Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh does not end up leading the Iron Horde?

"Garrosh gets things set in motion, but then things are out of his control. We will see him for a while and then find out what happens to him."

I think this is the first indication that I have seen that Garrosh will not be prominent in the storyline as the leader of the new Iron Horde.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Didn't they mention at Blizzcon at some point, either during a panel or an interview, that Ner'zhul had his own vision of how the Iron Horde should be or something to that extent? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, and if I am then I'm betting on Garrosh being thrown off by Grom or getting deceived by Gul'dan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Garrosh.. thanks for the cool new weapons of war

Your Welcome, NOW FOLLOW ME TO CONQUER THIS PLANET ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PORTAL

umm, why what wrong with conquering this one.. seriously dude, we are gonna stretch supply lines to their limit march through hostile territory while the Dranei pick us apart potentially meeting a force to stop us, march through the portal to a world that will have all the tactical advantage there is over us ..why?

UMMM RAWR ORCS

Ya, you are now written out of the story.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Would you let some random orc who you've never met before lead your clan/horde just because he brings technology?

Blizzard never gave us the impression that Garrosh would be a leader in WoD, just that he'd bring them technology and information.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    I think this is the first indication that I have seen that Garrosh will not be prominent in the storyline as the leader of the new Iron Horde.
    This is no indication, they specifically stated that Garrosh will not be an important figure in WoD. I can't help but think of what happened to Kael...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Actually, this is nothing new, they said over and over again that Grommash leads the Iron Horde and that Garrosh was only the plot trigger for the story, that things would spire out of his control.

Being beheaded (one of the more likely outcomes for Garrosh) by his father was merely a set back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, this is nothing new, they said over and over again that Grommash leads the Iron Horde and that Garrosh was only the plot trigger for the story, that things would spire out of his control.

I really hope Garrosh's pride is taken down a beg. It...would feel sooooooo good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Garrosh gets things set in motion, but then things are out of his control. We will see him for a while and then find out what happens to him."

Really? Because it was mentioned repeatedly at Blizzcon. Any indiction otherwise has not been made - its crystal clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I really hope Garrosh's pride is taken down a beg. It...would feel sooooooo good.
    I get the feeling he'll probably end up being a cronie to Grom. He'll later realise he's got no power at all and that his father cares nothing for him (even if he knows who he is), so he bitterly turns to Gul'dan in an attempt to retake control for himself. Gul'dan will then gladly use him as a tool as well in an attempt to summon Mannaroth to Draenor to enslave the Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Didn't they mention at Blizzcon at some point, either during a panel or an interview, that Ner'zhul had his own vision of how the Iron Horde should be or something to that extent? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, and if I am then I'm betting on Garrosh being thrown off by Grom or getting deceived by Gul'dan.
    I think so. So much has been written or speculated about old Garrosh. Just know that it had not been discussed much on this forum. Maybe Grom doesn't like his own kid either, lol?
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Blizzard is going out of their way to make sure he's a minor character. There would be a loud outcry if we had to fight him in a major way again after all but killing him for months in Siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Really? Because it was mentioned repeatedly at Blizzcon. Any indiction otherwise has not been made - its crystal clear.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I get the feeling he'll probably end up being a cronie to Grom. He'll later realise he's got no power at all and that his father cares nothing for him (even if he knows who he is), so he bitterly turns to Gul'dan in an attempt to retake control for himself. Gul'dan will then gladly use him as a tool as well in an attempt to summon Mannaroth to Draenor to enslave the Orcs.
    If Kairos has the technology and he builds the dark portal, why does he even need Garrosh, except as a patsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Would you let some random orc who you've never met before lead your clan/horde just because he brings technology?

Blizzard never gave us the impression that Garrosh would be a leader in WoD, just that he'd bring them technology and information.
    Not just this, but come on, what happens in fiction EVERY TIME someone tries to use someone else more powerful as a means to an end? The more powerful person kills him off and takes over. Every. Damn. Time.

Here's an example:
    https://www.cloudy.ec/v/d78b18edcd6f5

Fast forward the video to the 8:40 mark if you're not a Justice League fan (note: the dude in the labcoat is Garrosh)

It's not the first indication. They said at Blizzcon that he was just the guy that gets the ball rolling, not the main bad guy or anything

no, weve known this since the announcement at blizzcon.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Not just this, but come on, what happens in fiction EVERY TIME someone tries to use someone else more powerful as a means to an end? .. if you're not a Justice League fan (note: the dude in the labcoat is Garrosh)
    This should be a wee bit different because the guy coming with the goods is your own son from another dimension.
    P.S. I still have my original Justice League comic books, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

ding ding! They said at blizzcon early on that Garrosh just brings about the formation of the Iron Horde. Why the hell would a bunch of horde clans let some random Orc with cool technology overrun their clans? They'll probably have Garrosh get his ass handed to him and it'll make the other orc leaders look severely OP.

I hope his father guts him.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Orcs aren't known for their intelligence nor forethought ...
    Blizz rewrite much? First they were supposed to be intelligent, peaceful loving creatures. Then they were warring barbarians. Now, they are what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Orcs aren't known for their intelligence nor forethought so the answer to that question is a resounding "yes" as the majority unquestioningly went with Gul'dan's plan and drank demon blood in the primetime line. Garrosh's plans completely interfere with Gul'dan's plans. Gul'dan is/was talking to Kil'jaeden at this point in both timelines. Garrosh is arguably going to be vocally fervorous about warning the old Horde about the dangers of demons.
    Demons are bad......

unless it's Shadow mages and it's all good
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi