Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I gotta admit I did this a few times just for the laughs... sometimes you gotta give in to your inner troll. People will be *furious* with you, if I kept it up I wouldn't be surprised if I got death threats lol. You can't get banned from this from what I've seen, people were doing this less than a month into the patch and nothing happened to them.
    You only need to give into your inner troll if you're too weak, immature, or selfish to resist, assuming that you're immature or sadistic enough to have one in the first place.

It's disappointing, but not surprising, to see how many selfish jerks there are in this thread who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

Tbh i tend to sit up there myself, because it's more peaceful than being down with that obnoxious crowd that keep dragging adds in so you constantly have to be aware of the surroundings. I do go down before he dies though, after i found out it gave some people issues *shrug*
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I miss 2004 and before hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It is dickish but it isn't against the rules.
    If it's hindering other players without purpose it actually is. Make a ticket. If 1 ticket doesn't work make 3-4 more...some GM's will tell you to fuck off even if your right.

I'm not subbed so I'm not sure if there is anything to gain from killing him somewhere high. I'm assuming there is no gain by the I read the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    the "report them" generation.. you all disgust me whiners and babies, this is what wow became a kindergarden. If a person uses no hack or doesnt exploit glitch anything, you have no right to report him-her. All you can do is go on the offical forums and cry like the baby you are there, not about the person does this but for they let this happend. Be a man dont cry for a game be smart admire smart people and dont be jelaus because they having fun and you cry.
    Last edited by Puxycat; 2014-01-05 at 03:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    the "report them" generation.. you all disgust me whiners and babies this is what wow became a kindergarden. If a person uses no hack or doesnt exploit glitch anything you have no right to report him-her. All you can do is go on the offical forums and cry like the baby you are there not about the person does this but for they let this happend. Be a man dont cry for a game be smart admire smart people and dont be jelaos because they having fun and you cry.
    It's against the rules of the game to hinder other peoples gameplay if there is no point next to fucking other people over. Theres a difference between doing something once to see what it is for giggles and repeating it to seek pleasure in screwing other people over.

Why have rules if you don't enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    If they did that, they'd have what, a couple thousand players left at best?
    If they started banning people for being a douche, they'd get a lot more new players and returning players to make up for the ones that got banned, I can assure you.

Plus, easy solution on PvP servers: put an Ellie Shaman or Boomkin up there, and when he spawns, Censer of Eternal Agony up and Thunderstorm the douchebags off the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It's against the rules of the game to hinder other peoples gameplay if there is no point next to fucking other people over. Theres a difference between doing something once to see what it is for giggles and repeating it to seek pleasure in screwing other people over.

Why have rules if you don't enforce them.
    I guess anytime someone announces a rare has spawned in general chat, and kills it without giving others enough time to get to it is hindering other players. Same could be said for people with high dps killing a rare within sight of you before you can get in range to hit it. By your logic, anyone using dps cooldowns on Bufo, Gu'chi, or any low hp rare when they aren't really necessary needs to be reported for hindering other players.

While I agree that pulling Houlon at that high location is a pretty bad behavior, I don't think it breaks any rules. Anyone can get up there, and since Houlon has a fairly reliable respawn cycle, you dont have to wait up there the whole time. I did not get the Houlon mount or the 'Going To Need A Bigger Bag' achievement by assuming everyone around would be patient or nice. If you are waiting for a rare spawn in a place where you are not guaranteed to tag it if it spawns, you really only have yourself to blame for missing it.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    I personally think it's wrong, because they're NOT up there to avoid coin farmers, and they're not up there just so they can "up their chances of the mount". They go up there to make you and everyone else upset, and I think for that it should indeed become a bannable offense, as it is a form of Indirect Harrassment.

What are your thoughts?
    They're being jerks, but there are no rules against being a jerk. Some people stay subscribed for the sole purpose of making someone else's life miserable. Either this is "as designed" or this is really a design flaw. If it's the latter expect to see it corrected shortly. If I had any say in the matter I would give Huolon an attack that collapses the building, instantly killing players on top of it. Unfortunately I don't have any say in the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Adapt or dont. Dont call it greifing becuase tactics change and your to lazy to adapt. This game allready has enough hand holding, imagine if doing anything that upset someone else was bannable, it would need to be renamed hello kitty island adventures.
    2edgy4me
    /10chars
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    the "report them" generation.. you all disgust me whiners and babies, this is what wow became a kindergarden. If a person uses no hack or doesnt exploit glitch anything, you have no right to report him-her. All you can do is go on the offical forums and cry like the baby you are there, not about the person does this but for they let this happend. Be a man dont cry for a game be smart admire smart people and dont be jelaus because they having fun and you cry.

