Thread: Seriously!

Seriously!

Who the hell designed this game? Monkeys?

First of all having to upgrade internet explorer really pissed me off.
    Second the game is downloading at a freaking snails pace. .3mbps????? Wow downloads at 6mpbs!
    Third the whole setup process has just been a complete nightmare.

Is this game really even that good? I watched some youtube videos and it looks kind of bland compared to wow.
    I am only trying it because a friend is trying it because her bf plays.

When I went to check the price I noticed it was only 15 dollars... Its only been out a few months and its already that cheap? Are they desperate or something?
    I have a feeling im going to regret spending that 15 dollars.

I grew up playing FF7, 8 and 9. After those games I really lost interest because it felt like the games changed so much.
    I really hope this game doesn't disappoint me and ruin my childhood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its passable.

Ya Guild Wars 2 was better... I'm not a fan of console games like I was when I was younger and that's exactly what FF14 is. The graphics weren't all that great and the loading screens.. Waste of fifteen dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Is this game really even that good? I watched some youtube videos and it looks kind of bland compared to wow.
    I didn't read anything else but this peaked my interest. Take off the homer glasses and don't judge a game on a video clip (not just ff14 but any game). Wow looks boring from just watching videos too.

So, why did you need to update internet explorer? I never use that program. Didn't use it for FFXIV ARR that is for damn sure. Still it doesn't hurt to use an updated browser, if you ARE using IE; since apparently you don't use Firefox, Opera, or Safari, all which works fine with FFXIV sites for me.

Second; can't help your interwebs or maybe a hop between you and they; mine downloaded fine.

Third; from the two above, sounds like it is all coming down to user error and outdated software/hardware.

WoW seems pretty bland to me; but I had played it for many years and they have changed the way a lot of classes played, quite a few for the sake of being less challenging. The world has no real day night cycle, and is starting to show its age and capabilities of its engine.

It was $30 new with a free month; $15 on sale isn't bad; it is basically like getting the game for free for a month sub.

If there was any game I'd pay a sub for, it'd be FFXIV; but atm, I don't pay for anything because I don't have the time to invest in something and any amount is not worth it when I have a ton of free games to use in my minimal free time.

This isn't a single player RPG. This won't feel like FFX or VII. In fact, VII, VIII, and IX didn't feel much like each other either, because they used completely different systems; VII using a materia system at its core; while VIII you could use items to buff yourself and focused on the summons much more. IX changed it yet again trying to not make the same mistakes as in VIII with the abusable system of stealing stacks of items early and becoming stronger than intended.

You could relate this more to FFXI, though it is different in many ways. In case you didn't know; this is a relaunch of a game; but it was tore down to bare bones and rebuilt from the ground up and barely recognizable from its original incarnation, hence the 'A Realm Reborn' and all those cinematics, story, and cameos of characters from the first run.

You very well may not like it, and with a pessimistic negative attitude towards anything you approach in life, you are surely to not enjoy it as much as you could if you just let go of your hate and bitterness and just enjoy something once in a while.

The game is good, but not for everyone. Just like any, other, game on the market.

Ya Guild Wars 2 was better... I'm not a fan of console games like I was when I was younger and that's exactly what FF14 is. The graphics weren't all that great and the loading screens.. Waste of fifteen dollars.
    The loading screens are 1-2 seconds if you are on a SSD. But you know what? Since CRZ, you have something worse in WoW ... NPCs despawning and spawning when approaching them. Lag when crossing zones that push you to different host servers. Loading screens may be only for instances and major travel; but they exist.

You can feel GW2 is better, quite valid opinion. It is a different game marketed for a different person. I'm quite sure that game has loading screens as well.

I however don't put much weight in your opinion of FFXIV, since you hadn't even played it for a half day. You'd not even be much more than 10 on a single class, and in that sense, not every class is for everyone. You have no idea what the game is like in a couple of hours. You'd hate to hear a 2 hour review of WoW with no other context or effort, especially if one played a class that just didn't fit them.

And all in all, I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that you aren't just a troll that tried to set up a bash thread and it didn't quite work out as planned.

'Hey, you know this game I don't like much that I've never played and barely looked into, here are things I don't like about it that are completely unrelated to the game itself, and I'm sure to be as dismissive in as short a time period as possible to prove my initial assumption with no basis ... game sux, amirite guise?'

There are games that suck; but this isn't one; WoW isn't one, SWtOR isn't one, Tera isn't one, Rift isn't one ... ESO might be one, because I -wanted- to like it so much, and it was a huge disappointment so I could possibly be heavily biased. Aion sucked for me, but some liked it ... but if I were to take my bias about all the things I don't like about current WoW, I'd be inclined to say it sucks; even though it doesn't. I hate how my favorite specs play now. I can't stand some of the decisions they've made with progress, design, and social interaction. But the game itself is still a great, very strong title that just happens to be far from perfect and it is being made clear by having more and more competition that do different things right for different people while WoW itself does a great job at being a jack of all trades and will remain quite successful for many years to come barring something absolutely mindbogglingly stupid being pulled.

Lighten up, and take your hate elsewhere; or give some real, respectable criticism after giving the game a real chance. Otherwise, you look like a kid who was told to eat his veggies, put the smallest piece in their mouth and then throws a fit because they'd rather have McDonald's happy meal instead. (I think I just unintentionally implied that WoW is the McDonald's of MMORPGs)

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    blah blah blah I think I lack a life. Chances are I'm probably a loser blah blah blah.
    Lol, fanboys spazzing.

I grew up playing FF7, 8 and 9. After those games I really lost interest because it felt like the games changed so much.
    I really hope this game doesn't disappoint me and ruin my childhood.
    Good news: You get some awesome 2h weapons, and can live out your fantasies of being the next Cloud/Sephiroth. You can off the hat option to show off your character's spiky hair! You can tank with said 2h weapons (though it's an Axe to give you a heads up, but Cloud could probably rock a 2h axe* like he rocked a 2h sword).

I liked 7 until I got older, and got over my angsty teen phase. I didn't mind 8 (Breezy is the best town track!), but 9 sucked.

Bad news: It takes a while to really get into the game because your first class, and the 1-25 content drags. The new patch really improved the game. If you stick with it, you might like it (your mileage will vary).

*Maces > Axes > Jousting Lances > Spears > Swords. Just saying, bro.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-01-05 at 09:20 AM.

For some reason I kept getting some error message when installing FF14 because my internet explorer was out of date.

I played the game some more and it does have some really cool features. Im already bored with it though..

This has to be a troll post, just delete it mods. lol