Deleted

Logitech G930 Problems(headset)

Didn't know where else to put this thread but here goes,

I received my g930 headset today, and I started to charge it immediatly, but now almost 7 hours later it still says it's about 3-6 more hours until the headset is fully charged and it isnt changing at all in the logitech gaming software program.

I have tried to disconnect the charger and use it wireless instead, but it only says I have about 2 hours left of battery time until I have to charge again. In the manual it said about 2.5 hours for a full charge but it has obviously taken way longer than that.

How do I fix this?

Deleted
    The first time you charge something, you should always charge it a lot longer than suggested. If you remove it before that, you'll vastly reduce the life of the battery. It's like that for any battery, just be patient and make sure you fully charge + deplete the battery the first few times.

The battery of the G930 (in my experience, I have the headset too) is very bad though and it has to be replaced once a year or even more often. I've had mine for 1 year now without changing it and I can't unplug it from the charger without risking the battery to die. If it dies, I have to charge it for 1-2 hours to even be able to use it WITH the charger plugged in.

So be patient, make sure you charge it completely the first few times.

Try using an AC Adapter that puts 5v+ out (AC to USB Charging Adapter) instead of a computer. If you use the computer use ports directly off the motherboard, not front headers. I forget what charging setup that headset has.

It might as well be related with the software you are using. Logitech Gaming Software is I should say, one of the worst I have ever seen.
    ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/headsets/
    Head up here and try 100364b, fixed many problems I had with the LGS, has its own problems, but much more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    The first time you charge something, you should always charge it a lot longer than suggested. If you remove it before that, you'll vastly reduce the life of the battery. It's like that for any battery, just be patient and make sure you fully charge + deplete the battery the first few times.

The battery of the G930 (in my experience, I have the headset too) is very bad though and it has to be replaced once a year or even more often. I've had mine for 1 year now without changing it and I can't unplug it from the charger without risking the battery to die. If it dies, I have to charge it for 1-2 hours to even be able to use it WITH the charger plugged in.

So be patient, make sure you charge it completely the first few times.

This isn't 2001 headsets don't use NiCd batteries. Lithium ion betteries like this head set has have almost no memory.

First of all don't pay too much attention to the remaining battery on the software, that's an estimate, the only thing you should pay attention is when the "Low Battery" notification on the taskbar pops up, thats when the headset needs a charging. If you really want to know if the headset is fully charged you need to pay attention to the amber(orange) light which is near where you plug the mini usb to the headset for charging, when that light stop blinking and stay still, the headset is fully charged.
    Last edited by Kon; 2014-01-04 at 08:49 PM.