Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Over half of women can't pass minimum military training.

Gross Feminists: "We want equality!"

Military: "Women can't pass basic military fitness program."

Gross Feminists: "Lower the requirements, we want equality!"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...llups/4294313/

Deleted
    More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pullups
    What... that's just... no...

I'm all for them being able to enter the frontlines, as long as they can adhere to standards that are equal.

A soldier is a soldier, don't assign gender to it, let it be genderless, add the standards to it, those that pass pass, those that don't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Equality is having equal opportunity. It does NOT guarantee equal results.

Idiots... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    What... that's just... no...

I'm all for them being able to enter the frontlines, as long as they can adhere to standards that are equal.

A soldier is a soldier, don't assign gender to it, let it be genderless, add the standards to it, those that pass pass, those that don't...
    You sound like the Patriarchy, and a misogynist!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Equality is having equal opportunity. It does NOT guarantee equal results.

Idiots... -_-
    Read the article. Due to mass, embarrassing failure of women not being able to do basic fitness training, the military is delaying the implementation of these requirements.

Equality is all about special treatment these days.

We want to be equal so we want to be treated special!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can do 9 pullups. I must be elite soldier material.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

That's ignorant, enemies should treat women with respect on battlefield and give them some handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Everyone equal, I say.

If that is the same standard men are kept to, then the female applicants should be expected to complete the same minimal fitness. Kind of goes without saying; Sex shouldn't really matter.
    Men and women both have seperate standards I believe. The 3 minimum is for women. Men I think might be 8.

I believe some time ago there was a thread that dealt with a similar topic. Some people who were actually in the military chimed in and commented on the laughably low fitness requirements for female trainees/recruits (being permitted to do push-ups with their knees on the ground, etc).

Not sure if that sort of thing still happens; but it wouldn't surprise me in this age of affirmative action/positive discrimination.

Political Ideology will never reflect reality. We have to accept them. Nothing will stop lowering of military requirement for woman. Liberal side is in power, will be for considerable future given how conservatives are handling themselves. We have to make peace with the fact that just because woman will be allowed to be marines even if they don't meet the requirements, not many will actually try to be marines. So, bottom line nothing with change. The only bad thing is that Feminists now can say Woman are equal to man in every ways.

Though it is surprising, they can't do 3 pushups, thats just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    You sound like the Patriarchy, and a misogynist!

- - - Updated - - -

Read the article. Due to mass, embarrassing failure of women not being able to do basic fitness training, the military is delaying the implementation of these requirements.
    I did. Hopefully the requirements wont be lowered, and instead the women work harder at passing. I'd rather see no women get in than seeing a few get in only because of lowered requirements.

Although by dely, I hope they mean they wont be taking in anyone until they are finalized, instead of letting in unqualified women until they can figure this out.

Considering the things soldiers have to do when they are needed the standards should be the same, gender should not even be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Men and women both have seperate standards I believe. The 3 minimum is for women. Men I think might be 8.
    Whoa.

Just wait until some transgender, born a male, who wants to be in the military sues so he can have the female fitness requirements.

True American degeneracy.

I feel safer already.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I skimmed the article but might have missed it. Does it say what percentage of men fail to hit the minimum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Hm, that sounds pretty implausible. While I'm aware there's been gender differences on a lot of things, women only doing 37% of men's minimum has got to be an exaggeration!
    The article I read stated said 3 was min for both, but men needed a higher count for perfect score

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I can imagine a soldier wanting to be boosted up over a wall and their partner cant give them a boost with all that gear.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Whoa.

Just wait until some transgender, born a male, who wants to be in the military sues so he can have the female fitness requirements.

True American degeneracy.

I feel safer already.
    I think the more interesting question is how these fitness requirements were derived. Whether it be 1, 3, 8, 20, or 100 pushups--what does a particular number supposed to represent in real-world scenarios? I'll start being concerned when people don't pass the minimum when someone clearly explains why the number is important vs. just being an arbitrary line in the sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    That's ignorant, enemies should treat women with respect on battlefield and give them some handicap.
    This, all you people are monsters with your male privilege.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real test will be when they go to ITB, those ruck marches with a shitload of weight will weed out many.

Women are weak and slow. They have worse reaction than men and their decision making in life-critical situations is hysterical and illogical.
    They should never be in the army. The enemy does not care about "lower standards for women", if you are slow and weak they will kill you regardless of your gender. And assault riffle is equally heavy for both men and women.

The good side of having women in army is that it will reduce violence towards civilians, there would be less civilians rapes, less children kills.
    Also it would make us army weaker thus reducing the damage to countries they are invading.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-01-03 at 12:25 AM.