Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Unholy was ahead of frost on everything apart from spoils before the buff, and it just got buffed by a fair bit more than frost did.

There is a lot of misplaced perceived weakness in unholy as it sims worse than it actually performs, and it shares weapons with other specs while frost doesn't.
    Overall data said so, heavily impacted by the dominance of unholy in t15. Maximum logs said otherwise. Also the mainstream impacts avg dps heavily, the chance of fewer dedicated unholy players to beat the dedicated frost players + mediocre mainstream following max sim dps agenda averaged out in addition to former unholy dominance is quite big here.

While i agree that unholy sims worse than it is the numbers we're still rather pathetic, also given thorugh encounter mechanics though.

@Dominico
    From what perspective? And ranks are only in competition with the same specc. You make rankings against other unholys as unholy not against general dps dks or dps overall.
    And unholy in arena was superior to frost in 90% of the combs before the buff, unholy pressure is just devastating.

@Scabobos
    From my experience effective unholy cleaving is a matter of practice, as it works differently from frost. If the adds don't die very fast you should have a good chance of competing with frost not burst but sustained. Also using SR to either get its dmg from putting it on smaller adds or taking the haste buff for more resources, looking at what point ap/target wise bb makes sense/AoE rotation makes sense and keeping sure empowered timmy cleaves into the mobs and so on.

If they die so fast though, yeah its not really amazing, feelign that especially on farm now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    @Scabobos
    From my experience effective unholy cleaving is a matter of practice, as it works differently from frost. If the adds don't die very fast you should have a good chance of competing with frost not burst but sustained. Also using SR to either get its dmg from putting it on smaller adds or taking the haste buff for more resources, looking at what point ap/target wise bb makes sense/AoE rotation makes sense and keeping sure empowered timmy cleaves into the mobs and so on.

If they die so fast though, yeah its not really amazing, feelign that especially on farm now.
    Ya this is my experience as well. I'll keep playing with it, and if I can get a damn 2h HC weapon to drop I'll probably switch for a few weeks and see if I can't iron things out and perhaps improve on some fights... overall I get the feeling that DW frost will probably still be better on most fights regardless of buffs.