Thread: Star Wars Mafia

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Wow, Yoda could only be NK'd by Sidious? I'm gonna say that's a tad bit OP.
    You and me both. I mean this game seemed to heavily favored to the town...

Deleted
    PistolPink
    CC: Count Dooku
    RC: Survivor
    Role Description: You are Count Dooku, fallen jedi. You grew disillusioned with the corruption of the jedi and republic and so you are searching for something more. Something to bring justice back to the republic. A new master. Each night you may PM me the name of one person in the hopes of finding a master, someone who might lend you protection and power.
    Win Condition: You win if you are alive at the end of the game.

Hidden Trait: If he finds Darth Sidious, Sidious can automatically eliminate Darth Maul and take Count Dooku. If he finds Darth Maul, he will have a 50% chance of surviving. If he finds Yoda, then Yoda will be alerted to his presence but will not know who he is
    QT Thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/VgRVm23UDykN5

----------
    Krayzy
    CC: Jango Fett
    RC: Bounty Hunter
    Role Description: You are Jango Fett, notorious Bounty Hunter and gun for hire. You are selling your services to highest bidder. Each night you may choose one target from a selection of targets given to you by me. This targets will come from other players. If you manage to kill your target you will receive a boon from the player whos contract you have completed. These come in many forms and you will be informed of the boon along with the kill target.
    Win Condition: You win if you survive to the end game.

Hidden Trait: Should Jango be targeted for a kill he will die and the player will be renamed Boba Fett
    QT Thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/bv58DZkdkhMC
    ----------
    Silkku:
    CC: General Grievous
    RC: Lightsabre Collector
    Role Description: You are General Grievous, the mighty leader of the Seperatists Armies. You are not a droid but a cyborg with the mind of an accomplished warrior and a body with the ability to best any in a lightsabre duel. Your main goal is to eliminate all lightsabre users. Each night you may send me the name of one person who you hope is a lightsabre user. Should you manage to kill a lightsabre user, you will collect their lightsabre and use it in future nights to increase your kills. For each lightsabre (after the first) you collect you will be granted an additional kill.
    Win Condition: You win when all lightsabre users are eliminated.
    QT Thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/xQpeiLmja72T
    ----------
    Dyra:
    CC: Jabba the Hutt
    RC: Lyncher/Survivor
    Role Description: You are Jabba the Hutt, crime boss of Tatoonie. A smuggler by the name of Han Solo works for you but he owes you a lot of money and you don't ever think you'll ever see it again. So you've decided to make an example of Han. You've decided to kill him, but you don't wanna get your hands dirty. You just have to survive long enough to make an example out of Han.
    Win Condition: You win if you survive to the end game and Han Solo is dead.
    ----------
    Lysah:
    CC: Jar Jar Binks
    RC: Jester
    Role Description: You are Jar Jar Binks, the most annoying creation of George Lucas EVER! You're silly way of talking while amusing to some just drives others demented. Therefore you are a jester. However you cannot let yourself be lynched before Day 3. Should you do so you will lose
    Win Condition: Get lynched on day 3 or after
    - - - Updated - - -

The one role that didnt make it into the game
    CC: Dak Ralter
    RC: Rear Gunner
    Role Description: You are Dak Ralter, member of the Rebellion and Luke's rear gunner in the Battle of Hoth. You joined the rebellion to free the galaxy from the empire. You have your vote and make sure it counts
    Win Condition: You win when the empire has been overthrown

A scum that doesn't know its scum that looks like a VT while getting orders that I had no fucking clue what I should do with. Fun game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    My honest opinion is that the "rule of the day" was made completely pointless since the rules added were just stupid.
    Meh. I mostly added them to spice it up.

However Id like everyones opinion on the President of the Thread rule.
    My main intent was to get some serious discussion going over who you would give your vote away to instead of who you would randomly vote on day

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    The role design for some roles seemed kinda stupid but maybe you were going for something really unique. 2 scum who are going to turn on each other, survivor with no benefits unless they happen find a specific person, GROUP of vigilantes, split mafia that loses if a certain guy dies and a killer role that has no added protection and vague goal of killing certain people.
    How was the role design stupid?
    Scum didnt have to turn on each other. But it is the sith way.
    Survivors shouldn't have benefits. Their main goal is to survive the game.
    The group vigilante may have been a bit OP however it is a learning process
    How do they lose if a certain guy dies?

And I thought about giving you protection however decided against it. You could turn into a killing machine.

