Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Need Help - Cat Names!

So, tired of being a single-cat household and looking to adopt. Most promising find so far has been two 3-month old tabby boys in a local rescue that are FIV+.

Anyway, looking for some solid nerdy names - perhaps WoW themed - that may suit them. Our current cat, also a tabby, is named for Hawke from Dragon Age 2. I'd like to capture the same unique and potentially badass vibe for these two boys <3 I've considered Varric as a potential name, but I don't think there's any creature on this earth awesome enough to deserve that moniker.

Suggestions? Nothing too ridiculous, please - I can't even stand giving my WoW characters joke names, let alone a living creature who'll have to answer to it (and be registered at the vet with it) for 16+ years.

Deleted
    Ghost, Shadow, Goliath, Tempest, Fiddlesticks - that's about what i come up with from the top of my head

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one could have an orc name and the other a human name? Like Thrall and Anduin maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Ghost, Shadow, Goliath, Tempest, Fiddlesticks - that's about what i come up with from the top of my head
    Aww, I have a special place in my heart for Goliath <3 Great name. Unfortunately, one of my previous fosters, a huge solid black kitty, earned himself that name

I really enjoy ordinary old school names for some reason. Frank, Gary, Harold, etc. I don't know... that just seems like a cat.

Deleted
    Garrosh and Lei Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I really enjoy ordinary old school names for some reason. Frank, Gary, Harold, etc. I don't know... that just seems like a cat.
    Those seem more like people names to me :P Not that there's anything wrong with naming your cat/dog Molly, Max, etc. Just not my style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad they're both male.... Mankrik & Mankrik's wife ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Too bad they're both male.... Mankrik & Mankrik's wife ftw.
    Haha, I know. There's plenty of "couples" names that could be used, if only one was a girl. Not quite so many "brother" names :/

Deleted
    Beavis & Butt-head?

Quote Originally Posted by alinaya View Post
    Haha, I know. There's plenty of "couples" names that could be used, if only one was a girl. Not quite so many "brother" names :/
    Sam and Dean!

I just call them all Kitty! And every dog Puppy.

But if you want to name them after a badass male duo, I would go with Goku and Vegeta, or maybe Rick and Shane instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Sam and Dean!
    My friend had fish named Sam and Dean Finchester :3

Too bad they're both males, Nidalee and Rengar. Could still name one Rengar, I suppose :b

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have always liked the name Banskey for a male cat. (Like the Artist)

~Spazzer

Choonki. My cousin who's native language is Spanish tried to say "He is chunky" to my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoa View Post
    My friend had fish named Sam and Dean Finchester :3

Too bad they're both males, Nidalee and Rengar. Could still name one Rengar, I suppose :b
    Name the other (Dr.) Mundo, because Mundo, just as a cat, goes where he pleases!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hank and Bobby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Name the other (Dr.) Mundo, because Mundo, just as a cat, goes where he pleases!
    Oh Jeezuz, I would have named mine Mundo had this thread come out about a month and a half ago, instead he is Schrodinger, because you find yourself asking "Where the devil is he? Is he even inside? *Aerial assault kitty to the chest* There he is..."
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Deleted
    Not a fan of "fantasy" names. I always think it's better to pick some characteristic or personality trait and use that as the basis for a name. However, if you really want fictional character names then match the personality of the cat. Not all cats are "bad-asses" :P Most of mine are total babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Bigglesworth obviously.