Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you haven't done so already, I comment you to read the book about Revan. You can also listen to it on youtube if your prefer that. You can find it right here:
    http://youtu.be/AkkTIID9t2M

Definitely play KOTOR 1 & 2, mostly 1 though IMO. Then read the Revan book. I am a big fan of Revan. Favorite character of all of SW for me. He was very strong in the force as well and knew of techniques that was lost. For one big missing technique of the Sith, read Darth Bane.

You can read wiki. But you should play KOTOR.

I feel bad for those who played swtor before playing Kotor 1. I am a huge sw fan and Im 25 now and was in high school when Kotor came out, I remember as I sat in the living room and found out I was revan, it was one of the greatest moments in my life! Too bad its completely spoiled now by swtor, YouTube, and I guess this post I just made.

But I remember, and I will always remember that day, the earth stood still.

And who knows it was so well done, maybe new people will still feel what I felt. I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride, something touched me deep inside, the day, the music, died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    I remember as I sat in the living room and found out I was revan, it was one of the greatest moments in my life!
    I second that. Although today many people say that that reveal was predictable, my mind was completely blown away when back in 2004 I saw it myself... What can I say, for me it is the most emotional moment in any video game I've ever played, closely followed by reveal in Mass Effect 2 regarding Collectors' origins.

And I completely agree, SWTOR spoils these moments very badly. I think playing KotoR 1/2 before SWTOR is a must, even if you hate the outdated gameplay and graphics - the games are totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    one of the greatest moments in my life!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D883YDu-PzU

whenever I think of Kotor, I think of this dialogue. for me best piece of dialogue in video game history (fwiw).

yeah the revan reveal was the best twist I ever experienced in a videogame, and maybe in general. it really blew my mind.