/picking-up protection during the shadow bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why use RJW on Immerseus? The adds aren't stacked enough for RJW to be worth it.

Protectors, yeah, I could see that being useful for picking up Rook's adds, and maybe adding some more DPS/picking-up protection during the shadow bubble.
    Heroic Immersius, Immersius will gain a buff equal to 1/2 his energy. When you hit him it will put a magic debuff on you that stacks + spawn 1 add. So at pull there will be 50 adds how he had 50 stacks, 2nd time he will have around 80 so he will spawn 40 adds. Just makes it easier to pick them up and do more damage.

For protectors, we keep all 3 stacked in the middle so RJW generates a chi almost all fight, essentially replacing 1/2 your jabs. Rook splits? Pull 2 of them on he/sun. He breaks up? Pass the debuff to someone in the middle. Sun breaks up? A lot of small adds.

Heroic Immersius, Immersius will gain a buff equal to 1/2 his energy. When you hit him it will put a magic debuff on you that stacks + spawn 1 add. So at pull there will be 50 adds how he had 50 stacks, 2nd time he will have around 80 so he will spawn 40 adds. Just makes it easier to pick them up and do more damage.

For protectors, we keep all 3 stacked in the middle so RJW generates a chi almost all fight, essentially replacing 1/2 your jabs. Rook splits? Pull 2 of them on he/sun. He breaks up? Pass the debuff to someone in the middle. Sun breaks up? A lot of small adds.
    In my experience, even when maintaining a close cleave stack on protectors Xuen out damages RJW by far. I'm talking a 50k+ dps difference here. It takes more then a constant 3 targets for RJW to out dps Xuen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In my experience, even when maintaining a close cleave stack on protectors Xuen out damages RJW by far. I'm talking a 50k+ dps difference here. It takes more then a constant 3 targets for RJW to out dps Xuen.
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ewmaster_Monk/

9/10 of the top 10 BrM used RJW, one used xuen. I've been dpsing the fight for the last few resets and just let our Blood DK solo tank it. WW Cleave is good <3

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ewmaster_Monk/

9/10 of the top 10 BrM used RJW, one used xuen. I've been dpsing the fight for the last few resets and just let our Blood DK solo tank it. WW Cleave is good <3
    Do you ever have problems with Rooks stun and Gouge happening at the same time while one tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Goil View Post
    Do you ever have problems with Rooks stun and Gouge happening at the same time while one tanking?
    It's similar to paragons, they take turns using abilities. He can stun and as soon as it's off use gouge, or the other way around. Granted I don't think it's ever lined up within 2 seconds of one or the other anyways.

As the paragons thing, they also take turns using abilities. Some abilities will be used during others, some never will. Aim will never happen during a calculate for example.