- - - Updated - - -

He could also be killed by Grievous after he collected 3 lightsabres I think. Its buried in the notes somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    So... Danner died to let me live.
    Yup. You owe him one

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Sidious could only be killed by Yoda or Anakin.

Greeney and Arlee's power struggle just prevented Sidious from being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtic he means how I died and then we automatically conceded even with Ana still alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

Ya the siths battle should have been kept to the shadows >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Celtic he means how I died and then we automatically conceded even with Ana still alive.
    Eh well in fairness the stormtroopers were designed as Pseudo-VTs. They werent supposed to know they were in a mafia and I didnt want to form them into one should you have died.

Looking back I might have added one or two more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    However Id like everyones opinion on the President of the Thread rule.
    I enjoyed it, if I didn't know who Uggor was and or he wasn't a valid candidate, I would've found it really stressful. I really like how the candidates had to say who they were going to lynch in order to get votes for them. I think it gave a better vote record and allowed a lot more discussion. The presidency gave more meaning to Day 1 which I like because I hate arguing every single game about how important Day 1 is.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lysah was a jester that wanted to be lynched after day 3? Oh, that might explain some stuff. I guess she lost because she was NK'd though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

But he didn't have a role he could claim to get out of being lynched. The odds of Yoda getting lynched after being pushed into a corner and claiming? Quite low. The odds of Sidious getting out of it? Nil. In addition to that there was the power struggle that was mentioned. I think an unlynchable mason vigilante is too strong, far stronger than Sidious was. Yoda had one way to die: be killed by Sidious at night. Sidious could be NK'd by Yoda/Anakin, killed by Maul who took over, and lynched because he doesn't have a safe claim to make.

Deleted
    Lukes Missions:
    Day 1: Find R2-D2 - The little droid you have aquired for your Uncle's farm has run off. You have to find it before your uncle finds out. Thereforce each time you post you have to mention R2-D2 or Artoo.

On completion: Congratulations you have found R2-D2 and a protector in the guise of Obi-Wan Kenobi. As long as Obi-Wan lives, he will protect you from most dangers.

Mission Note: Protects Luke from Night Kills. Should the jedi or sith target luke, Obi-Wan will die in his place
    ----------
    Day 2: Lightsabre Training - Lightsabre training is all about clearing your mind and letting the force direct your actions. Therefore today, you must pick one person and follow their voting pattern for the day. By letting them lead you, you can focus on emptying your mind.

On completion: Congratulations, you have successfully learned how to use a lightsabre without cutting off your own hand! You may use your lightsabre each night to block the actions of one person, with a small chance of re-directing their action back at them

Mod Note: Chance to relfect action starts at 10% and increases 10% each night
    ----------

Day 3: Death Star Run - This is it. You are on the final approach to the death star. All your other squadmates are either dead or had to pull out of the fight. Its all down to you. Today you must be the final vote on the person who is lynched.

On Completition: Congratulations! You have blown up the death star saving the rebellion and killing thousands of Imperials. You now get one unblockable kill in the form of a proton torpedo. This can be used at any time to blow up one enemy

Mod Note: One-shot unblockbable kill
    ----------

Day 4: Jedi Training - Jedi Training is an exhaustive physical and mental process. Espicially with yoda riding shotgun on your back. Each time you post you must mention doing some physical activity (eg push-ups) or some mental activity (eg solving a sudoku). However you cannot keep using the same excercise. You may also use jedi excercises (eg Guys I totally lifted some rocks with my mind today)

On Completion: Congratulations, you have completed most of your jedi training. With this comes enhanced sense. Each night you may send me the name of one person and you may discover which way their heart lies (for good or for evil). You cannot use this on consecutive nights and you cannot use this the same night as your roleblock.
    ---

Day 5: Duel with the Dark Lord - This is it. All your training has come down to this moment. Dueling with Darth Vader and ridding the galaxy of his evil. For this day you have to pick one person and take the completely opposite view of whatever they say. You cannot vote for whoever they vote for and if they express an opion, you must disagree with it and take the counter-opinion.

On Completion: Congratulations! You lost your hand! Howebver you have discovered the truth, come to peace with it and taken another step on the road to becoming a Jedi Knight. You can now use Cop Investigation every night and roleblocking on odd nights.
    ----------

Day 6: Rescue from Jabba's - Your best friend, Han Solo has been kidnapped and frozen in carbonite by the evil crime lord Jabba the Hutt. Todays mission is to save a townie from the lynch. Any and all townies. If a townie is lynched today you will fail in your mission. You can convince the town to no lynch, just as long as somebody of town persuasion doesn't die

On completion: Congratulations! You stopped the bloodthristy townies from killing one of their own! You have the gratitude of the town in the form of one-time lynch immunity
    - - - Updated - - -

Lysah was a jester that wanted to be lynched after day 3? Oh, that might explain some stuff. I guess she lost because she was NK'd though.