The "Me, me, me generation", where all people care about is themselves, and their own enjoyment. So much so to the point that they will hinder the gameplay of others to annoy them for their own amusement. This is what WoW became, a high school. People should stop being babies and enjoy the game without having to unnecessarily be a dick to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest grievers in the game are the developers. Why would they care, hell they probably designed it this way on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The biggest grievers in the game are the developers. Why would they care, hell they probably designed it this way on purpose.
    Have to agree. I mean, they could EASILY change this mobs spawn point to be nearer to the ground. The fact that it spawns so high up - they must have realised lots of people would try to tag it that high, especially as it drops a mount! On that basis, i'm pretty sure it's working as intended. The Devs are just trolling you all.

Deleted
    On my server, some people will even get mad if someone pulls Huolon at Cinderfall's bridge or Ordo's graveyard, which are easily accessible by (almost) everyone.
    The funny thing however is: These are the very same people that ride around in guild groups of 3 or 4 and finish off all rares in seconds without announcing them at all. So it can be relatively funny to do it just for the lols.

Creative use of game mechanics unfortunately. You can't force people to be nice.

Get the censer, along with some other likeminded people. Then, get up there and kill them. Easy. You even get bonus points for it being out of revival range and making them spirit res.

That's the best part about the censer. You don't need to just swallow your jumps if you're on the same faction anymore. You can deal with it personally.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-01-05 at 02:54 PM.

Hi all, on a few high populated servers, a new fad is taking over.

This particular fad is by flying high just outside the timeless isle, flying inward and getting dismounted, then using the glider purchased using timeless coins to land on the building that is Huolon's exact spawn point. Now this spawn point is high in the air, and out of range for anyone on the bridge.

Essentially, that sounds like no problem, right? But no. Players have begun doing it for the sole purpose of upsetting other players on the ground. The players who do do this kind of activity claim that they cannot be banned because they weren't doing anything wrong, and essentially they aren't. However the sole purpose of doing this is to upset multiple players instead of verbally abusing 1 or 2.

So long story short, the players attack and kill huolon, leaving all other players on the ground getting upset because the players refused to take it down to a level where they're all suited.

I personally think it's wrong, because they're NOT up there to avoid coin farmers, and they're not up there just so they can "up their chances of the mount". They go up there to make you and everyone else upset, and I think for that it should indeed become a bannable offense, as it is a form of Indirect Harrassment.

What are your thoughts?
    Houlon griefing is nothing compared to the people who are getting quite expert at dropping every mob on the lower plateau on people.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2014-01-05 at 03:03 PM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    just an off topic question, does this method work for reachin the rarespawn elemental that has a chance to drop a pet? (forgot the name of it, red colored pandaren water elemental)
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Hi all, on a few high populated servers, a new fad is taking over.

This particular fad is by flying high just outside the timeless isle, flying inward and getting dismounted, then using the glider purchased using timeless coins to land on the building that is Huolon's exact spawn point. Now this spawn point is high in the air, and out of range for anyone on the bridge.

Essentially, that sounds like no problem, right? But no. Players have begun doing it for the sole purpose of upsetting other players on the ground. The players who do do this kind of activity claim that they cannot be banned because they weren't doing anything wrong, and essentially they aren't. However the sole purpose of doing this is to upset multiple players instead of verbally abusing 1 or 2.

So long story short, the players attack and kill huolon, leaving all other players on the ground getting upset because the players refused to take it down to a level where they're all suited.

What are your thoughts?
    they are doing nothing wrong. they are taking the kill for themselves. yes, it may frustrate people who are not smart enough to go to the same place and do the same thing, but the people doing it are NOT griefing others, they are NOT cheating, and hence NOT banable.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Creative use of game mechanics unfortunately. You can't force people to be nice.
    Yeah, the right thing to do in this case is to just join them ... not kill it more than it's necessary, but kill it for yourself nevertheless. Just be ready to get a warning or 3 day ban ... because cleaver use of mencanic is very narrow bridge to cross. Depends on how Blizz looks at it you can get some sort of punishment.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.