Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Nope. If you delude yourself into believing that Frank Miller knows anything about history, as opposed to being a dangerous, stark-raving-mad wingnut with a tenuous connection to reality, Sparta might look ok.

Frank Miller is not a historian. Frank Miller is a guy who writes propagandist graphic novels.

Here's reality. We know practically nothing about Sparta. They kept almost no written records. We have a few historic accounts written mostly by Athenians over a 400 year period.
    Ha, I don't trust anything written by those boy loving Athenians.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Ha, I don't trust anything written by those boy loving Athenians.
    Well, since they're the only ones who wrote about Sparta...and wrote that Sparta enforced pederasty among the ranks...and pedophilia was a capitol offense in Athens...you have exactly two problems. First, Spartans were state-sanctioned boy-lovers. Second, no one else wrote about them. So where's your model of society coming from, since it's obviously not history? Frank Miller's arse?
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

It's actually hard to spot a real psychotic let alone one who is like murderous kind of dangerous. Functioning psychotics in society get a pass and are just called dicks or something else and nobody bats an eye. That is why.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    It's actually hard to spot a real psychotic let alone one who is like murderous kind of dangerous. Functioning psychotics in society get a pass and are just called dicks or something else and nobody bats an eye. That is why.
    They are called successful CEOs! ;D

Where would the line be if you're crazy enough to go to prison or not?

For some reason people see things here as a black and white issue. A mentally challenged person who kills someone is not simply "sick" or a "criminal". they are a "sick criminal". On that note, prison does a much better job punishing people while giving them some mental health care than mental health facilities give mental health care and punish criminals.

I've considered for a long time that I'm a sociopath in the sense I find it hard to feel what someone else feels aka empathy. I mean I can see what they are seeing in a sense or see logical patterns but to me emotions are kinda iffy. I feel emotions for myself but when it comes to others it's hard and at times I'll feel no guilt if I lied about something or if I fucked something up. I also find hard to not be straight forward with people and tell them they messes up here and there (I work in the IT field and deal with clients that are not so bright so I try and be nice to them and not outright accuse them etc.). But I find nothing wrong with how I am and I feel I contribute to society in my own way and I still feel the normal happy/joy emotions but I rarely find myself sad even after a break up etc. Point being I just find it hard to see how others feel or to put myself 100% in their shoes so to say.

Does this mean I'm crazy or a danger to society? Fuck no, I find myself able to work more productively and focus on tasks at hand and ignore other things to get shit done. I have no urges to harm others rather I kinda enjoy helping kind people and I love learning new things. People should be given a chance to get help in the end as somethings go unnoticed and they need help with it.

OP is suggesting that we lock every single person that is potentially sociopathic and therefor a 'lost cause' in OP's eyes away for the rest of their lives.

OP is displaying sociopathic behavior.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You're hilarious.

Medication and management of the conditions can mean they live normal fulfilling life's, as law abiding citizens.

Why kill someone due to something they cannot control?

Why stop there, let's kill people with down syndrome and mental retardation too actually; If we follow that train of thought.
    I hate to break it to you, but if this nut got loose and started murdering YOUR family, you'd be out for blood and you know it. You'd be the first up to yell about how this world is going to hell in a handbasket and no one is doing shit to stop it.
    And fyi, putting people retardation and downs in the same circle as murderers with mental disorders makes me wonder what is wrong with you?
    I bet you also fit paper airplanes together with jet airliners?

Also, if retarded and downs sufferers also murdered people, fuck yes, I'd help line em up for execution.
    I looney murderers rights<<<<<<the rest of us who follow the rules and ....don't murder people?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's another one of my paranoid delusional scenarios, but every now and then a prisoner will escape from a mental hospital or a prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but if this nut got loose and started murdering YOUR family, you'd be out for blood and you know it. You'd be the first up to yell about how this world is going to hell in a handbasket and no one is doing shit to stop it.
    And fyi, putting people retardation and downs in the same circle as murderers with mental disorders makes me wonder what is wrong with you?

Also, if retarded and downs sufferers also murdered people, fuck yes, I'd help line em up for execution.
    I looney murderers rights<<<<<<the rest of us who follow the rules and ....don't murder people?
    Odds are they won't be. I hate to break it to you but appealing to emotion doesn't work either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    OP is suggesting that we lock every single person that is potentially sociopathic and therefor a 'lost cause' in OP's eyes away for the rest of their lives.

No, but you're exhibiting silliness. Cause what you are doing is taking what someone is saying and twisting the shit out of it until it's completely a different thing.
    Like if I took you saying that OP is displaying sociopathic behaviour and then said you were saying the entire of mmochamp is displaying sociopathic behaviour.
    Yes it is. That's what you're trying to pull.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account

the rest of us have the cognitive ability to know murdering is wrong / recognize our impulses for what they are and dont do them. If their brain is incapable of letting them understand a situation or why something is bad, they shouldnt be put to death for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    define crazy, lots of people accuse other people crazy for the wrong reasons and usually they aren't so crazy in truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but you're exhibiting silliness. Cause what you are doing is taking what someone is saying and twisting the shit out of it until it's completely a different thing.
    Like if I took you saying that OP is displaying sociopathic behaviour and then said you were saying the entire of mmochamp is displaying sociopathic behaviour.
    Yes it is. That's what you're trying to pull.
    Except he is right though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Odds are they won't be. I hate to break it to you but appealing to emotion doesn't work either.
    Okay I will appeal to reality instead.
    Reality says the vast majority of people who live normal lives and pay taxes and don't murder and are not crazy, get to make the rules, these rules are called laws. And the laws say, lock up the fucking murderers, because they kill people. Got something to say to that?
    You want to let the stabbing, raping, murdering bastards run free and do their thing do you?
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Spartans actually had a decent-ish society imo.
    You should try learning of them via sources other than the movie 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except he is right though.
    No he's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I will appeal to reality instead.
    Reality says the vast majority of people who live normal lives and pay taxes and don't murder and are not crazy, get to make the rules, these rules are called laws. And the laws say, lock up the fucking murderers, because they kill people. Got something to say to that?
    You want to let the stabbing, raping, murdering bastards run free and do their thing do you?
    Brilliant.
    Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never argued to want stabbing,raping, murdering bastards to run free and do their thing. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. Seriously if that's all you can fucking do then I think you should not enter debates.

No he's not.

Yes he is.

If a person believes they have potential sociopathic behavior and are a *Lost cause* and kill them off. Well it'd be hypocritical.

Warrior-Magi

I hate to break it to you, but if this nut got loose and started murdering YOUR family, you'd be out for blood and you know it.
    If they were mentally incompetant, no I wouldn't. Retribution is wasted on those who cannot comprehend it. It would be analogous to torturing an animal - cruel and pointless, a reflection of one's ugly bloodlust, and with no justice found.

You should ask "what's wrong with every first-world country on earth?" ...do you not grasp the notion that someone (generally) has to be mentally sound and capable of understanding what they've done, to be subjected to the harshest punishments we have (be it life imprisonment or execution)?
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts