Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I think the biggest scam in healthcare is the marketing of cough syrups, drops, and lozenges. I have tried anything and everything that is supposed to stop you from coughing yet every time I get sick I can never sleep because Im hacking away all night in bed. I would fully support the removal of these products from the store shelves as they do absolutely nothing at all to stop coughing.

Ive tried all types of Robitussin available, Delsym, Triaminic, Mucinex, Vicks, Nyquil, Boiron Chestal, Maty's, and Zarbees. Not a single one has ever done a single thing to stop me from coughing when sick, and some are quite expensive at over $10 per bottle. Im sick and tired of having 3 to 5 sleepless nights every year when I get my yearly cold
    Speak for yourself. It's all dependent upon the cough. Those things all help with dry coughs that hang around after the flem is gone. If you've got flem though, they won't help. Scam? Hardly. People have been buying them for decades and know exactly what they are getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlong, you're so funny. If it doesn't work for you, it works for nobody and its a scam right? Learn a thing about medicine: it doesn't work for everyone. As for the medicines you've named, I've tried a few of them with moderate success. None of them cured my cold, only time (and a good immune system) did that, but they mitigated the symptoms. Take a dayquil and my nose usually stops running at least for a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Lozenges are more about easing a sore throat than suppressing a cough.

Also, Buckley's is the best damn stuff I've ever used. Instant relief. It won't stop you coughing, completely, if you have a bad cold, but it really reduces the severity. It tastes like tree snot, but it's worth it.
    And last time I had a sore throat, they were really effective.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You know what is the ultimate cure for everything?
    This:

(and yes it has crappy taste...i usualy drink it with water like tablets)

Belive me or not. Its much easier to check what nature item will work for a disease on the internet and then going to shop to buy it. (belive it or not...a lot of medicine is made from those or extracted)

Anyway....here is something that helps:

Black radish with honey

Unsprayed black radish , wash it and wipe it . Cut just above her hat , underneath the root ( so that it can stand ) .
    Make a small hole in the bottom ( radish pierced with a toothpick or wooden skewer ) .

Place radishes in a cup and pour a honey in a hole.

Cover the cup and let stand overnight. Fresh honey juice will accrues from radish. Drink it by a spoon.

Lemon juice with honey

Juice of 1 lemon , mix with 1 tablespoon of honey. Eat mixture in slow sips . Instead of honey can also use sugar - stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved in the syrup . (i recomend a small suggar)

Or even better Lemon + sugar + rum = mjam
    Gonna have to try this if I can find black radishes somewhere. I never heard of them before. Only red ones