General Destro Grim Sac question

Hello Warlocks -

I played a mage for a number of years as a main, but I'm not much a fan of the direction they've taken the class. Arcane is boring, Fire is frustrating if you're unlucky, and I'm kind of indifferent to Frost right now.

While I'm maining a healer these days and liking it a lot, I am an avid Alt player and have tried to play the mage, but I'm still not liking it much. I've never had a warlock at max level, mostly because I'm pretty bad at pet micromanagement.

This is from a PvE perspective (I'm not much of a PvP'er), is Grimoire of Sacrifice a viable option for a Level 75 talent the majority of the time? As I said, I'm bad at pet micromanagement (attacking random things, pulling other packs, all the stuff bad hunters do). If I could run Grim of Sacrifice all the time and not be frowned upon, Destro would play much more interesting to me than current Fire Mage is.

This xpac has been kind of frustrating to me from an alt perspective. I like my new resto shaman main a lot, but I've been hopping around on numerous alts from class to class trying to find one that I enjoy, and I haven't been able to find any that I really like. I like the potential of the Warlocks (not talking about dps capability, just playstyle/fun), but I'm intimidated by a pet class. I just want to know if it's ok for me to run Grim of Sac all the time to be petless.

Destruction runs GoSac these days yes. You use a pet when you're in fights where you aoe a ton otherwise you pretty much always use GoSac.

Forgive my ignorance (my warlock is Level 76 so far) but you would use the pet in those AoE fights because the damage bonus of Grim of Sac doesn't apply to Fire and Brimstone'd spells, correct? Or for some other reason?

I think if it was a once in a while thing it wouldn't bother me much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance (my warlock is Level 76 so far) but you would use the pet in those AoE fights because the damage bonus of Grim of Sac doesn't apply to Fire and Brimstone'd spells, correct? Or for some other reason?

That is true, I personally use GoSac in AoE fights as well. The reason being is if you have more embers which you usually do in heavy-AoE fights you will be able to SB / CB more as well as both spells doing more damage with GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post

Yes.

The situation only comes up for overly heavy aoe fights (think heroic siegecrafter depending on your strat) otherwise it doesn't really matter. For instance on Hgarrosh I still use sac even though there's a bunch of aoe at the start of the fight and again during the 2nd intermission as well as during mind controls since I spend more time cleaving and single targeting.

Deleted
    It is viable now, who knows what the future will bring though. It seems that Blizzard wants warlocks to be mostly a pet class.
    Anyway, you shouldn't be afraid of pets. The hunters you've seen are just bad. You (mostly) don't need to micromanage your pet. It will attack what you attack and will not pull any other packs unless you attack something from that pack first or they attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yes.

The situation only comes up for overly heavy aoe fights (think heroic siegecrafter depending on your strat) otherwise it doesn't really matter. For instance on Hgarrosh I still use sac even though there's a bunch of aoe at the start of the fight and again during the 2nd intermission as well as during mind controls since I spend more time cleaving and single targeting.
    Not to mention the whole pet not remembering to attack and then if you don't remember you are just wasting DPS (HGarrosh wise).