Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

If either Chicken, Pig, or Cow should suddenly become extinct........

which extinction of the three animals would cause the greatest impact to you?

You can assume that all produce from the animal will also be gone forever, eg Eggs, milk etc.

Please do not post replies that it is impossible for chickens/pigs/cow to become extinct, that is not what this post is about.
    You are basically posting out of chicken, pig or cow, which animal would you miss the most, should it be wiped out?
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-09 at 06:08 PM.

So this really boils down to a choice between eggs, milk and bacon.

I vote eggs. I can live without bacon, and I can definitely live without milk (I feel like I have to puke ever morning after drinking a glass). I can't live without eggs. So, chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    No bacon D:
    I love bacon, but then again I love burger . Actually my favourite burger is a bacon cheese burger :S Normally I would say bacon, but milk and beef is too much for me to live without!

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken, but based entirely on eggs. I live off of the things.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If one of them would ever become extinct I'd eat the other two

i vote pigs. we don't really need their meat and wild hogs are doing a fuck ton of damage in places they don't belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be a split between chicken and cow. I can deal without pork.

pig and cow would affect me and my family the most, we eat a lot of spaghetti with sausage & hamburg, so i'm gonna say buh bye chicken.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The loss of cows would be horrible for me.

Chicken, I could like without.

Deleted
    Chicken. Chicken meat is a rigid important part of my strict diet - They are a extremely important source of protein for me and my body.

Pig - i could not care for it, same goes for cow - the sheer % of fat in it would just put me off in such a way that it's really nothing i eat except if it's "Cause it's good" or i am too lazy to actually have a chicken in the oven cooked properly.

I also consume a lot of chicken, so it's pricy for my part as i eat a lot of it, so i try to compensate for that with beans.

But yeah, Chicken. Defenitly. Not even touching on eggs - albeit i would say i could eat thoose too, i eat too many of them to actually make use of them in comparing to the price i pay for them. Or i just find it tedious to cook em every single morning. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    pig and cow would affect me and my family the most, we eat a lot of spaghetti with sausage & hamburg, so i'm gonna say buh bye chicken.
    sausage and bacon can both be made with turkey and it tastes almost exactly the same. hamburger sausage is good too.

Chickens. The lack of eggs would mean so many great things could no longer be. Like cake.

You can replace cow milk with goat milk, but I don't think it would be as easy to replace chicken eggs.

The only thing you'd be losing with no pigs would be ham and bacon. And while they're my favorite types of meat, it would probably have the least impact overall.

Nobody should be saying pigs. Medically, they are an extremely important species. If anything, chicken should probably go. Even though I'd miss it the most food wise.

Hmmm... I like all those, but they're all pretty easily replaced. It's not like ducks, sheep, and deer aren't delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sausage and bacon can both be made with turkey and it tastes almost exactly the same. hamburger sausage is good too.
    Disagree, there is no way that turkey sausage tastes the same. I can tell if a sausage is made out of turkey because I'll feel like puking after I take a bite. There's just something really terribly off about the taste, and I have no words to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Nobody should be saying pigs. Medically, they are an extremely important species. If anything, chicken should probably go. Even though I'd miss it the most food wise.
    How are they medically incredibly important?

With improvement of subtitie organs in form of cell research moving forward, and the fact of how high of a fat % Pig meat has, why would you so dearly miss it?

Deleted
    chickens, because I love eggs.. hmm egg sunny side up with bacon, chives and salt and pepper hmmm

Deleted
    After reevaluating my choice of killing off pigs, as they would have the smallest impact on current life.

I've revised my choice to killing them all off.

Milk in general is useless for human consumption, there's no real difference between drinking goat, sheep or whatever other type of milk or cheese other than the taste (which imo is irrelevant when making such a choice).
    Pork, sure bacon is delicious but as are many other things, besides pork isnt the best meat-source by a long shot
    Chickens provide both yummy chicken-meat aswell as eggs, all good and well but they arent the only birds to lay eggs for our consumption.

I wouldnt really see any major impact other than financial markets if one, two or all 3 of these species were to become extinct

PS. to the person that said fat is bad, please look into nutrition a little bit more. Fat is GOOD for your body, just not toomuch of it, you'd suffer similair effects when overdoing it on carbs/proteins, only thing is that it's easier to overdo fat because of it's high calory per gram ratio
    Last edited by mmoc9b9fc51bc2; 2014-01-05 at 05:24 AM.

No cows means no hamburgers, but milk is still available through goats.

No pigs means no pork or bacon, as much as I love bacon I don't eat it every day, or even every week.

No chicken...I love eggs, I love chicken itself, I love chicken sandwiches, I probably eat chicken at least once a week if not more.

Yeah it would be chickens.