Deleted

Why the hell is SimDPS on wowprogress doing this?

So I just came across SimDPS on WoWprogress and it's really pissing me off. I had no idea what it was, but then I asked around and apparently it takes your armoury and runs it through simcraft, and it does the same to everyone.

Why am I 14'th and yet listed as arms when I'm top 4'th geared warrior on the server currently.

http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps/eu.../class.warrior

Apparently this guy is above me even though he's 565 ilvl and I'm 573.

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arithus/simple
    Him: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nihe/advanced

You where last simmed 1 month ago, at which point you where Arms. Try uppdating your char on Wowprogress.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    You where last simmed 1 month ago, at which point you where Arms. Try uppdating your char on Wowprogress.
    This, but also bear in mind that ilvl means fuck all.

If in same spec, a talent or a glyph can change simdps by quite a large margin. Reaching a cap of some sort, be it haste or mastery or whatever (dont know if warriors even have this) can have alot of impact on simdps.

So to go up agains a fellow class and spec in simdps, you will need to have the same glyphs and talents for it to be measured in the same way. If you are still below then, your stat priorities are probably wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I clicked update (which put me to rank 1 on the server for Warriors, never thought that would happen in my wow lifetime) but the sim is the same. Can't seem to find how to update that. Any help would be great.

Do I need to actually run a simcraft or is this all via the site?
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2014-01-05 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I clicked update (which put me to rank 1 on the server for Warriors, never thought that would happen in my wow lifetime) but the sim is the same. Can't seem to find how to update that. Any help would be great.

Do I need to actually run a simcraft or is this all via the site?
    For the sim to update it takes a bit of time, not sure how often it does it, but it will update automaticly sometime after you have updated your wowprogress page. ilvl and so on comes from armory, so its instant. The simdps is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    For the sim to update it takes a bit of time, not sure how often it does it, but it will update automaticly sometime after you have updated your wowprogress page. ilvl and so on comes from armory, so its instant. The simdps is not.
    But clearly it hasn't updated in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    But clearly it hasn't updated in a month.
    It seems to be only when geared or spec has changed significantly? As in if I replace a ring and update, it might not resim. If I update w/ a new weapon, it'll generally give me a new SIMDPS within a few days, if not a few minutes/hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It seems to be only when geared or spec has changed significantly? As in if I replace a ring and update, it might not resim. If I update w/ a new weapon, it'll generally give me a new SIMDPS within a few days, if not a few minutes/hours.
    I've gotten my 2nd heroic wep well within a month after I went Fury, so that can't be it either.

This makes no sense. I've even deleted my char and put it back on, changed weapons and updated, changed back to arms and then back to fury and updated, still won't calculate.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2014-01-06 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    SimDPS on wowprogress is broken (Beta) and you're better off ignoring it. Its extremely inaccurate and can sometimes update your sim to ludicrous levels for no reason.

I've gotten my 2nd heroic wep well within a month after I went Fury, so that can't be it either.

This makes no sense. I've even deleted my char and put it back on, changed weapons and updated, changed back to arms and then back to fury and updated, still won't calculate.
    You've only just gone back into its system, and with how long it takes to run a proper SimDPS even on a 12 core server, you can't expect to be updated within seconds especially if you're resubmitting yourself over and over, thats going to push you to the back of the queue every time you update. Just leave it to do its thing and you'll be updated when you're updated.

Posting the same thread twice won't net you other information than already given. I know it's a hard concept to grasp but those updates don't happen on the spot when you click the button as I'd guess it would be way too costly to start sims every time randomplayerwhatever uses the update function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    SimDPS on wowprogress is broken (Beta) and you're better off ignoring it.
    Can't comment on how it is for other classes but my results were accurate although for said reasons usually outdated.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-01-06 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Posting the same thread twice won't net you other information than already given. I know it's a hard concept to grasp but those updates don't happen on the spot when you click the button.

Can't comment on how it is for other classes but my results were accurate although for said reasons usually outdated.
    I didn't post the same thread twice? and yes, I know it doesn't update on the spot, it doesn't update for fucking months at a time.

I didn't post the same thread twice? and yes, I know they don't happen on the spot, it doesn't update for fucking months at a time.
    Well I have seen chars with even longer time between updates but if it is that important I am pretty sure you can contact kernel and ask about it as I doubt you'll get much more information around here.
    Also not that it actually matters but I am pretty sure I have seen the same topic with about the same answers over in the raids and dungeons forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 558 ilvl atm, and I'm simmed at 98k dps on WoWProgress. Clearly that doesn't make sense.
    Don't care about inaccurate numbers from a 3rd party site, and rather care about being geared. Link logs if people doubt your performance.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

10+ Year Old Account
    The wowprogress sim is not accurate anyways, since it uses very low iterations. It is purely for epeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    I have 558 ilvl atm, and I'm simmed at 98k dps on WoWProgress. Clearly that doesn't make sense.
    Don't care about inaccurate numbers from a 3rd party site, and rather care about being geared. Link logs if people doubt your performance.
    Is it that hard to look at things before you call them out on being completely wrong? Sure it isn't perfect but simcraft is our most accurate tool we have right now and not that far off.

Like sjsctt said the wowprogress simulation can show some sketchy results due to the low amount of iterations it's using but in your case this isn't the problem. I'd suggest you take a look at the mouseover of your wowprogress simdps. You might notice something

The last simulation was over 1 month ago and looking at your kills that was soon after you hit 90

Even if you update the sim takes a little while to catch up so it may not change right away some times taking hours to a day to catch up. It is a lot of math even for a computer to handle when its running this sim for every one who hits update.