Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Be top or accept the chance to miss the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Either your server is completely dead or you have some serious problems with your feel of time... Even the ship and the shark usually don't last more than ~20-25 seconds on my server, stuff like leafmender, spelurk, zesqua and other extremely low hp rares die literally in 5-6 seconds.
    I don't think the addons should even have the ability to announce the spawns of those low hp rares. What's the point? Even a single player can kill some of them just as fast as any other elite.

Obviously Blizzard doesn't agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Cant believe the number of people here trying to justify obviously obnoxious behavior!
    Indeed.

There was such player on my realm killing Huolon on top every time it spawned with few friends. It died in a minute or so.
    I wish Blizzard's game masters finally started doing their job and perma banned all players who do that, game would be better off without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of bitching is beyong limits here. "Mom they are ruining my game experience"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you can only hunt rares, kill things, do whatever quests come up if it meets X standard? You keep describing what the concept is but contradicting that concept by saying people can't kill huolon in X way because its greifing. Putting aside time so you can be near Huolon spawn isn't disruptive as well? You still have to camp rare spawns if you hope to tag them. They die that fast. Which is as disruptive as someone putting in the time to pull him as soon as he spawns.
    The other camped spawns are easily accessible and fit the mold of discovery and do what you want. having to go out of your way just to get to huolon through various means is against that.

But it doesn't matter your inability to comprehend simple things will prevent anything i say from reaching. Blizzard fixed it. try to philosphise it anyway you want but that's it. it was griefing.

Deleted
    They fixed this though, why you still talking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    They fixed this though, why you still talking about it?
    This. ^ I agree with the change. Seems like the only people pissed off and upset about it are the people who were doing the asshat thing. Whatever.

At this point, it's all about the schadenfreude drawn from the broken and awful people actually upset that they can no longer do this. Thanks Blizzard!

Deleted
    I think they should be harder on this kind of behavior and shut out those kids that do it from the game for 3 days or so if they get caught doing it.

Im glad though they finally fixed it, you're a terrible person if you get upset by that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    Oh kid you got burned, big time! No more griefing for you now how does that feel huh!

The amount of stupid people defending the griefing in this thread just mirrors on how terrible a big part of the WoW community is still.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2014-02-07 at 01:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If no one can access that location then how was it pulled there?
    Read the thread including all other replies then post. You might have saved yourself some time and some embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    While pulling him to strange locations might could be considered griefing, not waiting for a pull can be considered mean. At the very most.

If anyone wants to blow him up on his regular spawn point, they have every right to do so.
    Sure as long as everyone has just as much of a chance at tagging. Pulling him to a spot inaccessible to most is griefing. Sorry this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    People really need to stop complaining about stupid trivial shit
    At this rate people will consider losing a duel or a arena match as 'griefing' because it disrupts their gameplay.........
    I'll take overreaction for 100 Alex.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It is dickish but it isn't against the rules.
    Actually it is:

If you read the TOU here you will find under section 7.C: Rules Related to Gameplay, the following:

certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

(iii) Anything that Blizzard considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game.
    The mere fact that they changed the spawn point to stop this from happening proves beyond any doubt that this behaviour was contrary to what Blizzard considers the "essence" of the game.

Even if they hadn't yet done so, it would be pretty disingenuous and/or retarded to try and argue that this behaviour was ever intended, it really is that obvious.

I am pretty certain that people who were reported for doing this were actioned by GMs. First time offenders probably just got a friendly chat and a request from refraining in the future. People with a history of causing shit likely landed short account suspensions.

15+ Year Old Account
    so, was anyone actually banned for killing him up there?

Deleted
    "Huolon's spawn point has been moved to the ground." - Hotfixes February fifth.

Perhaps moving the spawn point high in the air to the right of the area where he spawns would be an even better fix. That way he would be out of range of everyone until he moved to land himself. Thus giving those who like to call him out time to do so and others to respond. Just a suggestion. I think current change is a step in the right direction at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Just be ready to get a warning or 3 day ban ... because cleaver use of mencanic is very narrow bridge to cross. Depends on how Blizz looks at it you can get some sort of punishment.
    Nah, not a problem really, everyone can get a glider and do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Nah, not a problem really, everyone can get a glider and do the same thing.
    Yeah, and everyone could become an engineer and glitch Lich King platforms. What's your point ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Wiping in a dungeon, losing a BG, getting killed by Hogger - all cause 'grief' and inconvenience. Are all those now considered 'griefing' now?
    They can be yes depending on the intent of the player causing those things. Why are you even questioning that? Not all wipes are griefing, not all battleground losses are griefing, not all deaths by hogger are griefing. Which is why simply pulling Huolon at his spawn point was not griefing. It requires a specific intent by the player or players doing the act.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2014-02-07 at 04:16 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never happens in my realm of little to none

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, and everyone could become an engineer and glitch Lich King platforms. What's your point ?
    One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.