- - - Updated - - -

But he didn't have a role he could claim to get out of being lynched. The odds of Yoda getting lynched after being pushed into a corner and claiming? Quite low. The odds of Sidious getting out of it? Nil. In addition to that there was the power struggle that was mentioned. I think an unlynchable mason vigilante is too strong, far stronger than Sidious was. Yoda had one way to die: be killed by Sidious at night. Sidious could be NK'd by Yoda/Anakin, killed by Maul who took over, and lynched because he doesn't have a safe claim to make.
    He could also be killed by Grievous after he collected 3 lightsabres I think. Its buried in the notes somewhere.
    This right here

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the president thing, I think it didn't turn out as well as I could've hoped. As mentioned by you in the dead thread early on, it allowed people to be really lazy with their votes, and in the end we ended up doing the usual thing anyway, except it was with maybe 5 out of 24 people agreeing on who to lynch. It was essentially the smallest minority vote lynch we've ever had.

To be more balanced, it was different and despite any complaints, it wasn't terrible or anything.

Deleted
    As for the president thing, I think it didn't turn out as well as I could've hoped. As mentioned by you in the dead thread early on, it allowed people to be really lazy with their votes, and in the end we ended up doing the usual thing anyway, except it was with maybe 5 out of 24 people agreeing on who to lynch. It was essentially the smallest minority vote lynch we've ever had.

To be more balanced, it was different and despite any complaints, it wasn't terrible or anything.
    Agreed. But people should have gotten onto the cases of those that are lazy with their vote. Vote them to be lynched instead.

Personally now that the game is over I think the lynch of Blood Fox on Day 1 was utterly ludicrous

10+ Year Old Account
    ]But he didn't have a role he could claim to get out of being lynched. The odds of Yoda getting lynched after being pushed into a corner and claiming? Quite low. The odds of Sidious getting out of it? Nil. In addition to that there was the power struggle that was mentioned. I think an unlynchable mason vigilante is too strong, far stronger than Sidious was. Yoda had one way to die: be killed by Sidious at night. Sidious could be NK'd by Yoda/Anakin, killed by Maul who took over, and lynched because he doesn't have a safe claim to make.
    That's true, this game was somewhat town favored, I think more of the Sith should've been aligned with each other. I really saw this game as some sort of a power struggle between the "Good" and the "Evil" with 4 different factions to prevent early majority. Jedis and Rebels would be on one side (but they don't know each other) with the Empire and various criminals on the other side (again, they wouldn't know each other).

I really don't know how exactly that would be balanced correctly or how win conditions would work, but I thought that would've been a really cool setup, and I was somewhat beginning to convince myself that there is a possibility that it could be like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. But people should have gotten onto the cases of those that are lazy with their vote. Vote them to be lynched instead.

Personally now that the game is over I think the lynch of Blood Fox on Day 1 was utterly ludicrous
    This is why I voted Virothe.

Something.

you guys all suck, especially Dyra, krayzy, and robo.

Deleted
    How was the role design stupid?
    Scum didnt have to turn on each other. But it is the sith way.
    Survivors shouldn't have benefits. Their main goal is to survive the game.
    The group vigilante may have been a bit OP however it is a learning process
    How do they lose if a certain guy dies?

And I thought about giving you protection however decided against it. You could turn into a killing machine)
    You put people in a position like that and they will have trouble co-operating. This is only acceptable if they are much stronger to begin with which the sith team certainly were not

The game started with 4 kills and had potential to ramp up to more if Grievous gets lightsabers. Putting a survivor with CC for Dooku in there is same as saying "you aren't supposed to win"

Mason Vigis with a guy that can't be killed if Person X is dead. How is that healthy design for the game? Like Robo said, Yoda claims and if Sidious (and also apparently Grievous) is dead then they won't be going away

Mafia auto-lost when Listo died, you wrote it to game ending post yourself

Grievous itself was just a mess. He has no clear indicator who to kill beyond the first thought of "well, TPR and scum probably", he can potentially gain 5 night kills and loses if he dies too soon. Same problem as with Yoda, just not good for the game overall to have the role included

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm closing the thread.

Mafia Discussion Thread is thatta way! ------>

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.