Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Here's a thought: Rather than being automatically happy with what I've got (I am happy with what I've got, by the way, but not just for the hell of it), I could be MORE unhappy with what this woman and all people like her not NOT have.

After all, she lives in poverty because of things that we could solve. Not by sending more money, but by improving logistics and pushing for further globalization, taking the best from all systems, and ditching the worst from those systems as we go along.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    That sounds like bullshit.
    Professor Hubert Farnsworth: The problem with both parties is that they want to give your tax dollars to the less fortunate.

Fry: The less fortunate get all the breaks!

That sounds like bullshit.
    Keep in mind that their username is Heineken. A company I support, honestly; they're doing great stuff. But their beer is filth, though extremely popular with the less educated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I know I have it better than a whole lot of others in the world, I only had to talk to my grandparents to establish that fact.

Sadly, after growing up with seeing wars, conflicts and all the other misery in the world on TV, in newspapers, online and so on.
    I must say that I have more or less stopped caring, however cruel and insensitive that is.

At least I know that my country spends a lot of money helping others who struggle. Too bad we don't seem to care about our own that suffer in poverty and the like.

What is wrong with that is that it implies that you can't get worse or better if you are happy with what you got.
    Happiness should not be associated with your economical stability. The whole point of welfare is to give a boost to not be the bottom of the ladder, Illegal immigrants are stuck there until they fix their paperwork, and stop blaming multi-billion dollar corporations for taking something you never had, it gets old.
    It's from an episode of Futurama

Its not that "we cant complain because someone somewhere has it worse". we can, its essential for human development to be unhappy with what we have, this is the reason we create new things and make up new solutions, to be content is to stagnate and stagnation is death.
    But we should also do something about their own situations, in one way or another, to help as many as we can if they cant be helped by their governments

Deleted
    Jesus fuck that video is physically hard to watch for me. It's just repulsing that it's come down to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    Jesus fuck that video is physically hard to watch for me. It's just repulsing that it's come down to this.
    same here man. you're the 1st person to actually reply about the video rather then 'pointing' out to me about the title i used for the post.
    some apparantly read that am not really for progress. wich aint the case at all.

Deleted
    Lik omgz lel, my mommy got me a black iphonz, i rly wnted whte lolz.

Seriously though, i have it better than the majority of the world, and i live in a somewhat deprived background, i won't forget it; Just please stop doing the "Sharin dis 4 real deepz maenin".

We know, we know, we have it better, we know that because i'm a white male i've faced no comparable discrimination that was rife barely 20 years ago.

Deleted
    Thing is...people who never had alot of stuff don't really feel like they need it.